ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs just more speculation about RGIII (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256587)

tooge 02-28-2012 04:33 PM

just more speculation about RGIII

Well, at least they mention the chiefs

Robert Griffin trade rumors already spinning out of control
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 28, 2012, 4:04 PM EST

APForget the Combine. Forget free agency. Robert Griffin III trade chatter dominates the NFL discussion these days.

And it’s still February.

Perhaps Rams COO Kevin Demoff is right: It’s getting less crazy to imagine a deal could be completed before free agency. We’ve read and heard an unprecedented amount of trade rumors about the No. 2 overall pick for this time of year.

Let’s go over the latest:

1. Mike Jones of the Washington Post writes the Redskins would give up the No. 6 overall pick and next year’s first round pick in addition to multiple picks in the mid-to-upper rounds of the draft. Consider this the starting point for negotiations.

The Rams are reportedly looking for a similar package to the one San Diego netted for Eli Manning: Two firsts (including the No. 4 overall pick), a third- and fifth-round pick. The Redskins sound ready to meet this demand.

2. Texas A&M prospect Ryan Tannehill is watching the Griffin talk closely. Jones believes the Redskins would take Tannehill at No. 6 overal if they can’t get Griffin.

3. Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer believes the Browns will ultimately have to give up three first-round picks in order to land Griffin. Do I hear four, Redskins? (This reminds us of a classic article by the Onion.)

4. Demoff told Peter King of SI.com that the Rams received a feeler from a team “you would never expect.” Does Kansas City count? If not, we’ll roll with Philadelphia as our irresponsible guess for a mystery team. Enter your pick below.

5. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch considers the Redskins the early favorite to land Griffin. This sounds true based on all the reports, plus Mike Shanahan’s close relationship with Jeff Fisher.

Titty Meat 02-28-2012 04:34 PM

That aint happening.

Pitt Gorilla 02-28-2012 04:35 PM

All of those late-season wins sure were nice.

stonedstooge 02-28-2012 04:36 PM

The only pre-draft signing can be the number `1 pick right?

Kyle DeLexus 02-28-2012 04:36 PM

I'd say that Eli Manning trade worked out for the Giants.

Kyle DeLexus 02-28-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8405685)
The only pre-draft signing can be the number `1 pick right?

Correct.

stonedstooge 02-28-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8405687)
Correct.

Thanks

BigMeatballDave 02-28-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8405684)
All of those late-season wins sure were nice.

Yes they were/RAC

Titty Meat 02-28-2012 04:40 PM

This makes sense make other teams think you want to draft a QB so then the 11th pick will have more value for a team who wants Tannehill.

007 02-28-2012 04:42 PM

NO way Pioli gives up the draft for one guy. No matter how good he potentially could be.

Wallcrawler 02-28-2012 04:49 PM

It would be awesome to get him, but you cant give up an entire draft for one guy.

Of course for KC, even if it turned out to be a giant fail ala Ricky Williams, its just another fail that can be added to the nearly two decades of fail seasons theyve already racked up.

Im fine either way. I doubt we get RG3, but if we do it will certainly be exciting to see how it turns out.

I figure Manning is KC's best shot at a real QB this year and thats a huge longshot.

Chiefs should just draft as strongly as they can this year, and try to make do with Orton, Stanzi, or worst case scenario Matt Cassel if they cannot get Manning.

BossChief 02-28-2012 04:49 PM

I wonder what the poll results would be on

A. Trade up to #2 by using a bunch of picks and throw in Bowe once he is franchised instead of a future first+....or sign Bowe in time to tag Carr and include him in the deal.

The rams need a receiver and corner backs, but they would need to cut some guys in this scenario because of their cap situation.

2. Sign Peyton and draft Tannehill. Peyton would cost a lot and that might cause us to lose a player or two in the next 2-3 years.

Both scenarios have their positives and drawbacks.

I think I'd rather sign Peyton and draft Tannehill/Richardson.

Mr. Laz 02-28-2012 04:50 PM

st. louis is starting every rumor they can to try and drive up the price.

I hope it blows up in their face and they don't get shit

Red Dawg 02-28-2012 04:51 PM

A total pipe dream. No chance in hell unless the Rams just wanted us to have the pick for some rediculous reason. It would taken more than just our picks this year.

Bowe and Carr plus our one and two? But they would have to be ours first off.

TRR 02-28-2012 04:51 PM

KC would have to give up the entire draft to get RGIII. There isn't a player worth that much...and it truly is a gamble.

You can count KC out of the RGIII sweepstakes. There is just no way Pioli would be willing to give that much up and rightly so.
Posted via Mobile Device