ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Starting Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162308)

Direckshun 04-30-2007 11:06 AM

Starting Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs

I think the slightly humorous thing in this situation is that we have three QBs who all could make a reasonable argument that they deserve the starting spot.

Green -- team leader with best resume

Croyle -- young QBotF that will inherit this team eventually

Huard -- played the best of all three QBs in 2006

Out of the three, who do you ideally want to start?

luv 04-30-2007 11:13 AM

Croyle. He's got to get his feet wet. If Trent is still with us, then he would be a good mentor. We also have an excellent backup.

Frosty 04-30-2007 11:15 AM

If they want to seriously try to make a play-off run, despite having next to no chance of making the Super Bowl - Trent Green

If they want to win a handful of games and putz around with no view on the future - Huard

If they want to look to the future while getting experience for their young players, even if means going 6-10 - Croyle

If they want the top pick in the draft next year - Printers

Molitoth 04-30-2007 11:17 AM

Trent Green on week 1. That is if he wants to be here and win, and has a good attitude about still being a chief. If he walks out on the field with a dont give a shit attitude, then no.

If Trent fails during week 1. Put in Huard in week 2. Give Huard until week 5 and judge his performance. If Huard is failing at week 5, put Croyle in for the rest of the year for experience.

penguinz 04-30-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth
Trent Green on week 1. That is if he wants to be here and win, and has a good attitude about still being a chief. If he walks out on the field with a dont give a shit attitude, then no.

If Trent fails during week 1. Put in Huard in week 2. Give Huard until week 5 and judge his performance. If Huard is failing at week 5, put Croyle in for the rest of the year for experience.

Are you related to HalfCan?

ChiefsCountry 04-30-2007 11:22 AM

Depends on the preseason, if Croyle kicks butt - starter for the year. If he struggles and needs another season to learn start Green. Huard should stay #3 IMO.

bogie 04-30-2007 11:26 AM

Start whoever wins the position. Don't start Croyle if he's not a starter. If whoever starts isn't winning, don't be afriad to replace him with the next best and so on. JMO.

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2007 11:27 AM

JOSH SWOGGER

Logical 04-30-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
If they want to seriously try to make a play-off run, despite having next to no chance of making the Super Bowl - Trent Green

If they want to win a handful of games and putz around with no view on the future - Huard

If they want to look to the future while getting experience for their young players, even if means going 6-10 - Croyle

If they want the top pick in the draft next year - Printers

I think I want to change my vote to Printers.;)

Fish 04-30-2007 11:27 AM

Keep fucking doubting Casey Printers...........

Slick32 04-30-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
I think the slightly humorous thing in this situation is that we have three QBs who all could make a reasonable argument that they deserve the starting spot.

Green -- team leader with best resume

Croyle -- young QBotF that will inherit this team eventually

Huard -- played the best of all three QBs in 2006

Out of the three, who do you ideally want to start?

Totally wrong comparison to make. Green was injured and should not have returned last year.

Huard was respectable when he played, but is by far not the best QB on the team.

luv 04-30-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick32
Totally wrong comparison to make. Green was injured and should not have returned last year.

Huard was respectable when he played, but is by far not the best QB on the team.

Well, out of the three's play time, who played the best, for last year, out of the three? The answer to that doesn't necessarily mean that they are the best of the three.

suds79 04-30-2007 11:45 AM

I want for this team to move on to the next phase as the DV era didn't work out.

Brodie Croyle. Let the evaluation begin.

The other QBs are just 1-2 year options that won't do anything for us in the future.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-30-2007 11:46 AM

I vote for the guy who plays the best and wins the job in pre-season. Call me crazy.

luv 04-30-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
I vote for the guy who plays the best and wins the job in pre-season. Call me crazy.

Crazy.