ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft John Elway is turning out to be a pretty darn good GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266694)

Bump 11-16-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9124333)
I called the thread dumb and this "bump" guy has neg-repped me 4 times. What a dbag

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...gifs/F3Vxp.gif

listopencil 11-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9124434)
Alright. My issue is tht Miller was about a big of a lay up as Berry was for us. I don't think many GM's make any other pick there besides him. I also think Manning went there in large part knowing that Elway would think like him as a QB. If Elway was a HOF CB I am not sure Manning is in Denver right now.

I doubted the Miller pick only because I didn't know WTF I was talking about at the time. I wanted a DT but there really weren't any available that were worth the draft spot. I think everyone that was really aware of his ability thought it was a no brainer pick. With that being said there were three other impact starters drafted(RT, DT, Safety), quality back ups drafted, and a group of Free Agents signed that have panned out well so far.

I think Elway being who he is had to be a huge factor in getting Manning. To a lesser degree Fox and the coaching staff showed with Tebow that they are all about just trying to do whatever works best on Offense, and the team did have some pieces in place already.

listopencil 11-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9124472)
I'm so going to teabag the shit out of Bump's sister if Manning gets horrifically injured, is forced to retire, and the Broncos suck and Elway has no ****ing clue what to do.

Bump has a sister?

RunKC 11-17-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9124449)
Yeah, drafting four impact starters and a group of quality back ups in two years is horrible. Especially doing this while improving from 4-14, to 8-8 division champs and a playoff win, to 6-3 looking at maybe locking up the division again. Yup. So unimpressive.

Impact starters? Please. Rahim Moore is average at best. I've see that guy miss tackle after tackle. The CB's are the one's playing well, not him.

And Orlando Franklin is looking great because Manning gets the ball out really fast. Manning is hiding his flaws, but yet they are still being exposed, like here.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...sack-6-yd-loss

listopencil 11-17-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9124513)
Impact starters? Please. Rahim Moore is average at best. I've see that guy miss tackle after tackle. The CB's are the one's playing well, not him.

And Orlando Franklin is looking great because Manning gets the ball out really fast. Manning is hiding his flaws, but yet they are still being exposed, like here.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...sack-6-yd-loss

LOl, you're reaching badly. Rahim Moore had a rough rookie year and is now doing a a very good job as one of our starting Safeties. Franklin has been great in run blocking and good at pass pro. The Broncos are tied with Houston for fewest sacks allowed, and lead the league in sacks allowed per pass attempt. Derek Wolfe is a beast inside. The other D-linemen have been signing his praises for doing the dirty work. You can cherry pick the few bad plays all you want. Your bullshit just doesn't fly. I actually watch them play. Like I said earlier, enjoy your sour grapes.

RunKC 11-17-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9124517)
LOl, you're reaching badly. Rahim Moore had a rough rookie year and is now doing a a very good job as one of our starting Safeties. Franklin has been great in run blocking and good at pass pro. The Broncos are tied with Houston for fewest sacks allowed, and lead the league in sacks allowed per pass attempt. Derek Wolfe is a beast inside. The other D-linemen have been signing his praises for doing the dirty work. You can cherry pick the few bad plays all you want. Your bullshit just doesn't fly. I actually watch them play. Like I said earlier, enjoy your sour grapes.

I said Wolfe was a good pick.

Manning makes any OL look better then they really are. His OL's in Indy were average at best but yet he made them look great.

Enjoy Manning while you can because when he's done, your on Assweilers terms.

Bump 11-17-2012 12:20 AM

so what was John Elways path to his new position? what did he do between his retirement as a player to this new VP position of his which has turned the broncos into a contender?

It's not just Peyton Manning, let alone, that was a great move of his and he had to go out there and get him. But he also won a playoff game with Tim Tebow of all people. I'm jealous.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-17-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9124424)
Ha I can't wait until the Broncos get destroyed by the Patriots again.

I doubt Denver will win a SB with Manning. Houston and New England will own the AFC for the next 3 years.

Pats own this Denver team. Games have been a joke between them lately.

scorpio 11-17-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9124524)
so what was John Elways path to his new position? what did he do between his retirement as a player to this new VP position of his which has turned the broncos into a contender?

Among other things he ran the front office for the Colorado Crush when they won the Arena Bowl and a few conference titles.

Bowser 11-17-2012 09:20 AM

It's been floated out there that part of the deal to lure Manning to the Broncos was that he was promised part ownership in the team with Elway when Bowlen either gives up the gig or kicks off. Any truth to these rumors?

okoye35chiefs 11-17-2012 09:41 AM

http://thetwist03.files.wordpress.co...lway-horse.jpg

scorpio 11-17-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9124735)
It's been floated out there that part of the deal to lure Manning to the Broncos was that he was promised part ownership in the team with Elway when Bowlen either gives up the gig or kicks off. Any truth to these rumors?

I think you're confusing the Broncos with the Titans.

Bowser 11-17-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 9124778)
I think you're confusing the Broncos with the Titans.

Nope, although I know that was rumored also.

One of the local radio guys around here has said a couple of times on air that he's heard "from sources" that there is a handshake agreement in place between Bowlen and Manning/Elway that they get the team when he is done.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-17-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9124781)

One of the local radio guys around here has said a couple of times on air that he's heard "from sources" that there is a handshake agreement in place between Bowlen and Manning/Elway that they get the team when he is done.

Thaaaaat's fair ROFL

MagicHef 11-17-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9124781)

I'm pretty sure an agreement exists between Bowlen and Elway (Bowlen has been trying to sell him part of the Broncos for a long time, but hasn't been able to because of part of the purchase contract between him and the previous owner). I've never heard Manning's name mentioned about it before.