ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269794)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-07-2013 12:37 PM

From NFL.COM / Chiefs select Manuel

Sorry for the bad news.

Chiefs go with Luke Joeckel
Despite speculation the Chiefs will go with Geno Smith, they end up with the Texas A&M left tackle. But don't breathe a sigh of relief, Matt Cassel. The Chiefs will find their QB in the second round with E.J. Manuel (who certainly won't mind playing for Andy Reid). In case you're wondering, the Cardinals don't draft Smith (he goes No. 8 to Buffalo), and the Birds end up with Matt Barkley in the second round.

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:38 PM

why do yo hate me?

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 12:39 PM

oh yeah?

How about THIS, also from nfl.com?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/160100

NFL Mock Draft: Geno Smith still holds top spot

By Bucky Brooks |

Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: Feb. 6, 2013 at 04:03 p.m.
The conclusion of the Senior Bowl nearly brings the college all-star game circuit to a close, prompting NFL scouts and coaches to move on to the next phase in the evaluation process. With teams becoming increasingly familiar with all of the prospects, including a huge class of underclassmen entrants, the connection between team need and available talent is starting to crystallize. Additionally, the hiring of head coaches and coordinators provides us with an idea of how well prospects potentially fit into a team's designated offensive or defensive scheme. While the process remains fluid at this point, I thought I would dive in and take another crack at a mock draft. Since I'm not including a quick explanation behind each pick, feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@buckybrooks) to discuss the rationale behind the selections. Without further ado, here is my mock draft, version 2.0:

Pick 1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB WVU.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 12:40 PM

So Geno goes #8.....but not #1. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:43 PM

I've been a 'Noles fan for years (this is what you do when the hometown team consistently sucks) and as many CB's and DL prospects as I've pimped here over the years I pray to gawd we don't take him.

There is no ability, at all, to elevate his play in big games. He's got talent but over and over and over again has displayed an inability to ever progress to that true leadership role...

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385010)
So Geno goes #8.....but not #1. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Todd McShay does the same horseshit in his latest mock.

Buffalo is taking Glennon. He's the only other QB with a strong enough arm to deliver the ball through their weather.

But Geno will be off the board before they can pick. :thumb:

HolyHat 02-07-2013 12:53 PM

EJ Manuel is a poor mans Josh Freeman

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 12:55 PM

Jake Long/Chad Henne

KC_Lee 02-07-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9385052)
Jake Long/Chad Henne

And look how well that worked out.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385041)

Not even...

HolyHat 02-07-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9385056)
And look how well that worked out.

Exactly. Jake Long wont make a second contract with the team that drafted him, and the Dolphins have already drafted another QB.

Mr. Laz 02-07-2013 12:59 PM

All these guys need to continue to change their mocks etc to try and keep people interested.

When the week of the draft rolls around 90% of the mocks will have Geno Smith at #1.

Don't let them pull your chain

HolyHat 02-07-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9385061)
Not even...

When I say "poor man" I mean half dead under a bridge poor...

ModSocks 02-07-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9385005)
oh yeah?

How about THIS, also from nfl.com?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/160100

NFL Mock Draft: Geno Smith still holds top spot

By Bucky Brooks |

Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: Feb. 6, 2013 at 04:03 p.m.
The conclusion of the Senior Bowl nearly brings the college all-star game circuit to a close, prompting NFL scouts and coaches to move on to the next phase in the evaluation process. With teams becoming increasingly familiar with all of the prospects, including a huge class of underclassmen entrants, the connection between team need and available talent is starting to crystallize. Additionally, the hiring of head coaches and coordinators provides us with an idea of how well prospects potentially fit into a team's designated offensive or defensive scheme. While the process remains fluid at this point, I thought I would dive in and take another crack at a mock draft. Since I'm not including a quick explanation behind each pick, feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@buckybrooks) to discuss the rationale behind the selections. Without further ado, here is my mock draft, version 2.0:

Pick 1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB WVU.

Did you read the user comments? JFC our fan base is reeruned.

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Nah...they're that ****ing dense.

htismaqe 02-07-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9385071)

Someone was arguing the other day that our fan base isn't as stupid as they seem on the Radio....

Yep.

ModSocks 02-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9385076)
Yep.

"I dont think the chiefs will take Geno Smith I think they'll take Damontre Moore"

:facepalm:

Are you ****ing with me or something?

Bowser 02-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

They really are. It's awful and unexplainable. I know guys with solid football IQ's that are arguing that we should take Joeckel because he's that "once a decade player at his position", and that Geno Smith/Barkley/Wilson are just guys. I always respond with "How's Miami looking these days with Jake Long?", and get the standard rambling bullshit of WELL THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS....

DJ's left nut 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9385082)
They really are. It's awful and unexplainable. I know guys with solid football IQ's that are arguing that we should take Joeckel because he's that "once a decade player at his position", and that Geno Smith/Barkley/Wilson are just guys. I always respond with "How's Miami looking these days with Jake Long?", and get the standard rambling bullshit of WELL THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS....

Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.

warpaint* 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

We have a left tackle. We don't have a quarterback.

That should end the debate before it ever begins.

EJ Manuel..........I haven't been drunk since 2004 but this may be the impetus to take a flying leap off the wagon...

Bowser 02-07-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9385092)
Except that some people believe that Eric Fischer is a better prospect than Joeckel.

Two once in a decade players in one draft! Then there was Khalil last season, Clady a couple before that, etc, etc....

He's not a once in a decade player. Joekel is a once every single season player. And hell, it could be that Geno Smith is a once every single season player as well - but we need one now.

The logic just doesn't hold on the Joeckel pick once you start to really dig into it.

My belief is that once the mouthbreathers start picking their "big boards" on ESPN rational thought goes right the **** out the door. OMGZZ YOU GUYS MCSHAY AND HAIRDO SAY NO QB IS WORTH THE TOP PICK WE BETTER NOT TAKE ONE, completely ignoring the fact that the FIRST thing this team needs is a quarterback.

Maddening

HolyHat 02-07-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9385092)

I'm going as far as to say Joeckel will end up a joke in the NFL. The guy gets pushed around a lot, ends up on the ground a lot. I don't see how that translates into a "once in a decade guy"

Bowser 02-07-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385111)
I'm going as far as to say Joeckel will end up a joke in the NFL. The guy gets pushed around a lot, ends up on the ground a lot. I don't see how that translates into a "once in a decade guy"

I didn't watch a ton of aTm games, but it seemed like the ofense was if the first two reads are covered, then run. That would make a ton of left tackles look good.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:20 PM

By the time the draft rolls around......a QB will be talked about as a lock to go #1 and Joeckel won't be the #1 rated OT.

warpaint* 02-07-2013 01:21 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Very possible

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

ROFL

kane198t:
I've said it in a few other posts, and I will say it again here. Any team that looks to draft a "franchise QB", needs to make sure they have an O line that is in place and they need to have weapons for the QB to get the ball to. If KC drafts Smith, they better have gotten a true no. 2 WR, and they need help on the O line. they DO need help, regardless of what some of their fans are saying. When you have the number 1 pick, you MUST make the safe pick or trade down, do not use that pick on a Boom or Bust, or Risk factor type of player.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9385129)
^^^^^^^^^^^

Very possible

It's a ****ing lock.

The year Cam Newton was drafted.....the Panthers were mocked Da'Quan Bowers or Nick Fairley for months. The draft gets closer and Newton creeps up those boards until he's pretty much a lock at #1.

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9385014)
I've been a 'Noles fan for years (this is what you do when the hometown team consistently sucks) and as many CB's and DL prospects as I've pimped here over the years I pray to gawd we don't take him.

There is no ability, at all, to elevate his play in big games. He's got talent but over and over and over again has displayed an inability to ever progress to that true leadership role...

:clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385041)

No. EJ Manuel is a broke, homeless, dying man's Adrian McPhearson.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...RFqXBjx5L_vdDQ

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

I guarantee you that if we had traded into the #2 spot last year for RG3....there would have been a section of our fan base screaming to take Matt Kalil or Trent Richardson. This fan base is so ****ing scared to take a QB....especially a black one....that it's ****ing pathetic.

HolyHat 02-07-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9385136)
No. EJ Manuel is a broke, homeless, dying man's Adrian McPhearson.

If that

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385140)
This fan base is so ****ing scared to take a QB....especially a black one....that it's ****ing pathetic.

Lets beef up that Oline and draft a RB. Get back to the glory years of 1992!

The Franchise 02-07-2013 01:31 PM

Seriously.....you know how I know this fan base is borderline racist?

They'd rather wait and draft Manziel. The kid isn't going to amount to shit in the NFL....but he's white and won the Heisman.

the Talking Can 02-07-2013 01:33 PM

watched him very little

but i sense a consensus in this thread...lol

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9385136)

No. EJ Manuel is a broke, homeless, dying man.

There, that should fix it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-07-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385160)
Seriously.....you know how I know this fan base is borderline racist?

They'd rather wait and draft Manziel. The kid isn't going to amount to shit in the NFL....but he's white,has a great arm, is accurate and makes great decisions and won the Heisman as a FRESHMAN.

Not Racist !

DJ's left nut 02-07-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9385192)
[/B]

Not Racist !

Manziel does not have a great arm and doesn't always make good decisions.

He had an unbelievable year, but he's going to come back to earth this season in a big way, IMO.

Strongside 02-07-2013 02:35 PM

I don't like to wish my life away, but I can't wait until this ****ing draft is over with so that I don't have to read take upon take from dumbasses who think they have inside information.

siberian khatru 02-07-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9385133)
ROFL

kane198t:
I've said it in a few other posts, and I will say it again here. Any team that looks to draft a "franchise QB", needs to make sure they have an O line that is in place and they need to have weapons for the QB to get the ball to. If KC drafts Smith, they better have gotten a true no. 2 WR, and they need help on the O line. they DO need help, regardless of what some of their fans are saying. When you have the number 1 pick, you MUST make the safe pick or trade down, do not use that pick on a Boom or Bust, or Risk factor type of player.

I hope he gets killed in a car wreck driving home tonight.

Skyy God 02-07-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9385068)
When I say "poor man" I mean half dead under a bridge poor...

The proper term is homeless man's [x].

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9385350)
I hope he gets killed in a car wreck driving home tonight.

"We must have a Pro-Bowler at every position on offense and defense. Only then can we even think about selecting a QB."

AussieChiefsFan 02-07-2013 03:27 PM

Heh

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-07-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9385245)
Manziel does not have a great arm and doesn't always make good decisions.

He had an unbelievable year, but he's going to come back to earth this season in a big way, IMO.

Heh, Now that he's got a season under his belt he will be able to cut loose and now that Joekel guy won't be in his way.

Sorter 02-07-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9385513)
Heh, Now that he's got a season under his belt he will be able to cut loose and now that Joekel guy won't be in his way.

Just for kicks, I'm watching his snaps vs Bama and jesus, Joeckel is getting absolutely raped. I mean, Bama doesn't have an awesome 7-tech but Joeckel is getting his shit pushed in repeatedly by Hubbard? #42.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ykxRc-kSH74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 02-07-2013 03:58 PM

It's pretty easy to look like a good LT when the DEs you're facing have to worry about containment instead of just rushing the QB.

Sorter 02-07-2013 04:01 PM

Holy shit. Clay, please gif up 7:36. ROFL That is the next Ogden?

Sorter 02-07-2013 04:05 PM

Joeckel gets his hands raped by 42 doing his best Tamba impersonation at 8:45 as well.

fairladyZ 02-07-2013 04:25 PM

on NFL 32 just now talking to brain dawkins he said he expects andy to address the O-Line first and make our O-Line nasty and then work with cassel to get better and work on getting the ball out of cassel's hand sooner.

Bump 02-07-2013 04:28 PM

and **** ESPN

I watched them a bit and they talk about how Reid is gonna help Cassel because HE MADE THE PRO BOWL ONLY 2 YEARS AGO

they acting like Geno is gonna be a 2nd rounder, **** that. Wait for the combine. They'll see.

Bump 02-07-2013 04:28 PM

and drafting a tackle to replace an already good tackle DOESNT MAKE YOU ANY ****ING BETTER

evolve27 02-07-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9385595)
and **** ESPN

I watched them a bit and they talk about how Reid is gonna help Cassel because HE MADE THE PRO BOWL ONLY 2 YEARS AGO

they acting like Geno is gonna be a 2nd rounder, **** that. Wait for the combine. They'll see.

**** that Cassel

Red Beans 02-07-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9385588)
on NFL 32 just now talking to brain dawkins he said he expects andy to address the O-Line first and make our O-Line nasty and then work with cassel to get better and work on getting the ball out of cassel's hand sooner.

**** that noise. Dawkins has been huffing too much shoe polish. Jesus tap dancing Christ...

RealSNR 02-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Former players don't know shit about anything. This has been established.

Marcellus Wiley and Tedy Bruschi said a month ago that they liked the Andy Reid hire because he's a coach who can work with Matt Cassel and get him to play at a solid level.

Playing in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean you know about the NFL.

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

I am 100% on Andy working with Cassel to get the ball out of his hands sooner.

As in, right now.

Permanently.

Then he can work on getting Cassel out of the pocket. And the building.

And the state.

TEX 02-07-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9385597)
and drafting a tackle to replace an already good tackle DOESNT MAKE YOU ANY ****ING BETTER

It does if the move the "good" (more like adequate) LT to G, where he might REALLY be something. Then whoever we get at QB will benefit especially said Franchise QB.

Sorter 02-07-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9385611)
I am 100% on Andy working with Cassel to get the ball out of his hands sooner.

As in, right now.

Permanently.

Then he can work on getting Cassel out of the pocket. And the building.

And the state.

Easy 6 02-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Just goes to show that being a former player doesnt mean they know jack squat about a given team.

If he knew anything about KC, he'd know that the line really doesnt HAVE to change much if at all, it really only HAS to have competition and depth... and of course, for him to still be talking about Cassel? he clearly needs to go get a brain scan, because he's got damage.

Sorter 02-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9385614)
It does if the move the "good" (more like adequate) LT to G, where he might REALLY be something. Then whoever we get at QB will benefit especially said Franchise QB.

Why don't you watch Joeckel play against Bama.

He is a legitimate downgrade from Albert.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 04:41 PM

Until Cassel is cut......all people will talk about is Andy working with Cassel. They won't mock us a QB until he's gone either.

NJChiefsFan 02-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385126)
By the time the draft rolls around......a QB will be talked about as a lock to go #1 and Joeckel won't be the #1 rated OT.

When the college season had ended some were thinking about Teo, even if it was just Kiper and some true fans. That is all gone, and it isn't due to the scandal. True fans don't hold on to shit, they follow the wind. I have fallen into the trap now and then, but really we shouldn't be freaking out about any kind of stuff until the combine.

TEX 02-07-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9385621)
Why don't you watch Joeckel play against Bama.

He is a legitimate downgrade from Albert.

I did. You might be correct BUT wonder how he would be in a year or two? I bet he would be better across the board at LT than Albert was / is now if put against the same developmental time span. Just my take...

suds79 02-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Meh you're missing one thing though. Guards are largely unimportant.

If they were, teams wouldn't routinely fill them with mid round selections in the draft every year.

Red Dawg 02-07-2013 05:01 PM

Why is Matt still on the roster? Seriously, WHY IS MATT STILL ON THE ROSTER!

The Franchise 02-07-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

He's not moving to ****ing OG.....he already said it.

People can now shut the **** up about moving Albert to guard. It's not happening.

ModSocks 02-07-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385539)
It's pretty easy to look like a good LT when the DEs you're facing have to worry about containment instead of just rushing the QB.

That's a very good point and one that will likely be overlooked.

Sorter 02-07-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9385679)
I did. You might be correct BUT wonder how he would be in a year or two? I bet he would be better across the board at LT than Albert was / is now if put against the same developmental time span. Just my take...

I bet he'll never be as remotely as good as Ryan Kalil.

I'll be surprised if he ends up becoming as good of a pass blocker as Albert is now.

TEX 02-07-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9385695)
I bet he'll never be as remotely as good as Ryan Kalil.

I'll be surprised if he ends up becoming as good of a pass blocker as Albert is now.

As good a pass blocker as Albert is now? I'm betting that you're gonna be surprised then. We'll re-vist this in a couple years.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-07-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9385052)
Jake Long/Chad Henne

I am going to be sick

Sorter 02-07-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9385702)
As good a pass blocker as Albert is now? I'm betting that you're gonna be surprised then. We'll re-vist this in a couple years.

I guess so.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Albert gave up 1 sack this year. ONE.

Sorter 02-07-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385708)
Albert gave up 1 sack this year. ONE.

Shhh...let him live in fantasy land where Joeckel becomes the king of tackles. Ogden 2.0 baby!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 02-07-2013 05:15 PM

Words can't describe how bad of a pick Jekyll would be.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9385719)
Words can't describe how bad of a pick Jekyll would be.

It would be a waste of 3 draft picks.

1. The first overall pick.
2. Last year's 3rd rounder. (Donald Stephenson)
3. 2008's 1st rounder. (Branden Albert)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-07-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385723)
It would be a waste of 3 draft picks.

1. The first overall pick.
2. Last year's 3rd rounder. (Donald Stephenson)
3. 2008's 1st rounder. (Branden Albert)

*shudder*

Sorter 02-07-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9385728)
*shudder*

*pukes*

*wipes mouth, see's Pests post and pukes again*

The Franchise 02-07-2013 05:23 PM

It's beyond ****ing stupid that we even have to talk about drafting a LT at #1 overall.

EVEN if you are of the belief that Albert isn't worth the new contract. We've got Stephenson....who was at least average in limited playing time last season. Give him an entire offseason and season to see if he has it. If he doesn't.....draft a LT next year.

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9385679)

Quote:

http://troll.me/images/full-reerun/y...ull-reerun.jpg

RealSNR 02-07-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Turn your rep on, buddy. I want to give you a secret message.

Sorter 02-07-2013 06:16 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9385804)

RealSNR 02-07-2013 06:19 PM

I'll even give you a hint.

(It's rape!)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-07-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9385804)

Jeez. That post you quoted makes me want to jump off my roof into a vat of AIDS acid.

BlackHelicopters 02-07-2013 06:39 PM

How far away is the draft?