ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I just finished writing my will. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130937)

Rain Man 12-10-2005 10:57 PM

I just finished writing my will.

Unfortunately, none of you guys made the cut. If you're nice to me, though, remember that I can make edits at any time.

I had a great plan put together to put some money in a trust that wouldn't start paying out until it hit an ungodly sum. It would simply sit in a trust growing and growing for several hundred years (assuming that civilization doesn't collapse), and would eventually be structured for my descendents to be incredibly wealthy for perpetuity. My wife didn't like it, though, and wouldn't let me put it in. She said that she didn't care if our descendents were wealthy or not.

007 12-10-2005 10:58 PM

Those wives, I tell ya!!!

Hammock Parties 12-10-2005 11:03 PM

You bastard. I'm never dedicating a thread in your name ever again.

kcfanXIII 12-10-2005 11:04 PM

i plan to spend all my money before i die. on health care, and hookers.

Halfcan 12-10-2005 11:06 PM

lol kc thats the way to do it!

Mr. Kotter 12-10-2005 11:44 PM

Were you sure to spell my name correctly?

cdcox 12-10-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Unfortunately, none of you guys made the cut. If you're nice to me, though, remember that I can make edits at any time.

I had a great plan put together to put some money in a trust that wouldn't start paying out until it hit an ungodly sum. It would simply sit in a trust growing and growing for several hundred years (assuming that civilization doesn't collapse), and would eventually be structured for my descendents to be incredibly wealthy for perpetuity. My wife didn't like it, though, and wouldn't let me put it in. She said that she didn't care if our descendents were wealthy or not.

Don't you have to have children to have decendents?

Rain Man 12-10-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Apparently none of my ancestors cared if their descendants were wealthy either.

Y'know, I kept telling my wife, "What would have happened if your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather had put fifty bucks in a trust, with orders that it not be touched until the average five-year return was a million bucks a year, and then each generation had a lottery to see who got to be the sole beneficiary. If he had done that, that account would be spinning off $3 million bucks a year now."

Rain Man 12-10-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
Don't you have to have children to have decendents?

Cats.

Or maybe it would've been a really nice surprise for some great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand-niece.

cdcox 12-10-2005 11:52 PM

If you made some 95th generation cats rich, there is a pretty good chance you could be on the news long after you are dead.

Do your cats breed?

Rain Man 12-10-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
If you made some 95th generation cats rich, there is a pretty good chance you could be on the news long after you are dead.

Do your cats breed?

Imagine the implications for hairball cure research.

As for the breeding, I guess some of the initial seed money would have to be used for neutering reversal.

greg63 12-11-2005 01:59 AM

Well, I'm not immortal but I don't have a will. In fact, the only thing I have to leave anyone is debt.

beavis 12-11-2005 02:30 AM

Hey man, can I have your bike?

Skip Towne 12-11-2005 08:13 AM

You didn't leave me anything? I'm canceling our friendship contract forthwith.

mikey23545 12-11-2005 08:29 AM

It's been such an honor just to read your posts, I don't care if you didn't mention me in your will...Just to have been in the virtual presence of your greatness was enough to have bequeathed to me...