ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Gary Oldman signs up for RoboCop (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259871)

Amnorix 08-08-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8637423)
Well, that's a step in the right direction. Oldman is one of my favorites.

Absolutely agreed. Any movie is instantly better for having Oldman in it. He's outstanding.

Swanman 08-08-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8799835)
Boardwalk Empire' Actor in Negotiations to Join 'Robocop' (Exclusive)

Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Kenneth Williams is in negotiations to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.

The movie is gearing up for a September start in Toronto and has amassed a line up that includes Joel Kinnaman as the title hero, Hugh Laurie as the villain, plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley.

Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film.

Williams will play the partner to Kinnaman’s police officer Alex Murphy who is tight with Murphy’s family.

Williams garnered acclaim starring in HBO’s The Wire, recurred on NBC’s Community, and is currently shooting Twelve Years a Slave, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. On Empire, he plays racketeer Chalky White.
Williams is repped by The Collective.

His name is Omar, damnit.

bowener 08-08-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8799835)
Boardwalk Empire' Actor in Negotiations to Join 'Robocop' (Exclusive)

Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Kenneth Williams is in negotiations to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.

The movie is gearing up for a September start in Toronto and has amassed a line up that includes Joel Kinnaman as the title hero, Hugh Laurie as the villain, plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley.

Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film.

Williams will play the partner to Kinnaman’s police officer Alex Murphy who is tight with Murphy’s family.

Williams garnered acclaim starring in HBO’s The Wire, recurred on NBC’s Community, and is currently shooting Twelve Years a Slave, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. On Empire, he plays racketeer Chalky White.
Williams is repped by The Collective.

Hell yeah! He is ****ing awesome. With a face like his, he probably won't be playing a good guy... unless he is a good guy that had an accident at some point and horrifically scarred his face. Just sayin'.

edit: Jesus Christ! Just read he received the scar in a bar fight. **** that.

Tribal Warfare 08-26-2012 05:54 PM

No Hugh Laurie For ‘Robocop’ Remake
By MIKE FLEMING Friday August 24, 2012 @ 9:46am PDT

Though he was expected to play the head of the facility that made the title character, Hugh Laurie is no longer going to star in the Robocop remake at MGM. The film, which stars Joel Kinnaman in the role originated by Peter Weller, is being directed by Jose Padilha and also stars Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Jackie Earle Haley, Abbie Cornish and Jay Baruchel. I’ve heard MGM is talking with a small group of actors to fill the role that Laurie was to play, including Clive Owen.

Bowser 08-26-2012 06:24 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6gi28J7Ml1r4fwg5.gif

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 02:11 AM

Michael Keaton Joins ‘Robocop’ Remake
By MIKE FLEMING Wednesday August 29, 2012 @ 3:31pm PDT

BREAKING: Michael Keaton has been set to play the role of Raymond Sellars in the MGM/Columbia Pictures’ RoboCop remake. Sellars is the CEO of the corporation that builds RoboCop, a role that Hugh Laurie was expected to play until he dropped out before consummating a deal. The film, a re-imagining of the 1987 Paul Verhoeven cult classic, is scheduled to begin shooting next month. RoboCop will be released on August 9, 2013.

Keaton joins previously announced Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson and Abbie Cornish in the Jose Padilha-directed film.

“Michael is the final addition to the amazing cast we have assembled for this film and it is so great to have the last puzzle piece in place. It is thrilling that everything has come together to bring this innovative new vision of RoboCop to life. We’ve got a great script, a great cast, some killer ED-209’s and I can’t wait to get Alex Murphy back on the streets,” said Padilha.

RockChalk 08-31-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8867519)
Michael Keaton Joins ‘Robocop’ Remake
By MIKE FLEMING Wednesday August 29, 2012 @ 3:31pm PDT

BREAKING: Michael Keaton has been set to play the role of Raymond Sellars in the MGM/Columbia Pictures’ RoboCop remake. Sellars is the CEO of the corporation that builds RoboCop, a role that Hugh Laurie was expected to play until he dropped out before consummating a deal. The film, a re-imagining of the 1987 Paul Verhoeven cult classic, is scheduled to begin shooting next month. RoboCop will be released on August 9, 2013.

Keaton joins previously announced Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson and Abbie Cornish in the Jose Padilha-directed film.

“Michael is the final addition to the amazing cast we have assembled for this film and it is so great to have the last puzzle piece in place. It is thrilling that everything has come together to bring this innovative new vision of RoboCop to life. We’ve got a great script, a great cast, some killer ED-209’s and I can’t wait to get Alex Murphy back on the streets,” said Padilha.

When's the last time he was even in a movie? I can't seem to recall

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8867719)
When's the last time he was even in a movie? I can't seem to recall

The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, and he voiced Ken in Toy Story 3

Red Brooklyn 09-15-2012 01:38 PM

First look at the new Robocop.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproducti...jpg?1347732455

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproducti...jpg?1347732487

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58358

Tribal Warfare 09-15-2012 01:48 PM

I think that's a human cop/SWAT suit. if you notice he still has his right hand intact.

Red Brooklyn 09-15-2012 01:52 PM

I have no idea. I was just passing along the pics and the article.

Valiant 09-15-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8912002)
I think that's a human cop/SWAT suit. if you notice he still has his right hand intact.

Looks like Kinnaman in the suit, the suit looks like the RC-2000 picture from the website.. Now maybe it is a swat suit, and he dies in it and becomes RC, but I have a feeling that is what RC is going to look like..

Tribal Warfare 09-15-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8912037)
Looks like Kinnaman in the suit, the suit looks like the RC-2000 picture from the website.. Now maybe it is a swat suit, and he dies in it and becomes RC, but I have a feeling that is what RC is going to look like..

IMO, it looks like it's a SWAT suit by the mere fact that they're shooting a scene in one of the pics with his hand exposed.

Imon Yourside 09-15-2012 02:33 PM

It will be nice to see Keaton back in action.

Bowser 09-15-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8912043)
IMO, it looks like it's a SWAT suit by the mere fact that they're shooting a scene in one of the pics with his hand exposed.

Maybe they're going to CGI his hand out of the shot.