ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269794)

ModSocks 02-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9385076)
Yep.

"I dont think the chiefs will take Geno Smith I think they'll take Damontre Moore"

:facepalm:

Are you ****ing with me or something?

Bowser 02-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9385071)
Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is reeruned.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.

They really are. It's awful and unexplainable. I know guys with solid football IQ's that are arguing that we should take Joeckel because he's that "once a decade player at his position", and that Geno Smith/Barkley/Wilson are just guys. I always respond with "How's Miami looking these days with Jake Long?", and get the standard rambling bullshit of WELL THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS....

DJ's left nut 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9385082)
They really are. It's awful and unexplainable. I know guys with solid football IQ's that are arguing that we should take Joeckel because he's that "once a decade player at his position", and that Geno Smith/Barkley/Wilson are just guys. I always respond with "How's Miami looking these days with Jake Long?", and get the standard rambling bullshit of WELL THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS....

Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.

warpaint* 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

We have a left tackle. We don't have a quarterback.

That should end the debate before it ever begins.

EJ Manuel..........I haven't been drunk since 2004 but this may be the impetus to take a flying leap off the wagon...

Bowser 02-07-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9385092)
Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.

My belief is that once the mouthbreathers start picking their "big boards" on ESPN rational thought goes right the **** out the door. OMGZZ YOU GUYS MCSHAY AND HAIRDO SAY NO QB IS WORTH THE TOP PICK WE BETTER NOT TAKE ONE, completely ignoring the fact that the FIRST thing this team needs is a quarterback.

Maddening

HolyHat 02-07-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9385092)

I'm going as far as to say Joeckel will end up a joke in the NFL. The guy gets pushed around a lot, ends up on the ground a lot. I don't see how that translates into a "once in a decade guy"

Bowser 02-07-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385111)
I'm going as far as to say Joeckel will end up a joke in the NFL. The guy gets pushed around a lot, ends up on the ground a lot. I don't see how that translates into a "once in a decade guy"

I didn't watch a ton of aTm games, but it seemed like the ofense was if the first two reads are covered, then run. That would make a ton of left tackles look good.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:20 PM

By the time the draft rolls around......a QB will be talked about as a lock to go #1 and Joeckel won't be the #1 rated OT.

warpaint* 02-07-2013 01:21 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Very possible

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

ROFL

kane198t:
I've said it in a few other posts, and I will say it again here. Any team that looks to draft a "franchise QB", needs to make sure they have an O line that is in place and they need to have weapons for the QB to get the ball to. If KC drafts Smith, they better have gotten a true no. 2 WR, and they need help on the O line. they DO need help, regardless of what some of their fans are saying. When you have the number 1 pick, you MUST make the safe pick or trade down, do not use that pick on a Boom or Bust, or Risk factor type of player.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9385129)
^^^^^^^^^^^

Very possible

It's a ****ing lock.

The year Cam Newton was drafted.....the Panthers were mocked Da'Quan Bowers or Nick Fairley for months. The draft gets closer and Newton creeps up those boards until he's pretty much a lock at #1.

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9385014)
I've been a 'Noles fan for years (this is what you do when the hometown team consistently sucks) and as many CB's and DL prospects as I've pimped here over the years I pray to gawd we don't take him.

There is no ability, at all, to elevate his play in big games. He's got talent but over and over and over again has displayed an inability to ever progress to that true leadership role...

:clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385041)
EJ Manuel is a poor mans Josh Freeman

No. EJ Manuel is a broke, homeless, dying man's Adrian McPhearson.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...RFqXBjx5L_vdDQ

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

I guarantee you that if we had traded into the #2 spot last year for RG3....there would have been a section of our fan base screaming to take Matt Kalil or Trent Richardson. This fan base is so ****ing scared to take a QB....especially a black one....that it's ****ing pathetic.

HolyHat 02-07-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9385136)
No. EJ Manuel is a broke, homeless, dying man's Adrian McPhearson.

If that

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385140)
This fan base is so ****ing scared to take a QB....especially a black one....that it's ****ing pathetic.

Lets beef up that Oline and draft a RB. Get back to the glory years of 1992!