ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Man Fires 50 Shots at CA Mall, no one hurt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267701)

tk13 12-15-2012 10:54 PM

Man Fires 50 Shots at CA Mall, no one hurt

Another crazy day at a mall.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...50-rounds.html

Quote:

More than 50 rounds fired in Fashion Island shooting, police say
December 15, 2012 | 6:59 pm

A gunman at Fashion Island in Newport Beach apparently fired more than 50 rounds in a parking lot at the busy shopping mall before he was apprehended by police, authorities said Saturday.

The 42-year-old male was arrested in the parking lot near the Macy’s department store shortly after firing the shots about 4:30 p.m., said Kathy Lowe, a spokeswoman for the Newport Beach Police Department. Officers on bike patrol apprehended the man.

Police searched the mall but did not find anyone who had been struck by the gunfire. The shots were apparently fired either in the air or at the ground.

More than 50 rounds were recovered at the scene, said Deputy Chief David McGill. A handgun was recovered at the scene, but police did not reveal any more details about the weapon.

The mall was crowded with holiday shoppers at the time of the shooting.

Shopper Dena Nassef said she and another person were walking toward Macy’s when people started yelling and running.

“With what happened in Connecticut, we were freaking out,” she said. “It was like crazy, people leaving stores.”

Ann Butcher, an employee at Macy’s, said she was on the patio at Whole Foods when people started running and screaming. She said some women left their purses and fled.

“That was very scary,” she said.

Shopper Eric Widmer said he was at the Barnes & Noble bookstore when he saw a mother and daughter rush in crying. He said he heard someone scream, “Shooter!”

He said he managed to exit the bookstore and head to Macy’s, which he could not leave.

“I thought, ‘Great, I get to be scared twice,’” he said. “Lightning strikes twice.”

Hammock Parties 12-15-2012 10:55 PM

What the tuck is going on. Seriously. This is weird and creepy.

Bugeater 12-15-2012 10:56 PM

I blame video games.

Hammock Parties 12-15-2012 10:56 PM

OBAMA PLANTING SHOOTERS EVERYWHERE

GUNS WILL BE OUTLAWED SOON

Hammock Parties 12-15-2012 10:57 PM

I bet he was trying to make a point by not killing anyone.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

TAKE THAT OBAMA

Barret 12-15-2012 10:59 PM

Silly question, could it be people are freaked out about this whole December 21st Mayan BS and they figure if they are going to die anyway then they want to release their pent up issues on everyone and make a statement before they can't make a statement anymore?

I don't believe in the December 21st thing....I am just saying if someone is mentally unstable to begin with, throw the end of the world on the fire of insanity and watch it light up a lot.

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

The first thing we need to do is make sure all the folks in that parking lot are disarmed. Then, we can get to solving the problem of the crazy shooter. But first things first.

AussieChiefsFan 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

wow another one.

Bowser 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

Oh come on with this shit.

petegz28 12-15-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9211678)
I bet he was trying to make a point by not killing anyone.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

TAKE THAT OBAMA

:thumb:

BigRedChief 12-15-2012 11:02 PM

WTF? Does every crazy MOFO get to take a gun and **** with innocents?

Easy 6 12-15-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9211677)
OBAMA PLANTING SHOOTERS EVERYWHERE

LMAO

Bowser 12-15-2012 11:05 PM

50 Shots of Blanks

Chiefshrink 12-15-2012 11:06 PM

All these crazies want their 15 minutes of fame and the sad part is that there are thousands more out there that do as well and a media that is more than complicit to give them their fame.:shake:

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9211694)
All these crazies want their 15 minutes of fame and the sad part is that there are thousands more out there that do as well and a media that is more than complicit to give them their fame.:shake:

Exactly. Years ago, sports programming made the decision to NOT SHOW STREAKERS or anyone interrupting the field of play. The same needs to start happening with these crazed killers.