ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Flacco - Franchise QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268815)

RunKC 01-12-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311705)
I think Flacco is continuing to develop, but there's no way in hell I'm trading that pick for him.

As time passes, I fully expect for Kaepernick, and Russel Wilson to surpass him in the QB ranks, not to mention Luck and RGIII.

The #1 overall should be dedicated to a dynamic playmaker, and Flacco will never be that.

I would trade the first overall pick for him. He has a very strong arm and is nails on the road. The guy just doesn't break.

He put Baltimore in the position to be in the SB last year. He outplayed Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. He's absolutely a guy to build around.

I think he's just starting to reach his ceiling this year too. Would not be surprised to see him lead that team to the SB.

Chiefs=Champions 01-12-2013 09:34 PM

I honestly think he has had several large obstacles to overcome. A team which has always valued defense, conservative coaching and bad play calling. He is a franchise qb, maybe just not an elite one...

ChiefsCountry 01-12-2013 09:35 PM

He turns 28 this week. Its the age you start winning championships.

milkman 01-12-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9311783)
I would trade the first overall pick for him. He has a very strong arm and is nails on the road. The guy just doesn't break.

He put Baltimore in the position to be in the SB last year. He outplayed Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. He's absolutely a guy to build around.

I think he's just starting to reach his ceiling this year too. Would not be surprised to see him lead that team to the SB.

Let em ask you this.

Would you rather build a team around Joe Flacco or Colin Kaepernick?

Easy 6 01-12-2013 09:39 PM

I'm still going to say NO, that doesnt diminish a gutty road performance but i still wouldnt want him leading my future.

He did have a killer road game, but i need to see MUCH more before i fall in love with this big pocket passer.

The bomb that kept them in it never would've happened if that safety had been playing ball, Joe got it there, sure... but if not for the egregious error, the ravens go home angry.

He swayed me a bit, but not enough yet.

ChiefsCountry 01-12-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311812)
Let em ask you this.

Me I would rather build around Flacco. Kapernick's running ability will eventually go away espeically after the NFL coordinators have more tape on him.

RunKC 01-12-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Let em ask you this.

Depends on how Kaepernick plays the rest of the game tonight and next week if they make it.

Flacco has shown he can get his team to the SB. He's also outplayed Manning AND Brady on the road. Idk what else you could ask for from a QB in our conference?

Red And Yellow 01-12-2013 09:41 PM

I like anyone who can throw the ball longer then 10 yards, he's damn good at the long ball

RJ 01-12-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9311573)
Flacco is very good, but not great. He threw some deep balls today that had no right being caught. Today was more about horrible pass D than Flacco being a franchise QB.

If Flacco can go on the road and beat the Patriots or Texans, and be one of the major factors, maybe I'll change my mind.

Agree on the not great, but those balls never get caught without the arm to get them there.

SAUTO 01-12-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9311840)
Depends on how Kaepernick plays the rest of the game tonight and next week if they make it.

Flacco has shown he can get his team to the SB. He's also outplayed Manning AND Brady on the road. Idk what else you could ask for from a QB in our conference?

He hasn't shown he can team his team to a super bowl. They lost and didn't get there
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 01-12-2013 09:57 PM

Pretty clear Kaepernick is establishing himself as a top tier QB right before our eyes. I'd take him over nearly anyone at this point.

CoMoChief 01-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Let em ask you this.

Kaepernick and it's not even close. You take the dual threat guy...and CK is probably the better overall QB anyways and is only going to get better.

RJ 01-12-2013 10:10 PM

I'm a Flacco fan but would take Kaepernick given that choice. For sure.

Setsuna 01-12-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9311708)
I'd trade out #1 for him.

Butthurt that your boy Wilson isn't going #1 overall even if all the QBs in the draft decided not to go in the draft? It's ok. He'll end up in Buffalo freezing his butt off and failing.

FloridaMan88 01-12-2013 10:41 PM

Based on past QB's with similar style of play as Kaepernick, he doesn't have a long shelf life in the NFL.

Flacco on the other hand hasn't missed a start in 5 seasons and can play at a high level for another 10 years.

I'll take Flacco.