ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Brace yourself N'Awlins,here come the 49er thugs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269188)

Nzoner 01-22-2013 02:28 PM

Brace yourself N'Awlins,here come the 49er thugs

Below is an excerpt from an article at cbssports.com I guess I didn't realize just how bad the 49er fan base has gotten.

Now the 49ers are in the Super Bowl. Their fans are coming to New Orleans, to Bourbon Street. What could possibly go wrong? Everything, but at least the 49ers won't be playing the Raiders. A year ago during a preseason game between the Bay Area teams, two fans were shot and one was beaten unconscious in a Candlestick restroom. It was so bad, the 49ers canceled tailgating after kickoff for future games. Because their fans base couldn't behave. Sad, really.

The 49ers vs. Raiders in New Orleans, their fans drinking and posturing for a week at Bourbon Street, sounds damn near apocalyptic. The 49ers vs. anybody, though, is scary enough. This time it'll be the 49ers vs. the Baltimore Ravens.

Be careful, Ravens fans. Wear your colors with pride.

And wear them in large numbers.

Molitoth 01-22-2013 02:30 PM

San Francisco (the city) is a giant freak show.

Dave Lane 01-22-2013 02:32 PM

The Oakland fans (49ers fans when faders suck) can't leave the state without their PO's permission so not an issue.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 02:57 PM

I went to a game last year at Candlestick. The area surrounding the stadium is a dump, which likely contributes to the few less-than-stellar citizens going to those games.

However, are we honestly going to make the generalization that all 49er fans are that way because of one incident last week? Really? I thought this board had people who knew better...

Ace Gunner 01-22-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9341835)
San Francisco (the city) is a giant freak show.

it is and has all those big city features such as thuggery

Nzoner 01-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9341977)

However, are we honestly going to make the generalization that all 49er fans are that way because of one incident last week? Really? I thought this board had people who knew better...

Did you read the entire article?

BlackHelicopters 01-22-2013 03:02 PM

America has criminals everywhere?

dallaschiefsfan 01-22-2013 03:03 PM

Ray Lewis has something to say about this...

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9341996)
Did you read the entire article?

Yes, did you? He cited one road incident.

Did you read my post? Candlestick is in a rough area, and the writer is making a generalization about a fanbase based on ONE road incident. One. That's not enough to make a conclusion about a fanbase as a whole. The conclusion was made citing mostly events that happend in the past at Candlestick.

Poorly written article. Poor conclusion.

Nzoner 01-22-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9342078)
Yes, did you? He cited one road incident.

Did you read my post? Candlestick is in a rough area, and the writer is making a generalization about a fanbase based on ONE road incident. One. That's not enough to make a conclusion about a fanbase as a whole. The conclusion was made citing mostly events that happend in the past at Candlestick.

Poorly written article. Poor conclusion.

Yes,I read it and my post was in direct response to your use of the word generalization.The writer clearly states at the very begininng...

Quote:

This column will be harsh, 49ers fans, but it will be fair. And it will make it clear early, just a few sentences in, before we get some momentum going and some damning facts printed -- before the easily swayed are swayed into thinking most 49ers fans, or even lots of you, are violent, dangerous psychopaths. You're not. Not most of you. Not even lots of you.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 03:39 PM

ya'll lucky that omar and barksdale can't get down there.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9342133)
Yes,I read it and my post was in direct response to your use of the word generalization.The writer clearly states at the very begininng...

Yeah, which is equivalent to saying, "You're not fat, but your BMI says you're obese so you should lose weight."

He essentially says, "I'm not going to make a generalization, but my conclusion will ultimately point to a generalization."

KChiefer 01-22-2013 03:47 PM

I doubt the thuggiest will be able to afford the trip/tix to the SB.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

San Fran is a bastion of class and a cradle of greatness.

DaFace 01-22-2013 07:41 PM

Kind of a dumb article. I'd almost buy the argument that the 49ers fanbase is a little rougher than the average, but (conceding the overgeneralization) people who have the money to pay to go to a Super Bowl don't tend to be the violent types.