ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football When you have a real balla-ass GM... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272716)

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 01:16 PM

When you have a real balla-ass GM...

Your fans pay tribute like this:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/2...ke-draft-ninja

Quote:

As the draft moved along, we had a bit of a running joke about Baalke as a "Draft Ninja". He was wheeling and dealing, moving up and down, and aggressively pursuing the players he wanted. In light of the draft ninja phrase, I figured it was time to get something photoshopped. The photo on the front page does not show the entire thing, so here it is. I'm tempted to make this the Niners Nation twitter avatar.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/25...nja_medium.jpg

Hoover 05-02-2013 01:18 PM

You have the ability to make all sorts of moves when you are loaded with picks and don't really have any big holes to fill in the draft.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 01:18 PM

Jealous.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/2...m-trent-dilfer

Quote:

I've been saying it for a couple years and people are starting to see it. Trent Baalke, the general manager, is the best general manager in football. And I don't know if second place is very close.

He has done an incredible job in a short amount of time building this team and stockpiling these picks. I mean, this trade, as many good things as I said about Alex, is stealing for the Niners. I cannot believe they got a set second and a conditional out of this. Especially since they most likely were going to cut him, and I know they came out and said they weren't going to. I think the end gain was that. So, I think the 49ers hit a home run on this one.

They are set up to be successful for not just next year and the year after that, but five, six, seven years. I really believe, and living here in the Bay Area and watching this team closely and knowing a lot of the guys, I really think you're going to see - I don't want to use the word ‘dynasty' - but a 49ers organization that for the next five to 10 years will consistently be making a run in the NFC to get to the Super Bowl.

Hoover 05-02-2013 01:20 PM

Someone traded for Matt Effin Flynn dumbass. They were never going to cut Smith.

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9652849)
Someone traded for Matt Effin Flynn dumbass. They were never going to cut Smith.

A 5th rounder in 2014 hardly the same

GoChargers 05-02-2013 01:29 PM

Baalke isn't the best GM, IMO, Ozzie Newsome is. But Balke is up there.

Ming the Merciless 05-02-2013 03:00 PM

I truly believe niners homers need to wait one more season before crowning Kapernick as some sort of dynasty QB. As we all know, they won't do shit in the playoffs without a top QB.

Lets see how Kap does when people have had a chance to properly prepare for him....(yes it might be difficult....but I think he just flat out surprised people last year)

I really won't be surprised if seattle wins the nfc west in 2013-14

J Diddy 05-02-2013 03:05 PM

You should go be a 49ers fan. That'd be great.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-02-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9653141)
I truly believe niners homers need to wait one more season before crowning Kapernick as some sort of dynasty QB. As we all know, they won't do shit in the playoffs without a top QB.

Lets see how Kap does when people have had a chance to properly prepare for him....(yes it might be difficult....but I think he just flat out surprised people last year)

I really won't be surprised if seattle wins the nfc west in 2013-14

I'm a Niner fan and this is what I have been saying about Kaep, people in the Bay Area are ridiculously creaming their pants over this guy and while I like him, I'm not ready to crown him a hall of famer after 10 games where a lot of his success came from what I consider a gimmick offense. I don't think the read option will last long term in the NFL and now that teams have some film on him and the Niners new look offense they're gonna have to adjust. He's got great physical tools and is set up for success but some Niners fans are ridiculous already saying he's going to be one of the best qb's of all time. However, I think Kaep is way better than Wilson and I think he and the Seahawks are way overrated and the Niners will stomp them and win the division. Baalke really is the best GM outside of maybe Newsome who has the rings. Baalke gets amazing value and productive players in the mid to late rounds. Even though I think Alex Smith is a good player that trade was a steal, I expected a 4th round pick would get the deal done.

ChiefAshhole20 05-02-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9653177)
I'm a Niner fan and this is what I have been saying about Kaep, people in the Bay Area are ridiculously creaming their pants over this guy and while I like him, I'm not ready to crown him a hall of famer after 10 games where a lot of his success came from what I consider a gimmick offense. I don't think the read option will last long term in the NFL and now that teams have some film on him and the Niners new look offense they're gonna have to adjust. He's got great physical tools and is set up for success but some Niners fans are ridiculous already saying he's going to be one of the best qb's of all time. However, I think Kaep is way better than Wilson and I think he and the Seahawks are way overrated and the Niners will stomp them and win the division. Baalke really is the best GM outside of maybe Newsome who has the rings. Baalke gets amazing value and productive players in the mid to late rounds. Even though I think Alex Smith is a good player that trade was a steal, I expected a 4th round pick would get the deal done.

What are you doing here?

RealSNR 05-02-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Uh-huh. Right. And Steve DeBerg was better than John Elway. Broncos were overrated.

Homer.

tk13 05-02-2013 03:27 PM

Good stuff. If Clark knew what he was doing he'd also hire a guy with a Parcells connection to run the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 05-02-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

where a lot of his success came from what I consider a gimmick offense.

It isn't a gimmick offense. The beauty of Harbaugh/Roman incorporating the ZR and plays run out of the pistol is that they still utilize viable passing concepts.

The ZR places a tremendous amount of stress (for lack of a better word at the moment) upon defenses. As a defense, your drops are slower, you can't use traps as you'd like, etc. due to the fact you have to play the run and account for the pass, while still being able to acknowledge the QB as a runner.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-02-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9653184)
Uh-huh. Right. And Steve DeBerg was better than John Elway. Broncos were overrated.

Homer.

Wilson's short ass hit his ceiling already, everyone just talks him up because he was a feel good story. Seahawks will implode, they got a bunch of team cancers and Carroll acts more like a pop warner dad than an NFL coach on the sideline. Wilson will regress and when things start to go sour Carroll won't be able to control his team and they will unravel. By far the most overrated team going into next season.

Sorter 05-02-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9653208)
Wilson's short ass hit his ceiling already, everyone just talks him up because he was a feel good story. Seahawks will implode, they got a bunch of team cancers and Carroll acts more like a pop warner dad than an NFL coach on the sideline. Wilson will regress and when things start to go sour Carroll won't be able to control his team and they will unravel. By far the most overrated team going into next season.

While I don't doubt that Wilson can regress this season, I don't feel it will be due to "team cancers".

Additionally, I fail to see how they're the "most overrated team going into next season" when people think that KC is going to challenge for a division title this year.