ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Texans reportedly not excited last night after getting Watson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307429)

Bewbies 04-28-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12846358)
We are to the Texans what the Colts are to us.

It's nice to not be the bitch in such a relationship. :)

Not for long. Soon the Colts will be our bitch too.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 04:28 PM

Unreal. The Giants were going for him too. EVERYONE wanted a chance to develop this guy, it sounds like.

ModSocks 04-28-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12846306)
I thought for sure that we were taking Watson at 10 and I was ****ing pissed. I was praying it was Mahomes.

I had my fingers crossed for sure.

mdchiefsfan 04-28-2017 04:32 PM

Didnt some say that we moved way too far for a person that could've been had later?

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2017 04:32 PM

Damn. A ****ton of teams see the same thing in Mahomes. Major props to Dorsey for this move.

ModSocks 04-28-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12846326)
I was standing in the middle of a park, watching NFL Network on my phone while my daughter was at her softball lessons. They trade up and I get a smile on my face and Mayock mentions Watson and my ****ing heart dropped. That 5 minutes we were on the clock took for ****ing ever. As soon as "Patrick" made it out of Goodell's mouth....I fist pumped multiple times in the air.

Patrick?

I didn't even wait for him to get that far. Pa...."YEEAAAAAH"

Beef Supreme 04-28-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12846412)
Patrick?

I didn't even wait for him to get that far. Pa...."YEEAAAAAH"

Not me, I waited to hear the full name before celebrating. Years of abuse had me afraid the pick might be Patrick Neverheardofhim, offensive guard from Butt****egypt Community College.

Coochie liquor 04-28-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 12846374)

Ballard is there now, and next year Toub will be too. It's gonna be good competition for years.

TribalElder 04-28-2017 05:32 PM

Need a gif of Dorsey war room reaction

High fiving jumping around

And the awkward fist bump with the Clark

Frazod 04-28-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 12846374)

Over 22 years, we're 0-4 in the playoffs against those ****ers, including games where our defense held them to 10 points, our offense never punted, and we had a 28-point halftime lead. That's ownage, and it never goes away until we do something similar to them, when it counts, more than once.

God I hate the Colts. :#

mdchiefsfan 04-28-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12846317)
I was at the Chris Stapleton concert (seriously - GO SEE CHRIS STAPLETON. Holy shit that was an awesome show).

And so it's between acts when I get the notice that the Chiefs traded up. Then the crowd is filling in for Stapleton so the wifi and 3g reception is falling apart. I audible and start sending my buddies who are all on a group chat texts telling them they'd damn well better keep me informed (of that group, 80% of them were also at the concert but I didn't know that).

So after 5 minutes I get a text that says "they're saying it's gonna be Watson..."

"SHIT! MOTHER****ER SHIT!! FIRST TIME IN MY LIFETIME THAT THEY ACTUALLY TRY AND THEY DO A ****ING LOUSY JOB OF IT. MOTHERFU....."

{ding}

"MAHOMES!!!"

{ding}

"mAHOMes!1!"

{ding}

"its pat mahomes"

and so forth....

So to Collin, the asshole that told me it was going to be Watson because he was evidently just repeating mayock's drivel - eat balls. For a moment, you'd killed me. I had died.

ROFL

Ming the Merciless 04-28-2017 06:15 PM

CHUEFS

yesss

lets GO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSS

Anyong Bluth 04-28-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12846167)
It sounds to me like they were dead set on getting him, and when they didn't, they panicked and got Watson. Especially given the fact that the war room was presumably dead.

If "your" guy is gone, I guess I don't get why you would settle and take a QB just to take one?

Either the guy is worth it to still drop a 1st on him or not?

You don't mow lawns all summer long to save up to buy an SNES, only to find out when you get to the store they are sold out, and impulsively decide since you came to buy a gaming system with the savings you earned and built that you blow it all on an Atari Jaguar.

There will be more SNES coming back in stock, and future QBs to get what you truly want. Get creative and stockpile picks, so next year you've got the ammo to get the guy you really want with the collateral you've amassed.

Especially when we're talking about the QB position & using a high 1st round selection.

Tombstone RJ 04-28-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12846206)
Mahomes ceiling is higher than any QB in the draft. His ability to make plays and his arm are ahead of the pack. Houston knew it. AZ knew it and we stole it. The Saints knew it and so did two other undisclosed teams.

We stole him. Gotta be excited for the future.

lulzz.. your team reached for a project and paid a steep price too. But, like I told you clowns a long time ago, this is the year your team drafts a QB high.

mdchiefsfan 04-28-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12846947)
If "your" guy is gone, I guess I don't get why you would settle and take a QB just to take one?

Either the guy is worth it to still drop a 1st on him or not?

You don't mow lawns all summer long to save up to buy an SNES, only to find out when you get to the store they are sold out, and impulsively decide since you came to buy a gaming system with the savings you earned and built that you blow it all on an Atari Jaguar.

There will be more SNES coming back in stock, and future QBs to get what you truly want. Get creative and stockpile picks, so next year you've got the ammo to get the guy you really want with the collateral you've amassed.

Especially when we're talking about the QB position & using a high 1st round selection.

The Texans put themselves in this position by first offering that ridiculous contract to Oswieler, going all in on the Romo hype, trading Oswieler and a 2nd (which probably took the juice they needed to outbid us), and needed ANYONE to start for them this season.

In short: they ****ed themselves.