ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Do you have a bug out bag? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281756)

Silock 02-25-2014 10:21 PM

Do you have a bug out bag?

If so, what's in it?

I'm not making a "bug out bag," per se, but I am looking to buy some cheaper, lightweight/ultralight gear to pack in a day hiking bag. Maybe a modular sleeping bag, some silk or polypro base layers, along with some basic survival stuff.

Do you buy your stuff online? Locally? What site?

HonestChieffan 02-25-2014 10:34 PM

How long will you need to survive and in what season of the year? Remote? Urban? Need to have more info
Locally. Rei. Cabelas. Basspro

Tons of info online including lists of things you can consider

Ragged Robin 02-25-2014 10:35 PM

I have a replica 1942 US Paratrooper musette bag that I bring along for weekend trips and such. I have two of them that I normally use for pannier bags for my bike and detach one when needed. Was more of a stylistic/authentic/cool choice as opposed to value/practicality.

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/searc...ts.asp?cat=141

Buzz 02-25-2014 10:38 PM

Tin foil for my hat and a roll of toilet paper for my butt, if I run out of natty light, people may die.

Dayze 02-25-2014 10:42 PM

not yet, but it's on my to do list. I don't think I'd classify it as a bug out bag, I suppose.

but something with cash, blankets, a few clothes, some food, and some water (nearby in the garage). probably only something to last 3-5 days.

beyond that, I figure I'm ****ed anyway lol

In58men 02-25-2014 10:47 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/3y2yvyjy.jpg

dmahurin 02-25-2014 10:49 PM

At the house I have one for each family member and I keep one in my locker at work. Basics like a survival blanket, a couple bottles of water, a knife, fishing line, datrex food bars, a water filtration straw, small compass, hand crank flashlight, a couple glow sticks. Nothing crazy but enough to get by for a couple days if things aren't too bad.

Dayze 02-25-2014 10:51 PM

:hmmm:

that's interesting. I'm definitely not someone who could 'bug out' for like more than 1 week etc; if I need to , it's pretty much over at that point lol

but that, or something similar, would be a nice option.
I'd go to our local survival / military surplus location, but would be hesitant in fear of encountering a similar person like in the movie Falling Down

Buehler445 02-25-2014 11:41 PM

Don't have one.

If shit gets real and I get in trouble around here I know where to go for supplies.

But let's be real here. If civilization goes to **** I'm the first guy dead. I've got some decent tools and a freezer full of food at the house. I probably don't stay there. I go to the farm where I can also get to a generator and a pretty fair supply of fuel.

Yeah. Shit gets and stays real, I'm getting robbed and probably killed. I've got guns but it's not like anything is defendable in this part of the world.

Simply Red 02-25-2014 11:51 PM

this is a personal question.

Silock 02-25-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10454096)
How long will you need to survive and in what season of the year? Remote? Urban? Need to have more info
Locally. Rei. Cabelas. Basspro

Tons of info online including lists of things you can consider

Mostly just looking for something that I can hike with in the mountains, but not be too concerned if I get caught in an unexpected storm and need to hunker down for the night.

What I have currently:

Merino wool socks and base layers
Waterproof hiking boots
Taped rain jacket
Emergency bivvy sack and tent
Packable down sweater
Filtration straw
First aid kit (gauze, tape, Quickclot, benadryl, sunscreen)

mr. tegu 02-25-2014 11:57 PM

You must have duct tape and bubble wrap.

Dayze 02-26-2014 12:34 AM

Im saving up for a Bwana gun.

...then a few round of Bwana ammo.

adversary vs. Bwana = Tap out. ...and by tap out I mean ..420 handgun.

and I'll be headed to Bwana's place with a white flag and nekkid wife (for trade of course)

Gonzo 02-26-2014 01:41 AM

I have a bug out cabinet.

Two months supplies of canned goods.
Propane heater, 20 1-quart bottles propane.
One 10 gauge shotgun, 400 shells. Mostly 00 buck and turkey loads.
One 12 gauge, 1,000 shells assorted size.
One .22 browning 5,000 rounds.
One PSE compound bow, 40 arrows, 90 arrowheads.
Wind up flashlight/radio.
100 batteries assorted sizes.
5 cases bottled water.
2 large bottles of multivitamins.
Instant coffee.
Three oil lamps, 2 gallons lamp oil.
Several cans of Sterno. Two stoves..
One machete
Several knives and multi tools.
Soap, unscented.
One browning 300 win mag BAR
Reloading supplies
Duct tape
I'm sure I'm missing something. A lot of my hunting supplies double as Armageddon supplies so im pretty prepared.

Jimmya 02-26-2014 01:46 AM

Gonzo is prepared!