ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Gravedigger 05-12-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10625673)
I go to Lifetime in South OP. LOVE IT!

The indoor pool is great in the winter, the outside one is great in the summer. The locker rooms are what sets it apart from most places though. We occasionally shop around but being supplied with towels and not having to worry about a pad lock is a big plus. It's also super clean.

I went to Lifetime 3 years ago, got a trainer, learned a lot of valuable information that I do today to keep up with what I started. The problem with Lifetime has always been the monthly fee. You pay for what you get and it's all on you to go to the gym and utilize your money's worth. My fee got up to $65 a month at the end so I left and went to 24 hour fitness. Working out is working out, regardless of where you go you should be able to just lift and enjoy your workout. However I'll say it right now that I do miss Lifetime, the pool almost makes up for the cost by itself, and the jacuzzis after a workout.... makes me wanna sign up again. I'm going to wait for the Olathe Community Center to open up and see what they offer, but if it's full of kids like i think it'll be I may just go back to Lifetime.

luv 05-12-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10625823)
You guys need to step up your cereal game.

Pop Tarts?

Hammock Parties 05-12-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10625823)
You guys need to step up your cereal game.

i dunno man

not really a fan of count chocula and trix and all that shit

there's no texture in those cereals.

i ****ing LOVE cracklin' oat bran. i can eat a whole box in one sitting. it's like eating a bowl of oatmeal cookies.

KCUnited 05-12-2014 02:29 PM

I wanted to go with PB Capt Crunch but realize that I'd have to work my way up to that type of mouth feel with like a Cinnamon Toast Crunch or a Reese's Puffs or the Aldi equivalent. Crispix is my sleeper though so I can't really talk shit.

luv 05-12-2014 02:30 PM

Frosted Mini Shredded Wheat

Hammock Parties 05-12-2014 02:31 PM

frosted flakes!

god i ate like shit as kid...

ThaVirus 05-12-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10625702)
Your body doesn't know the difference.

Your body doesn't know the difference between high fructose corn syrup and the sugars you'd find in an orange or apple?

That's pretty crazy. Pretty much goes against everything I've been led to believe all my life.

NewChief 05-12-2014 02:35 PM

I could eat a half a box of Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles in one sitting as a teenager.

Now a bowl of Great Grains with some Almond Milk is like an indulgent late night splurge for me (note: I'm not claming that Great Grains is "healthy" cereal.)

penguinz 05-12-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10625850)
Your body doesn't know the difference between high fructose corn syrup and the sugars you'd find in an orange or apple?

That's pretty crazy. Pretty much goes against everything I've been led to believe all my life.

Sugar is sugar. The difference is how much sugar is in the food you are eating.

AndChiefs 05-12-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10625864)
Sugar is sugar. The difference is how much sugar is in the food you are eating.

Of course, cereal has a lot of other crap that the piece of fruit would not have so it's not just a sugar decision.

Silock 05-12-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10625910)
Of course, cereal has a lot of other crap that the piece of fruit would not have so it's not just a sugar decision.

Cereal also has a lot of vitamins and minerals you won't find in fruit.

AndChiefs 05-12-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10625934)
Cereal also has a lot of vitamins and minerals you won't find in fruit.

Well...depends on the cereal. :)

Silock 05-12-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10625850)

Nope. HFCS has about the same amount of glucose in it as fructose. Same with many fruits, like apples and oranges.

There's just a fundamental misunderstanding about HFCS, and it probably stems from part of the name -- the "High Fructose" part. That really doesn't mean jack shit. It leads people to assume that it's higher than other sugars, when it isn't. And it's "high fructose," but it's actually even with the amount of glucose. Table sugar has about the same ratio of fructose to glucose. It doesn't have any more calories than any other sugar -- 4 kcal per gram, just like all the other sugars and carbohydrates.

Silock 05-12-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10625945)
Well...depends on the cereal. :)

I have yet to find a cereal that isn't fortified with a substantial amount of vitamins and minerals. If I eat enough cereal, my piss turns neon highlighter yellow, just like it would if I took a multivitamin.

AndChiefs 05-12-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10625949)
I have yet to find a cereal that isn't fortified with a substantial amount of vitamins and minerals. If I eat enough cereal, my piss turns neon highlighter yellow, just like it would if I took a multivitamin.

That's true...it does generally have a bunch of vitamins fortified within it. Is it any better than just taking said multivitamin though?