ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Parallel world: What would you give up in this off-season trade? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236652)

Frankie 11-10-2010 10:32 PM

Parallel world: What would you give up in this off-season trade?

Play this scenario for shits and giggles. Suppose the Dallas Cowboys in a mad tearing up and rebuilding mode offer us a package of two of their players?

1- Which two would you want and what would you give them?

2- If those two players are D'Marcus Ware and Dez Bryant (Miles Austin?) what would you give up?

This has been gnawing at me since I posted a tongue-in-cheek mention of those two players in the other Cowboys thread.

For question 2 would you keep the 1st in the next draft for a QBOTF and give up the rest of the draft?

OK it's late at night and I'm posting this in a sleepy head mode, so keep your derogatory comments to yourself if you don't want to play. ;)

Tylerthigpen!1! 11-10-2010 10:49 PM

Two firsts and a second tier player of the same position. It would take a ton more than that though. I wouldn't mess up a good thing. I would (as I'm sure the rest of CP would too) trade a some serious effing drafts picks for a QBOTF.

jd1020 11-10-2010 10:52 PM

I wouldnt want anything from the Cowboys. Their entire team has quit mid season. Why in the hell would I want to trade for any sad excuse of a professional on that team. Can't say I blame them though if you take into account the bafoon they had for a coach. When something bad against his team happened he always had a look on his face like he was trying to figure out if the cupcakes he screwed up last night asked for 1 tsp of salt or 2. Then when something good happened he always celebrated like it happened by accident. The guy didnt have a clue. Then when the one player on the team who actually has any ideas (Romo) gets hurt they all quit because its obviously not worth playing the game anymore. When you make Jerry eat his words you know its bad.

booger 11-10-2010 11:06 PM

Jerry jones can't afford to "tear down" and rebuild like Herm did, not that it would even fit his style of ownership/management. He has to fill Jerryworld and trading two of his best players sure isn't going to draw fans.

Why in the world would he trade one of the best pass rushers in the game? Seriously? Five and a half seasons into his career and he has 72.5 sacks. That would be like trading Derrick thomas at that stage of his career.

They just drafted bryant #1 in 2010. he is having a good year. why trade him? Same with Austin who just got a contract ext. Jones will make Cowher, Gruden, or one of those types one of the highest paid coaches in the nfl. I'm sure the idea of trading one or two of their best players would not go well in drawing a top HC.

A more realistic chance is if they are to try and trade WR Roy Williams and LOLB Anthony Spencer and neither would be top players. Spencer as competition would be ok depending on the compensation.

lay off the peyote

BossChief 11-10-2010 11:18 PM

In this crazy world Id give em next years first rounder for Ware.

I will never be in the group of guys wanting to trade for a receiver while we have this guy at quarterback though.

I firmly believe quarterbacks make receivers, not the other way around.

Rain Man 11-10-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 7164073)

Why in the world would he trade one of the best pass rushers in the game? Seriously? Five and a half seasons into his career and he has 72.5 sacks. That would be like trading Derrick thomas at that stage of his career.

Or trading Jared Allen while he's still ascending. Insane.

stlchiefs 11-10-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7164025)

2- If those two players are D'Marcus Ware and Dez Bryant (Miles Austin?) what would you give up?

For question 2 would you keep the 1st in the next draft for a QBOTF and give up the rest of the draft?

YES. Then I'd hurry up and make the draft pick before Jones threw his challenge flag.

booger 11-10-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7164085)

pretty different circumstances w/ allen and CP.

2112 11-10-2010 11:53 PM

In this bizzarro world can we get Frankies typing fingers cut off by a cookie monster?

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7164085)

Not really.

Plus, Allen would have been gone the second Pioli was hired and it's quite possible that the compensation and players drafted in 2009 wouldn't have been nearly as talented as those in 2008. Especially considering the 2009 draft, overall, has turned out be extremely weak.

DaneMcCloud 11-10-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 7164073)
Jerry jones can't afford to "tear down" and rebuild like Herm did, not that it would even fit his style of ownership/management. He has to fill Jerryworld and trading two of his best players sure isn't going to draw fans.

They just drafted bryant #1 in 2010. he is having a good year. why trade him? Same with Austin who just got a contract ext. Jones will make Cowher, Gruden, or one of those types one of the highest paid coaches in the nfl. I'm sure the idea of trading one or two of their best players would not go well in drawing a top HC.

A more realistic chance is if they are to try and trade WR Roy Williams and LOLB Anthony Spencer and neither would be top players. Spencer as competition would be ok depending on the compensation.

lay off the peyote

This.

There's no way Jerry is trading a first rounder WR or a one of the best linebackers in the game.

Furthermore, Ware's on IR and no one knows how well he'll recover.

Fritz88 11-11-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7164123)
Especially considering the 2009 draft, overall, has turned out be extremely weak.

Jake O'Connell was a steal. He's making huge contributions with STs.

blaise 11-11-2010 12:10 AM

Ware is on IR? I know they put Spears and one of their rookies on it.

Saccopoo 11-11-2010 02:43 AM

Trade pick and take Cam Newton.

Hydrae 11-11-2010 08:17 AM

First off, Jerry has been quoted as telling the team that they need to get off the pot or there will be players following Wade out the door at seasons end.

When I heard that my first thought (unrealistic I know but I can dream) was that I would take Romo in a heartbeat. He may not be the best in the league but he is 10,000% better than what we have now.

I expect Roy Williams to hit the market this offseason either way. Not sure I would want him though, he doesn't strike me as a Haley/Pioli kind of player.