ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink The All Things St. Joseph Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209309)

cmh6476 06-20-2009 09:18 AM

The All Things St. Joseph Thread

I know many of you are already planning your 2010 summer trip to our wonderful city. I think we need a repository of all things St. Joseph from the locals. From hotels to restaurants to things to do or see, let's gather it all here and then for the next 5 years you'll all have some place to look before you plan your travels.

Doesn't have to be St. Joe either, can be the near vicinity. Of course we can't list everything to do in Elwood, otherwise this will just get a bit out of control.

So with that said, you guys throw out your thoughts/ suggestions, and I'll try and update the initial post and link to your reviews of certain restaurants, find links to the places you mention and try and post everything here in some kind of comprehenisble fashion.

Places to Stay:
Things to Do:
Places to Eat:
Bars/ Nightlife:

HypnotizedMonkey 06-20-2009 09:51 AM

Leave Elwood Alone!!!! *cries* lol

Skip Towne 06-20-2009 11:58 AM

The starting point for the Pony Express

Hammock Parties 06-20-2009 11:59 AM

Where's the best place to get laid?

Kyle DeLexus 06-20-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5851448)

Craigslist....next?

Rain Man 06-20-2009 12:27 PM

I would consider vacationing in St. Joseph if I knew the following were available:

1. A nice historic area with home tours or guided walking tours.
2. At least three world-class restaurants, with entrees under $20. Or alternatively, a Chili's.
3. An area of great scenic beauty, preferably with a large waterfall, but one that's not really noisy, just tall.
4. Some sort of large archaeological vestige of a lost civilization. It could be a pyramid or it could be something else like a Mahal or a Wat.
5. A bear viewing area, preferably grizzly or polar.
6. A large wargaming convention, but one in which less than 80 percent of attendees aren't kind of weird.
7. At least one cool gimmick hotel, like one made out of ice, or underwater, or in a big treehouse.
8. A high point that offers stunning vistas of the surrounding area. It could be a natural high point like a mountaintop, or it could be a manmade high point like a Space Needle or Washington Monument.
9. A museum that contains one or more of the following: suits of armor, tanks, a display on tribal migration patterns, or a professional football history wing.
10. A festival that nominally celebrates something like Spring or Tuesday, but which informally is a raucous display of female exhibitionism.

Please advise.

L.A. Chieffan 06-20-2009 12:28 PM

i like the dime too.

BigCatDaddy 06-20-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5851448)

Try "The Shaft" in dowtown St. Joe.

Hammock Parties 06-20-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5851493)
Try "The Shaft" in dowtown St. Joe.

Ooh, lots of hot guys?

Stewie 06-20-2009 12:44 PM

St. Joe is OK, nothing to write home about. I think it was at the bottom of the list of places to live in America not too long ago... it is in Misery, so that's about right. I've only gone there lately when working at the farm and needing parts for farm equipment. There's a nice Taco Bell by the parts store, though.

Rain Man 06-20-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 5851511)
St. Joe is OK, nothing to write home about. I think it was at the bottom of the list of places to live in America not too long ago... it is in Misery, so that's about right. I've only gone there lately when working at the farm and needing parts for farm equipment. There's a nice Taco Bell by the parts store, though.

Are the entrees under $20?

Stewie 06-20-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5851518)
Are the entrees under $20?

Everything in St. Joe is under $20, including a half-day's wage.

JOhn 06-20-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 5851549)
Everything in St. Joe is under $20, including a half-day's wage.

yea both Hookers there, charge under $20...err so I heard.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-20-2009 05:43 PM

This sucks. I just moved to Arizona from St. Joe lol. Oh well, I'll be back there vacationing next year visiting family and I'll make it around that time of the year.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-20-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 5852288)
This sucks. I just moved to Arizona from St. Joe lol. Oh well, I'll be back there vacationing next year visiting family and I'll make it around that time of the year.

Enjoy Arizona. I loved living in Tucson.