ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sperm donor needs to pay child support? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268403)

Msmith 01-03-2013 11:16 AM

Sperm donor needs to pay child support?

I really scratch my head on this one:

TOPEKA, Kan. -- The state of Kansas is trying to force a man who donated sperm to a lesbian couple to pay child support, arguing that the agreement he and the women signed releasing him from all parental duties was invalid because they didn't go through a doctor...

The link: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/02...erm-donor.html

ndws 01-03-2013 11:18 AM

I saw that on the news. Had he used a real doctor apparently, the courts would have viewed it differently.

So, I have to ask. How did he impregnate the lesbo without a dr? Old fashioned? Turkey baister? fling it like a monkey with poop?

Msmith 01-03-2013 11:19 AM

May be the couple just wanted to save money so they skipped the medical part.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-03-2013 11:19 AM

friend of mine is his attorney....yeah, it boils down to technically by law if they had used a doctor to do the insemination he's off the hook.

threebag 01-03-2013 11:20 AM

Well someone's getting ****ed

Brock 01-03-2013 11:20 AM

"Marotta, a 46-year-old Topeka resident, answered an online ad in 2009 from a local couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner, who said they were seeking a sperm donor."

What a strange thing to do.

Prison Bitch 01-03-2013 11:21 AM

Why can't the Lesbians pay the child's bills, again? What's the story there?

DJ's left nut 01-03-2013 11:22 AM

Family law has one single, immutable precedent:

Whatever happens - **** over every single male involved.

It's really absurd at this point. The entire field of family law has had so much precedent that has chipped away at the rights of men over the last 25 years that most courts essentially get the result they want (**** over the 'father') and work backwards to create a rationale for it.

For awhile I was looking at going into family law and I ended up absolutely disgusted by where the field has gone. There's really no justice in family court for men.

luv 01-03-2013 11:24 AM

So, the baby had two active parents, who wanted to have a baby together. They break up, and now the one who didn't give birth is not responsible at all?

notorious 01-03-2013 11:25 AM

He should have pulled out.

DJ's left nut 01-03-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9273910)
friend of mine is his attorney....yeah, it boils down to technically by law if they had used a doctor to do the insemination he's off the hook.

It shouldn't matter, but "The Best Interests of the Child" test has been so bastardized that the courts are able to twist it to fit.

It would be in the best interests of any child to have a court declare that Bill Gates is its father...that doesn't mean it makes sense. Hell, simple contract law should've mattered here, but again, courts are so willing to run roughshod over everyone using the Best Interests test that it makes the entire field a waste of effort at this point.

Family courts are essentially corrupt. They exist solely to extract money from as many pockets as necessary to keep the state from being on the hook. It's a disgrace and a real disservice to family law practitioners because those tend to be some of the most impassioned lawyers you'll find. And for their efforts, they're hamstrung by a rigged game.

luv 01-03-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9273920)

Probably because their union is not legally recognized in the state. It would be the same as if it were a heterosexual boyfriend/girlfriend in a non-common law marriage state, I would think. Say the boyfriend can't get the girlfriend prego, so they use a third party's sperm. The couple breaks up. The boyfriend would not be responsible for paying child support, because it's technically not his kid.

KCUnited 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Nuttin' surprises me anymore.

Brock 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9273953)
So, the baby had two active parents, who wanted to have a baby together. They break up, and now the one who didn't give birth is not responsible at all?

Do you really think Kansas is going to recognize a lesbian couple as legitimate parents?

ndws 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9273920)

I think, if I remember right, the lesbians seperated. Something about one of them maybe seeking state aid I think, and that triggered the child support. I don't think they wanted it, and I don't think he wanted to give it...so the court did the obvious thing and said he had to because he didn't have a medical professional (who spent some money with the state to get his license) sling the goo in her for him.