ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The birth of a new Internet rumor. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86598)

Rain Man 03-28-2004 11:32 PM

The birth of a new Internet rumor.

I would like to be listed on snopes, so would you copy and paste the following and e-mail it to no fewer than three of your more gullible friends?

Dear friends,

I just wanted to pass this along to you because I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

The sister of a good friend of mine is in the hospital tonight, and for a reason that might surprise you.

She decided to make some microwave popcorn last night, and stuck the bag of popcorn in the microwave. While she was waiting, she was leaning against the countertop where the microwave was, facing away from the microwave.

Now, this girl has a big tattoo on her lower back. It's one of those with twirling rose vines and flowers and some Chinese lettering. She was wearing a midriff top so it was exposed, and it was pretty close to the front of the microwave.

I'm not a physicist, but apparently the inks used in tattoos have some phosphorus in them, which is the same phosphorus that the Navy uses for those really nasty bombs. Something about the proximity to the microwave ignited that phosphorus - which was imbedded in her skin!

Her back caught on fire, and it was one of those chemical fires that can't be put out with water and is invisible to the naked eye. She had to call 911 and then couldn't put out the flames until the paramedics got there and used one of those special chemical fire extinguishers on her. Tonight she's in the hospital awaiting skin grafts, with third degree burns over 20 percent of her body. The doctor said that this is not the first case that he's seen of this, and that it's getting more common as tattoo sizes increase. Women with lower back tattoos are particularly vulnerable given the size and height of many of those tattoos.

I'm writing because I want to warn people of this, and please pass it along to other people you know. Do NOT stand in front of the microwave if you have one of those big tattoos. If you do, be sure that you either wrap the tattoo in Saran Wrap, or that you spray the tattoo with one of those vegetable cooking sprays that will lubricate it and keep it from igniting.

Thanks for listening, and be careful!

tk13 03-28-2004 11:36 PM

ROFL Only Kevin....

Fairplay 03-28-2004 11:38 PM

Yes it was born here, we are witnessing the birth of a rumor.
If this was spread to 50 people now. It would be a topic of conversation in offices around the country by next week, perhaps earlier.

Bob's Your Uncle 03-28-2004 11:39 PM

What a load of bullshit. ROFL

Ebolapox 03-28-2004 11:40 PM

ROFL :LOL:

hell, why not

-EBOLA-

dtebbe 03-29-2004 12:02 AM

If this makes urbanlegends.com I'll give you $50. ROFL

DT

Talisman 03-29-2004 12:08 AM

ROFL

Good stuff, Kev.

Demonpenz 03-29-2004 12:52 AM

I have a rumor i started I was jealous that this girl in my class got a new sprint flip phone so i talked about it's flipage, i told her she should have read online the fliplife of that phone was only 90 or so flips until that phone breaks and next time she better ask spring about the flip life, she looked at me and was like man i have already flipped it like 50 times i better be careful, i also tell people the warrenty doesn't cover anything after 200 flips. So make sure when you get a flip phone you check the flip life on it! (I am trying to work with this material for some stand up so if anyone has anything more to add please tell me)

tk13 03-29-2004 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
I have a rumor i started I was jealous that this girl in my class got a new sprint flip phone so i talked about it's flipage, i told her she should have read online the fliplife of that phone was only 90 or so flips until that phone breaks and next time she better ask spring about the flip life, she looked at me and was like man i have already flipped it like 50 times i better be careful, i also tell people the warrenty doesn't cover anything after 200 flips. So make sure when you get a flip phone you check the flip life on it! (I am trying to work with this material for some stand up so if anyone has anything more to add please tell me)

ROFL Sounds like she really flipped out...

Demonpenz 03-29-2004 01:22 AM

haha damnit, i wish there was a way to copyright material

Abba-Dabba 03-29-2004 06:23 AM

That's it, no mo. Microwaves gotta go.

R8RFAN 03-29-2004 06:33 AM

I will go along with this, I posted it on truckingboards :)

Skip Towne 03-29-2004 06:52 AM

Great rumor Kevin. I'll do my part to spread it. Maybe we can do this once a week.

Bob Dole 03-29-2004 06:52 AM

Bob Dole finds your efforts to spread misinformation irresponsible, at best.

_____
Bob Damned Dole - Proudly disigerent since March 2003.

kcfanintitanhell 03-29-2004 07:01 AM

Hell, next week this time GE will be touting their new "tattoo-friendly" microwave.