ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Simply Red 03-22-2014 08:02 PM

I may be a nimrod - But I'm your little nimrod.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2014 08:04 PM

You're my boy blue.

Simply Red 03-22-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10509148)
It is only 2.5 grams and 35 calories per slice. I don't think it's too bad. It's pretty good.

Not sure why it's a scam?

overall it's a pretty decent list.

Simply Red 03-22-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10509071)
What do you eat for breakfast? Fruit?

I buy dried fruits from Trader Joes - A mixed fruit medley - which is dried blueberry, strawberry and cranberries. They also have dried pineapple rings which will make you poop like Mike.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10509168)
How they market these substances without putting them through the rigors of trials. The "research" cited isn't done independently and likely is done with certain end-point in mind, regardless of the actual results.

I wouldn't even think about taking a PROVEN hepatotoxic agent like methyltestosterone, so why would I pump myself with shit with unknown excretion mechanisms and safety profiles?

The safety profiles may never be known, honestly, because there's no financial incentive for the makers of these supplements to do the studies. People will buy them based on their outrageous claims, and the overworked FDA has no chance at regulating these things.

Some of the studies are a joke, especially overseas and like I mentioned there are some shady companies so I understand that.

There just isn't enough money in the supplement industry to do those long sustained trials and if you tried some other company is bringing it to the market without worrying about do them. I'm not sure how much good it would do though. They can't even conclusively determine if TRT is "safe". For ever study that says it isn't there is a study that says it is. And then is TRT worse than having Low T?

RunKC 03-22-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10509329)
I buy dried fruits from Trader Joes - A mixed fruit medley - which is dried blueberry, strawberry and cranberries. They also have dried pineapple rings which will make you poop like Mike.

This is a good idea.

How many times a week do you go to the gym?

Simply Red 03-22-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10509355)
This is a good idea.

How many times a week do you go to the gym?

6x but definitely listen to Silock or Lewdog - and several others first - I'm still fairly novice - no doubt.

RunKC 03-22-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10509361)
6x but definitely listen to Silock or Lewdog - and several others first - I'm still fairly novice - no doubt.

6x?? Good God man.

I have a hard time keeping motivation. It's as if I get bored at the gym after awhile.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10509368)
6x?? Good God man.

I have a hard time keeping motivation. It's as if I get bored at the gym after awhile.

Depends on what he is doing. If he is doing weights I think 3-4 days is plenty. No reason he can't go in for some cardio the other days though. 6 days of weights is too much since your body needs time to repair the torn fibers.

Simply Red 03-22-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10509368)
6x?? Good God man.

since my rehab they've been pretty light - seriously - like forty mins. My shoulder isn't 100% yet, at all.

RunKC 03-22-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10509374)
Depends on what he is doing. If he is doing weights I think 3-4 days is plenty. No reason he can't go in for some cardio the other days though.

This is true. I hate running on treadmills though. I am more of a runner than a lifter. I love running for some reason. Big stress reliever for me. It's like my personal time to get away from the world.

Cephalic Trauma 03-22-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10509340)
Some of the studies are a joke, especially overseas and like I mentioned there are some shady companies so I understand that.

There just isn't enough money in the supplement industry to do those long sustained trials and if you tried some other company is bringing it to the market without worrying about do them. I'm not sure how much good it would do though. They can't even conclusively determine if TRT is "safe". For ever study that says it isn't there is a study that says it is. And then is TRT worse than having Low T?

In some cases, yes. But we are very careful about how we treat older guys with TRT, and that's a clinical cost-benefit conversation that physicians have with their patients. All urologists know a **** ton more about that than I, though.

The idea behind methyl is that it is chemically altered at the 17 alkyl position to inhibit metabolism and allow it to be effective orally. The problem, however, is that 17-alkyl modification is extremely toxic to hepatocytes. We don't have this problem with the creams and depo preps because they are unaltered testosterone and testosterone esters that don't have the same modification. Thus, methyltestoterone is clinically useless.

However, back to the supplement industry, the money is probably there. The incentive, however, is not. That stems mainly from their average consumer not giving a ****.

Buehler445 03-22-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10509077)
Either an apple or scrambled eggs usually.

Grains last far longer than fruit. I worked all day the other day on a bowl of cereal in the morning. I got busy and didn't get lunch. If I eat an apple for breakfast, I can barely make it to lunch.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10509389)
Grains last far longer than fruit. I worked all day the other day on a bowl of cereal in the morning. I got busy and didn't get lunch. If I eat an apple for breakfast, I can barely make it to lunch.

I disagree, because there's plenty of fiber in an apple. Some of these cereals are just pure sugar and refined flour.

Buehler445 03-22-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10509396)
I disagree, because there's plenty of fiber in an apple. Some of these cereals are just pure sugar and refined flour.

Meh. I eat Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini Wheats.

But I stay full far longer on cereal than fruit.