ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel character (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203361)

Idahojim 02-28-2009 04:20 PM

Cassel character

My daughter works for his agent, David Dunn in Newport Beach. She called me today to say the Chiefs just picked up a guy with great character. She said Kansas City will love this guy. Just an FYI.

patteeu 02-28-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 5539402)
My daughter works for his agent, David Dunn in Newport Beach. She called me today to say the Chiefs just picked up a guy with great character. She said Kansas City will love this guy. Just an FYI.

Sounds great to me. Thanks for the info IJ.

the Talking Can 02-28-2009 04:43 PM

Rain Man 02-28-2009 04:43 PM

If he's anything like Trent Green in that area, I'll be happy.

I realize that it ended up costing Trent his career, but I always enjoyed watching him take out guys as a blocker for Priest.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2009 04:45 PM

OK, gang...

BradyFTW! 02-28-2009 04:48 PM

Cassel is an extremely high-character guy. I, like many Pats fans, pretty much felt like your POS safety ended our season a couple minutes into it last year. By the end of the season, a bunch of us were talking about how this had been maybe the most *fun* we'd had rooting for the Pats in the regular season since 2001. It was just really enjoyable to see Cassel get better every week and make really good plays.

Apparently Cassel was a two-way player in high school (QB and safety, not at all unusual) who was known for being an absolutely punishing hitter. He also came very close to moving to TE at USC, since he was stuck behind Leinart and Palmer. He's a tough kid.

doomy3 02-28-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 5539402)

What does she say about Sanchez? He is another Dunn guy, at least partly.

Idahojim 02-28-2009 04:59 PM

She didn't say anything because he's not in the Chiefs mix. The only other person she's mentioned from Dunn's stable is Jamal Charles. Says he's a great guy, too.

aturnis 02-28-2009 05:02 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IrROLWbtTzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IrROLWbtTzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He can sing too!

eazyb81 02-28-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradyFTW! (Post 5539636)
Cassel is an extremely high-character guy. I, like many Pats fans, pretty much felt like your POS safety ended our season a couple minutes into it last year. By the end of the season, a bunch of us were talking about how this had been maybe the most *fun* we'd had rooting for the Pats in the regular season since 2001. It was just really enjoyable to see Cassel get better every week and make really good plays.

Apparently Cassel was a two-way player in high school (QB and safety, not at all unusual) who was known for being an absolutely punishing hitter. He also came very close to moving to TE at USC, since he was stuck behind Leinart and Palmer. He's a tough kid.

From what I've read, he actually did make the switch to TE and ended up catching a couple passes and making some tackles on special teams. But he ended up deciding he was a better QB and wasn't ready to give up on his dream.

chiefzilla1501 02-28-2009 05:05 PM

I'll again mention that all the reports are saying that Cassel followed Brady around everywhere. And Brady is one of the hardest working players in the league. Not only was he working out and watching film with Brady, but I imagine that as they were sitting in the film room together, Brady showed him how to watch for the right things in the film room.

I can't even begin to express how excited I am about this pickup. We know he's a high character guy and a work horse.

Tribal Warfare 02-28-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5539609)
OK, gang...

uuuh, gochiefs Idaho works for Kcchiefs.com

tomahawk kid 02-28-2009 05:07 PM

How are things up that way, Jim?

Good to hear from you. Post more often man.....

BradyFTW! 02-28-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5539739)
From what I've read, he actually did make the switch to TE and ended up catching a couple passes and making some tackles on special teams. But he ended up deciding he was a better QB and wasn't ready to give up on his dream.

Yeah, that's correct. I meant he came very close to moving there full-time, but ended up not doing it.

And like a previous poster mentioned, spending years watching and breaking down film with Brady and Belichick (all spygate jokes aside) is pretty valuable experience.

blueballs 02-28-2009 05:10 PM

Cassel is trying to nail your daughter