ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I've found this week's Leothedog... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149135)

TinyEvel 10-05-2006 05:33 PM

I've found this week's Leothedog...

..over on the Cards forum at Arizonasportsfans.com.

I was surprised by the lack of Cardinal trolls so far this week, so I had to do some sniffing around on their boards to see what's going on. Apparently their O-line is made of swiss cheese. Make that melted swiss cheese. Even Coach Green thinks so.

So on to this week's Leo (read: opponent Homer)

There's a user named Card Trader exchanging posts with "HailGunther" Here's his answer to a prediciton of a Cheifs win:

[quote]
I'm sure you do, and I don't blame you.

However, we are both 1 win teams, both starting backup QBs, both have many questions on offense.(You guys are middle of the road in rushing and poor in passing). Your defense has been very good so far, but really haven't faced receivers like boldin and Fitz, I know you are high on your corners, but they just haven't been tested like they will this week.

The 12th man should be a factor this week since Leinart is starting, and we usually get behind our defense real well anyhow.

I went to a Cheifs board and just about everyone is predicting a 35-3 or similar score. I hope the Cheifs are looking forward to next week and overlooking us.....as matter of fact, I'm banking on it.
[endquote]

Translation: "I like our chances"
:LOL:

Hootie 10-05-2006 05:35 PM

Dude, that wasn't a terrible post by any means.

We are both starting backup QB's...LJ is only averaging 4 YPC...our defense has been good so far, but we haven't faced WR's like Fitz and Boldin...

That's all true. Also, everyone is predicting a Chiefs blowout. True again.

This guy nailed everything on the head. Let's just hope we don't overlook the Cardinals like he suggested.

Tactical Funky 10-05-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie

We are both starting backup QB's...LJ is only averaging 4 YPC...our defense has been good so far, but we haven't faced WR's like Fitz and Boldin...

This guy nailed everything on the head. Let's just hope we don't overlook the Cardinals like he suggested.

I agree; let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. ;)

TinyEvel 10-05-2006 05:43 PM

You guys are wrong. We're UNSTOPPABLE!

Okay, I guess you're right. The point is, most of the rest of the fans predict Cards are going to lose, though by a slim margin.

I do like Huard over Leinart, for the fact that Huard has been in the system longer and proved he can move the ball last week. I don't see AZs D being any better than what SF brought. Let's hope Black stands up again.

I guess their receivers are good (ranked 11th and 17th in yds) but I think our pass rush is going to upset the hizell out of their O backfield.

Hootie 10-05-2006 05:44 PM

I agree. Huard is better than any rookie QB in the NFL, easily. Sure, I'd take Leinart over Huard any day because of potential...but if I had to choose one QB to start for the Chiefs THIS Sunday...I'd choose Huard because of experience alone. The guy makes good decisions...

Hootie 10-05-2006 05:45 PM

And Edge is going to have a SHITTY day...I know that for sure. Because of that, our defense will thrive. We're seeing something this year we haven't seen in a long, long time...3 and outs. It's beautiful. I expect to see a lot of them on Sunday, as well...

Crashride 10-05-2006 06:12 PM

But weve got Scanlon

Rain Man 10-05-2006 06:21 PM

Arizona has a 12th man? Are they piping in crowd noise from Seattle or something?

Smed1065 10-05-2006 06:26 PM

I am a little worried because it takes consistency and back to back wins in the NFL.
I am impressed so far but I need proof, that will actually come the following week. IMO

Smed1065 10-05-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Arizona has a 12th man? Are they piping in crowd noise from Seattle or something?

The NFL was so happy they got rid of the jake and needed to make AZ competitve, they made a provision to let AZ have an extra player on the field.

I assume you noticed how much it has helped them so far?

LMAO

rad 10-05-2006 07:06 PM

Should I start our Defense this week on my fantasy team?

Or should I take the guaranteed 11 pts. average for Seattle's D?(we can do that in my league)

Bob Dole 10-05-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man

That many people golf clapping makes for a really loud noise.

noa 10-05-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie

Not everyone is predicting a Chiefs blowout. Just look at Peter King.

Larry Johnson has been averaging 98 yards a game. Edgerrin James is averaging 68 yards a game. That doesn't make for a good comparison of our running games.

As for our defense, its true we haven't faced Boldin and Fitz, but we have faced Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Rod Smith, Javon Walker, and Antonio Bryant. Other than Chad Johnson, the rest of the guys are a tier below Fitz and Boldin, but they aren't anything to sneeze at.

As for the QB comparison, we are playing our backup quarterback, but he has experience in the league. I'm not saying Huard is better than Matt Leinart by any means, but the odds of Leinart playing well in his first game as a starter are lower than the odds of a veteran backup familiar with the offense succeeding in this game.

I also don't think the Chiefs are overlooking the Cardinals. When you're 1-2, you can't really afford to overlook anyone.

Basically, I don't think this guy nailed it on the head by any means.