ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Well grbac's season just got harder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=18158)

Abba-Dabba 08-08-2001 11:35 PM

I just realized something.

Isn't this the 2nd torn ACL for Lewis?

keg in kc 08-08-2001 11:37 PM

I believe so. I'm not sure whether it's the same knee or not though. Might look that up just out of curiousity.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-08-2001 11:38 PM

Kyle,

In regards to your post.

You just gotta believe.

Thats all I really can say. You just gotta believe. I didn't believe either, until I went through some negative stuff, but boy oh boy. I do now.

You gotta experience it yourself. I really can't explain it.

CG

asked the big man for guidance, and he gave it to me

Chiefs Pantalones 08-08-2001 11:41 PM

Plus, I try not to get to religious on the BB, because people don't really wanna talk that on a football BB.

Gee:rolleyes:

You know what I mean.

keg in kc 08-08-2001 11:43 PM

I've seen a report that it was his ACL, but I've also seen one that says he tore the lateral collateral ligament (LCL) in his right knee.

It was in '98.

Either way, this was the big risk the Ravens took in drafting him last season, but it did payoff at least in the interim, since they won the Superbowl...

DaWolf 08-08-2001 11:43 PM

I believe he had right knee problems in college, and this one was his left knee...

keg in kc 08-08-2001 11:44 PM

I didn't say I don't believe in God, Cooter, I said I don't believe in destiny.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-08-2001 11:46 PM

FWIW, I believe in both.

But thats me.;) :D

DaWolf 08-09-2001 01:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also don't believe in destiny.

But Elvis should be fine. After all, he's a seasoned defending Super Bowl veteran...

Abba-Dabba 08-09-2001 01:45 AM

I just found out that J.Lewis did blow out his good knee...I wonder how much this will shorten his career, if any? This has really got to concern the Ravens about the future of J.Lewis with 2 bad knees.

keg in kc 08-09-2001 01:49 AM

I'd say they're probably worried enough about it to draft someone else next season. I can only think of one back who's handled injuries to both knees and been at least mildly successful, and that's Terry Allen.

But that doesn't mean Lewis can't do it...

Still, though, they knew the (injury) risk when they drafted him, but they did get their Superbowl, so it's not all a loss. Too bad for him though.

Although, at the risk of sounding insensitive, I can't feel too sorry for him, with all the guaranteed money he probably has banked...

BIG_DADDY 08-09-2001 01:49 AM

Cody is just all optimistic because he is coming off of that big season with the Lakers. HE BELIEVES NOW :D

BIG DADDY

BELIEVES them Lakers are going to be putting an even better team on the court this next year too. Can you say threeeepeat? I knew ya could.

BIG_DADDY 08-09-2001 01:51 AM

Wolf,

Nice picture!!!!

Cannibal 08-09-2001 07:47 AM

Kyle, what was the points against stat?

That fact is that the Raven D propelled that team to a Superbowl victory all by itself basically. They gave up the fewest points allowed in the history of the league and beat the great Titans at Tennessee in the playoffs despite having one of the worst offenses in the league.

That Raven D is one of the best in history.

kcred 08-09-2001 07:55 AM

Well, at least Elvis has experience in leading a team with no running game.