ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK / BUBBLE WATCH THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242398)

KC_Connection 03-12-2011 04:13 PM

SDSU is the better team without BYU having the benefit of Davies.

Buck 03-12-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7485579)
Who do you think will win?

Tough call. They don't have Davies and we won't let Jimmer score 80 like he did last night. Depends on if Abouo, Hartsock, and Emery are just draining jumpers like they did last time. To beat SDSU you have to shoot at least high 50s even 60%.

I like SDSU's chances, but I honestly don't know.

DaKCMan AP 03-12-2011 04:38 PM

Kentucky vs. Florida tomorrow at 1PM EST on ABC for the SEC Championship.

Mr. Laz 03-12-2011 04:58 PM

princeton just won with a buzzer beater .... huge dogpile and fans stormed court.

somebody is getting smashed all to hell at the bottom of that pile of humanity ROFL

KC_Connection 03-12-2011 04:59 PM

Crazy ending.

WilliamTheIrish 03-12-2011 05:00 PM

That was outstanding.

alnorth 03-12-2011 05:06 PM

I think Harvard has a case, they are not a great team but they look about as shakey as a lot of the other questionable barely in/out teams on the bubble.

On the one hand, their RPI looks good. On the other hand, they recently played 2 of the very worst teams in the country twice each and of those 4 games there was only one blowout. The other 3 were single-digit wins.

If you are an ivy league team wanting an invite, you'd better at least blow out the bad teams on your schedule. So, I won't feel too sorry for them if they don't make it, but some of the teams who would take their place don't look much better to me.

|Zach| 03-12-2011 05:07 PM

Thought it would be cool for a team to go who hasn't been since the dawn of time.

KC_Connection 03-12-2011 05:09 PM

Don't think Harvard has enough quality wins to get in.

alnorth 03-12-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7485720)

probably, yep. They have 3 mildly nice wins, 1 questionable loss, and thats it. The rest of the schedule is blah.

Quickly scanning the bubble teams people are mentioning, I think Harvard would have a gripe if Alabama got in over them (its nice that they beat Kentucky a while back, but the crimson tide just shouldn't get in. Their schedule wasn't all that hard, and they would completely destroy the record for worst RPI to make it in) but thats about it, most of the other bubble teams have a slightly better resume.

WilliamTheIrish 03-12-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7485720)

Lots of sentimentality though. I don't expect them to get a bid, but I don't think the committee will easily discount a great sentimental story.

alnorth 03-12-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7485741)
Lots of sentimentality though. I don't expect them to get a bid, but I don't think the committee will easily discount a great sentimental story.

crazier things have happened. Didn't some air force team many years back that had no business getting in get inexplicably picked? Not the air force teams that were recently good, but some other air force team that people universally scratched their heads about.

It might take something like that. A low-30 RPI is good, but we usually see a low-30 team get left out about once a year. (though not last year, everyone was picked up to #40, I think)

edit: looked it up, the 2004 Air Force team was an 11-seed and probably got one of the last bids in that tournament. Although they had over 20 wins, they had a pretty bad RPI. Not sure if they had any good wins, but they lost to north carolina in the first round.

alnorth 03-12-2011 06:06 PM

Lunardi now has Harvard out in his "next 4 out", but he also said he thinks the committee will give them a very hard look. They will probably be in or out depending on the sentimental value of letting a school in that has been out since 1946.

Buck 03-12-2011 06:10 PM

If anyone finds a stream for the BYU/SDSU game my buddy is stuck at work and he'd like to watch.

Discuss Thrower 03-12-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7485852)
Lunardi now has Harvard out in his "next 4 out", but he also said he thinks the committee will give them a very hard look. They will probably be in or out depending on the sentimental value of letting a school in that has been out since 1946.

Missouri State must be one of the most hated schools evar.