ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mortensen giving the chiefs some LOVE. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262253)

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-10-2012 04:00 PM

Mortensen giving the chiefs some LOVE.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

On #Chiefs: Buzz about Jon Baldwin's significant improvement; Jamaal Charles healthy w Peyton Hillis; Bowe arrival?; KC will be handful

HoneyBadger 08-10-2012 04:03 PM

Like.

Mr. Laz 08-10-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 8806416)

SEC thug

loochy 08-10-2012 04:16 PM

So does this mean that one of those guys listed can play QB?

noa 08-10-2012 04:18 PM

Nice tweet would read again
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 08-10-2012 04:19 PM

tl;dr

TEX 08-10-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8806411)
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

On #Chiefs: Buzz about Jon Baldwin's significant improvement; Jamaal Charles healthy w Peyton Hillis; Bowe arrival?; KC will be handful

Get a real QB and LOOK OUT! Until then, they're not going anywhere.

Just Passin' By 08-10-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8806524)
Get a real QB and LOOK OUT! Until then, they're not going anywhere.

For ****'s sake. You people.

The Jets recently got to the AFCCG twice with a steaming pile of dogshit as the QB. I don't think the Chiefs are a Super Bowl team this year or anything like that, but it's not all because of the quarterback.

Marcellus 08-10-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Not Gettin' It (Post 8806530)

The Jets recently got to the AFCCG twice with a steaming pile of dogshit as the QB. I don't think the Chiefs are a Super Bowl team this year or anything like that, but it's not all because of the quarterback.

Dude, people here think Sanchez is a good QB because everything is based off playoff wins. They forget he cost them any chance of the plyoffs last year pretty much single handidly. They forget he threw INT after INT late in games only to have his defense bail him out time and time again so he could have a chance at a game winning FG drive.

Dilfer is a HOF QB by those standards but hey, whatever.

BigMeatballDave 08-10-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Yes, it is.

DaFace 08-10-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Thank you, sir.

Just Passin' By 08-10-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8806537)
Dude, people here think Sanchez is a good QB because everything is based off playoff wins. They forget he cost them any chance of the plyoffs last year pretty much single handidly. They forget he threw INT after INT late in games only to have his defense bail him out time and time again so he could have a chance at a game winning FG drive.

Dilfer is a HOF QB by those standards but hey, whatever.

Yep.... Sanchez has been a bottom tier QB for his entire 3 year career, but he's gone to the AFCCG twice. The import of that seems to escape people here, though.

TEX 08-10-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

It sure is when you reach a certain talent level. The Chiefs are there. The QB will hold the team back.

That Jets team had an AWESOME defense, that almost got them there. Curious, who did the Jets lose to each year and did those teams have a great QB?

DaFace 08-10-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8806560)
It sure is when you reach a certain talent level. The Chiefs are there. The QB will hold the team back.

Obviously. But it's frustrating as hell that you can't have a single conversation around here anymore with someone stating the obvious like it hasn't been mentioned fifty thousand times.

Will Cassel hold us back? Sure. But could we have a successful season with him? It's possible. So shut the **** up about it already.

(And I do realize that you're only one of a thousand people this post could be directed toward.)

TEX 08-10-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Not Gettin' It (Post 8806554)
Yep.... Sanchez has been a bottom tier QB for his entire 3 year career, but he's gone to the AFCCG twice. The import of that seems to escape people here, though.

Sanchez had far less to do with it. The Defense was $hit last year. How did Sanchez and the Jets do? Bet they would have done much better if Sanchez was a real QB.

In58men 08-10-2012 05:03 PM

Is it gay that I pinned his tweet on Pinterest?

TEX 08-10-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8806566)
Obviously. But it's frustrating as hell that you can't have a single conversation around here anymore with someone stating the obvious like it hasn't been mentioned fifty thousand times.

Will Cassel hold us back? Sure. But could we have a successful season with him? It's possible. So shut the **** up about it already.

(And I do realize that you're only one of a thousand people this post could be directed toward.)

Even more frustraiting as hell that folks here, like yourself, always resort to cursing to get their point across. Funny thing is they're usually wrong, so I guess the cusring helps...

DaFace 08-10-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8806571)
Even more frustraiting as hell that folks here, like yourself, always resort to cursing to get their point across. Funny thing is they're usually wrong, so I guess the cusring helps...

ROFL Are you serious?

BigMeatballDave 08-10-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

vailpass 08-10-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Who's this asshole?

SPchief 08-10-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Are you ****ing kidding? You really think DaFace resorts to ****ing cursing to get his mother ****ing point across? You really are a ****ing idiot

Ming the Merciless 08-10-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

**** the **** off you ****ing pile of dog shit laden with jizz from a gang bang of hairy hungarian men who have raped you in the face just now and spit all the jizz all over you while they continue to **** you in the mouth and face, mother****er

Deberg_1990 08-10-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Fo realz yo.

I remember back on Chiefsplanet in 95-96. The Anti Bono peeps would not shut up. So annyoying....That was the first time I had to leave CP forever......

Baby Lee 08-10-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

What's that old joke about "but hey! take ONE dick on your ass, and it's 'homo this' and 'homo that' and 'homo homo homo.'"

Tribal Warfare 08-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8806597)
Fo realz yo.

I remember back on Chiefsplanet in 95-96. The Anti Bono peeps would not shut up. So annyoying....That was the first time I had to leave CP forever......

yeah man, way back when AustinChief created the interwebz

vailpass 08-10-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8806599)
What's that old joke about "but hey! take ONE dick on your ass, and it's 'homo this' and 'homo that' and 'homo homo homo.'"

I've driven a thousand nails and nobody calls me a carpenter.
But you **** ONE goat.....

Mugalug 08-10-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8806456)
tl;dr

;)

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

You must be new here lol;). Hey, it's ChiefsPlanet. This site has been the same since I joined in 2001. There are more douches now though that aren't so much here for the Chiefs but to be idiots.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2012 05:40 PM

Doesn't take much to realize the team is loaded. Hell he didn't even mention the studs on D.

JoeyChuckles 08-10-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 8806450)
Nice tweet would read again
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, I don't know you. I don't like change.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8806658)
Doesn't take much to realize the team is loaded. Hell he didn't even mention the studs on D.

:D

In58men 08-10-2012 10:21 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-dde0-6d89.jpg

In58men 08-10-2012 10:51 PM

Like that we're getting some love

mdchiefsfan 08-10-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Wiz (Post 8806670)
Hey, I don't know you. I don't like change.

LMAO

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 11:00 PM

It's pretty simple. KC missed the playoffs by one game last season. After losing Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and yes even Cassel. People hate him here, but that was a huge loss. He was replaced by Palko.

All those guys are back now. Healthy and ready to kick ass. I'm excited for this season. This team might not win it all, but I'll bet they'll be pretty ****in' good.

lcarus 08-10-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8808655)
Like that we're getting some love

I wanted to start a thread a while back that contained everything the national media said to make fun of the Kansas City Chiefs.

For instance, I was listening to Colin Cowherd on his radio show a week or so ago. He was interviewing someone and they were talking about how they were talking about the Jets training camp way too much. Colin said "Well that's what people wanna hear. We can't talk about some other teams. Tomorrow we'll be at Chiefs camp har har har". Asshole.

Then the other day I was watching some of Pardon The Interruption. Before they went to a commercial break they said "Could the Chiefs be a sleeper in the AFC?!?!" So I waited through the entire commercial break to see what they had to say. THey were doing their "rundown" or whatever and when they got to the Chiefs Tony asked "Could the Chiefs be a sleeper in the AFC?". Michael Wilbon just said "No" and they moved on. Assholes.

aturnis 08-10-2012 11:02 PM

One thing I'll admit is that it seems like maybe Haley held back Romeo from game planning the way he wanted to.

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8808675)
I wanted to start a thread a while back that contained everything the national media said to make fun of the Kansas City Chiefs.

For instance, I was listening to Colin Cowherd on his radio show a week or so ago. He was interviewing someone and they were talking about how they were talking about the Jets training camp way too much. Colin said "Well that's what people wanna hear. We can't talk about some other teams. Tomorrow we'll be at Chiefs camp har har har". Asshole.

Then the other day I was watching some of Pardon The Interruption. Before they went to a commercial break they said "Could the Chiefs be a sleeper in the AFC?!?!" So I waited through the entire commercial break to see what they had to say. THey were doing their "rundown" or whatever and when they got to the Chiefs Tony asked "Could the Chiefs be a sleeper in the AFC?". Michael Wilbon just said "No" and they moved on. Assholes.

Just makes it better when they win it and spoil the Manning party.

Bump 08-10-2012 11:04 PM

so did Baldwin get in the game? he didn't even get a target according to the box score

aturnis 08-10-2012 11:05 PM

He did get a target I believe, but good coverage and couldn't haul it in.

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8808685)
He did get a target I believe, but good coverage and couldn't haul it in.

It was a bad pass from Cassel. His only incompletion of the night.

CHENZ A! 08-10-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8808681)
so did Baldwin get in the game? he didn't even get a target according to the box score

Cassel tried to hit him one time in triple coverage. Overall, I though Cassel played alright for the limited time he was in there, but that one was a poor decision.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8808677)
One thing I'll admit is that it seems like maybe Haley held back Romeo from game planning the way he wanted to.

Here is what I am taking away from the Haley days; he was scared. The team played soft and scared. I don't know how many times during the last 3 years I said that. They played scared. He was scared to make a mistake, he was scared to lose, he was scared to take chances except some ill-advised onsides kicks. Yeah, yeah, he went for it on 4th down a lot but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the context of things. Under Haley we threw the ball sideways a shit-ton and tonight we didn't have one sideways pass.

As the head goes, the body follows. If the HC is soft and scared the team will be soft and scared. That probably explains a lot about Haley's temper and such as well. He felt he needed to yell and scream and cuss at everyone. That's usually a sign of "little man syndrome", "I will make you respect me, I don't have to earn it, I'm the head coach, hear me roar!!!"

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8808696)
It was a bad pass from Cassel. His only incompletion of the night.

Actually that wasn't his only incompletion because there was a roughing the passer penalty. The one counted incompletion was on the botched play.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8808681)

He did, it was incomplete. Moeaki didn't get a look, Charles didn't play that much, Boss didn't get any love, Bowe didn't play...but yet we still played great and scored 14 points. That's how many weapons we have. It's glorious. It's gonna be an amazing year if we stay healthy and Cassel doesn't mess it up.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:13 PM

Haley: I was a golfer. I know Bill Parcells. My Dad was a coach for the Steelers. I am not afraid to cuss you out in public. LISTEN TO ME! LISTEN!!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!

Romeo: (raises his hand and shows his 5 super bowl rings)

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 11:16 PM

Also, we had 7 sacks tonight. One from Houston. None from Tamba. I know it's preseason and the second string and third string played a majority of the game but wow. Keep it up.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8808717)
Also, we had 7 sacks tonight. One from Houston. None from Tamba. I know it's preseason and the second string and third string played a majority of the game but wow. Keep it up.

In 2008 we had 10 sacks all season.

Unsmooth-Moment 08-10-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808719)
In 2008 we had 10 sacks all season.

I had forgotten about that. That is crazy!

In58men 08-11-2012 12:05 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-f624-5158.jpg

ChiefMojo 08-11-2012 07:23 AM

Pete Prisco has been a lot more down on the Chiefs than most (he is a Clay fav). It has been impressive to see how many of the media that were already jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon and after last night it will only get bigger.

CoMoChief 08-11-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 8809181)
Pete Prisco has been a lot more down on the Chiefs than most (he is a Clay fav). It has been impressive to see how many of the media that were already jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon and after last night it will only get bigger.

Prisco has always hated the Chiefs.

beach tribe 08-11-2012 09:41 AM

Anybody want to jump on my 11+ win wagon yet.
I'm all over it. This team is about to piss pound inferior teams.
11-5 son. And no, I'm not basing off of this one PS game. I've been saying it all along. This team is too solid to not hand out some beat downs.

ChiefRocka 08-11-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8809330)
11-5 son. And no, I'm not basing off of this one PS game. I've been saying it all along. This team is too solid to not hand out some beat downs.

I'm going to stick with the 10-6 bandwagon with 2 big wins over the Donks. 4-2 in division games.

Rausch 08-11-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8809330)

I've thought 10-11 wins all along.

I think this schedule will be much easier than people think...

beach tribe 08-11-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 8809365)
I'm going to stick with the 10-6 bandwagon with 2 big wins over the Donks. 4-2 in division games.

Waiting for sub.500 crowd to respond

beach tribe 08-11-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8809373)
I've thought 10-11 wins all along.

I think this schedule will be much easier than people think...

I think we're going to be able to hang with any team in the league too.
If Charles is 100% of what he was in 2010, our Ground game is going to be down right sick.

notorious 08-11-2012 10:44 AM

I have a feeling that the AFC West is a lot better then the media is predicting.

O.city 08-11-2012 11:11 AM

I have a thought.

It was the first preseason game of the year. Lets not start making reservations yet.

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8809443)
I have a thought.

It was the first preseason game of the year. Lets not start making reservations yet.

Yeah, everyone is excited over trickery...

bricks 08-11-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8809443)
I have a thought.

That's a good approach.

Discuss Thrower 08-11-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8809394)
Waiting for sub.500 crowd to respond

Vegas predicts 8 wins. 7-9 is a very real possibility, and as good as KC looked last night, they were still playing the very broken Cardinals.

Ming the Merciless 08-11-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8809538)
Vegas predicts 8 wins. 7-9 is a very real possibility, and as good as KC looked last night, they were still playing the very broken Cardinals.

Absolutely...and all it would take for that 7-9 to get bumped to a 8-10 or even a 9-11 would be for the Broncos to under perform, and the Chargers to under perform...which to me seems pretty likely....but I guess we will see.

TLO 08-11-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8809503)
Yeah, everyone is excited over trickery...

You know what? I don't care if it's trickery. I am happy to be excited for my Chiefs for once in a long, long time.

Messier 08-11-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 8809548)
You know what? I don't care if it's trickery. I am happy to be excited for my Chiefs for once in a long, long time.

He's referencing another thread.

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 8809548)

LMAO

KChiefs1 08-11-2012 11:53 AM

Wasn't Alex Smith a steaming pile of dogshit until the 49ers put a team around him?

Rausch 08-11-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 8809558)
Wasn't Alex Smith a steaming pile of dogshit until the 49ers put a team around him?

I watched the 49'ers/Bengals game last year and he was ****ing horrible. Just lose your breath bad.

There were a number of games last year the team carried him...

mcaj22 08-11-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 8809558)

*until they put good coaching around him

they always had the good talent. That defense was always good, adding Aldon Smith was a bonus because they would pick high enough due to awful coaching/QB play

they have always had a good o-line, Vern Davis, Frank Gore, Pat Willis, Justin Smith, those guys have been there just as long as Alex Smith. They have always had awful coaching. Herm Edwards-like.

They are basically the NFC version of the Chiefs.

Rain Man 08-11-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8809543)
Absolutely...and all it would take for that 7-9 to get bumped to a 8-10 or even a 9-11 would be for the Broncos to under perform, and the Chargers to under perform...which to me seems pretty likely....but I guess we will see.

I don't think there's any chance that we'll go 9-11 this year, or even 8-10. No way.

SAUTO 08-11-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8809861)
I don't think there's any chance that we'll go 9-11 this year, or even 8-10. No way.

7-9 win division. 1-1 playoffs

8-10.

He is aiming high
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 08-11-2012 07:55 PM

6-10 Win division
Lose the super bowl
9-11
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 08-11-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8810387)
6-10 Win division
Lose the super bowl
9-11
Posted via Mobile Device

THAT would be awesome.

Discuss Thrower 08-11-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8809861)

6-10?

Akron's#1ChiefsFan 08-12-2012 10:10 AM

It's good to see that the Chiefs are getting a little love from SOME of the media, but I'm not expecting to hear much about them on ESPN or NFLN. In 2010, the team NEVER TRAILED in the standings for even one week, yet they were barely mentioned.

Hell, people were still talking about how the Chargers were still a shoe-in to win the West when they were 1-4 that year, at the same time we were 3-1. Then, once we were in the playoffs, everyone picked the Ravens to clobber us. We validated those predictions on the field, so nothing nothing changed nationally.

Expect more of the same, until this team wins a playoff game. Every time an opportunity for this team to take a step forward comes along, someone or everyone shrinks in the moment. I look for that to stop this season. 10-6 at worst, but I'm really expecting 11 wins and a division title followed by a playoff win.

Saleenman607 08-12-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akron's#1ChiefsFan (Post 8811286)
It's good to see that the Chiefs are getting a little love from SOME of the media, but I'm not expecting to hear much about them on ESPN or NFLN. In 2010, the team NEVER TRAILED in the standings for even one week, yet they were barely mentioned.

Hell, people were still talking about how the Chargers were still a shoe-in to win the West when they were 1-4 that year, at the same time we were 3-1. Then, once we were in the playoffs, everyone picked the Ravens to clobber us. We validated those predictions on the field, so nothing nothing changed nationally.

Expect more of the same, until this team wins a playoff game. Every time an opportunity for this team to take a step forward comes along, someone or everyone shrinks in the moment. I look for that to stop this season. 10-6 at worst, but I'm really expecting 11 wins and a division title followed by a playoff win.

I like's me this post....sounds about right

Simplicity 08-12-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8806560)

That Jets team had an AWESOME defense, that almost got them there. Curious, who did the Jets lose to each year and did those teams have a great QB?

Yeah just stfu. As bad as Cassel (supposably) is, he won't hold back the team.

TLO 08-12-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akron's#1ChiefsFan (Post 8811286)

Nice post! :clap:

Saleenman607 08-12-2012 10:47 AM

Phillips = drive killing pick

Palmer = inconsistency

Manning = rust

Cassel = Haley gone.

I think KC has as good a chance as anyone in the west.

milkman 08-12-2012 10:49 AM

This thread has become a n00b lovefest.