ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU KU now has a couple of scholarships freed up (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205646)

Buehler445 04-09-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 5655458)
Thank god Releford stayed. Woot. That kid is going to be a baller. Bodes pretty well as far as the remaining recruiting goes.

I like Releford also. He is really explosive. I don't know what he has in terms of a jumpshot, but if gets a little confidence in his game, he could really contribute some good minutes.

I think in order to play big minutes, though, he's going to make a defense respect his jump shot to effectively utilize his ability to drive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skip Towne 04-09-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 5655513)
Why would we give CJ a scholarship? Isn't his tuition being paid by the Yankees?

We won't. And yes, it is.

KC_Connection 04-09-2009 03:49 PM

Imagine the backups, too..

Tyshawn Taylor, Elijah Johnson, Travis Releford, Morningstar, Robinson, Withey

It's almost too good to be true...so I'm not going to count the chickens before they hatch.

Thig Lyfe 04-09-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 5655527)
This really seems to open up the spots for Henry and Stephenson. That would be really weird because they play the same position, but you can't have enough talent I guess.

Could this lineup really be a possibility?

PG Collins
SG Henry
SF Stephenson
PF Morris
C Aldrich

holy shiat

Holy shiat, indeed.

CoMoChief 04-09-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 5655527)
This really seems to open up the spots for Henry and Stephenson. That would be really weird because they play the same position, but you can't have enough talent I guess.

Could this lineup really be a possibility?

PG Collins
SG Henry
SF Stephenson
PF Morris Robinson
C Aldrich

holy shiat

FYP

doomy3 04-09-2009 03:53 PM

You get 13 scholarships, and here is what it currently looks like:

Scholarships...for next year

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

I don't see how we can get both Lance and X unless we have someone else transfer, or Sherron or Cole go pro.

KC_Connection 04-09-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5655528)
This is outstanding news, BTW.

FWIW, though, we were already one scholarship too many with the current recruits, so there is still a good chance we only get one of the guys we are recruiting unless there is someone else leaving/going pro/giving up a scholarship

Okay...that makes more sense. Releford could always transfer I suppose if they really wanted to make room.

CoMoChief 04-09-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5655559)

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

I don't see how we can get both Lance and X unless we have someone else transfer, or Sherron or Cole go pro.

Either way that team is loaded. esp if KU landed both Lance and X

BWillie 04-09-2009 04:08 PM

WTF is Orton considering KU. Even if someone gives up a schollie. Why would you want to come here? As much as I hate the Morris twins, they are going to get priority and probably get minutes over the others just because they have a year on the frosh.

Our bigs are....Cole, Kief, Marcus, Withey, Robinson. Where is he gonna go? Does HCBC know something we don't? Like if Cole is going pro. Orton is probably our back up plan if Cole goes pro, that's my guess.

Buehler445 04-09-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5655559)

1-Sherron (Sr.)
2-Little (Sr.)
3-Cole (Jr.)
4-Reed (Jr.)
5-Morningstar (Jr.)
6-Marcus (So.)
7-Markieff (So.)
8-Tyshawn (So.)
9-Travis (So.)

Next years recruits:
10-E. Johnson
11-T. Robinson
12-J. Withey

and possibly:
13- X or Lance

If morningstars dad pays his, there is another one, but looking at that roster, there aren't enough touches to go aound. I doubt we get X and lance.
Posted via Mobile Device

bluehawkdoc 04-09-2009 04:26 PM

According to one of the KU sites, Self is on a plane to Memphis. Hope this means X & CJ are coming back with him.

KC_Connection 04-09-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawkdoc (Post 5655628)
According to one of the KU sites, Self is on a plane to Memphis. Hope this means X & CJ are coming back with him.

Don't think X is in Memphis. CJ definitely is.

bluehawkdoc 04-09-2009 04:42 PM

You are correct, sir. My bad. It sounds like CJ is the key to getting X in Lawrence.

doomy3 04-09-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5655587)
If morningstars dad pays his, there is another one, but looking at that roster, there aren't enough touches to go aound. I doubt we get X and lance.
Posted via Mobile Device

I heard an interview where someone asked Morningstar about his Dad paying for his tuition as has been reported, and he just kind of laughed and said that he had heard that rumor too. Definitely didn't sound like that was his or his family's idea.

Skip Towne 04-09-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5655696)
I heard an interview where someone asked Morningstar about his Dad paying for his tuition as has been reported, and he just kind of laughed and said that he had heard that rumor too. Definitely didn't sound like that was his or his family's idea.

Maybe HCBS hasn't told him about it yet.