ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU KU now has a couple of scholarships freed up (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205646)

Mr_Tomahawk 04-10-2009 01:44 PM

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

...I didn't wan't to start a thread about this. But I go to school at the University of Minnesota (...I'm a KU undergrad).....but anyway, one of my classmates is friends with Blake Hoffarber of the Gophers BB team. Apparently Hoffarber (sp.) and Cole are close, and Hoffarber was telling my classmate that Cole is leaning towards going Pro. I am not buying into it until it is reported, but just interesting cuz my buddy isn't one to make this stuff up. He is a hockey fan...so I am just saying. Take it as you wish.

kepp 04-10-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 5657414)
KU has a damn good chance to win the North this year.

Funny thing though...I'm hearing from more and more people that they expect the Nubs to win the north this year. I have NO idea how they're coming up with that. They could be a solid third though.

kepp 04-10-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 5657994)

...I didn't wan't to start a thread about this. But I go to school at the University of Minnesota (...I'm a KU undergrad).....but anyway, one of my classmates is friends with Blake Hoffarber of the Gophers BB team. Apparently Hoffarber (sp.) and Cole are close, and Hoffarber was telling my classmate that Cole is leaning towards going Pro. I am not buying into it until it is reported, but just interesting cuz my buddy isn't one to make this stuff up. He is a hockey fan...so I am just saying. Take it as you wish.

It would not break my heart if he went pro.

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5657693)
So how can he play basketball in college (amateur sport) if he is already getting paid to play baseball (pro sport) with the Yankees? I thought the NCAA would have rules against this. Not that I care. It just seems that the NCAA is pretty strict on this stuff.

As long as it is not the same sport the NCAA doesn't give a damn.

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 5658006)
Funny thing though...I'm hearing from more and more people that they expect the Nubs to win the north this year. I have NO idea how they're coming up with that. They could be a solid third though.

So who is gonna be 2nd? MU. ROFL

Buehler445 04-10-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 5658006)

I think it is the vast VAST improvement they made under polini in a year. If they make similar gains they could do well.

It is very unlikely that they make that level of gain again. Their defense is still pretty soft and they are going to be breaking in a new qb. It will be interesting. I know polini can coach. I'm interested to see how he recruits.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 04-10-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 5658013)
It would not break my heart if he went pro.

It would mine, but purely from a fan standpoint. In honesty I would be very happy for the kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants 04-10-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 5657994)

**** it, get Orton in here.

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5658034)
It would mine, but purely from a fan standpoint. In honesty I would be very happy for the kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. Chance for a title or be a millionare when you already have a tile? Win win type of decision.

kepp 04-10-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 5658024)
So who is gonna be 2nd? MU. ROFL

NE lost as many contibutors as MU did this offseason. We're both breaking in new QBs but ours is rated much higher. Plus they lost more on the OL than we did. I don't think they will beat us this year.

BTW...any word on the Crawford/Luiken (sp?) incident?

Pants 04-10-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 5658091)
NE lost as many contibutors as MU did this offseason. We're both breaking in new QBs but ours is rated much higher. Plus they lost more on the OL than we did. I don't think they will beat us this year.

Nobody gives a shit about Nebraska football in this thread. Go start your own.

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 5658091)

BTW...any word on the Crawford/Luiken (sp?) incident?

And it's the KU fans that hijack threads...

KU is the clear favorite to win the North Division.

kepp 04-10-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 5658095)
Nobody gives a shit about Nebraska football in this thread. Go start your own.

Interesting that I was responding to a kU fan's post then.