ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Redskins May Go QB with #4? (PFT) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223179)

Dante84 02-09-2010 05:31 PM

Redskins May Go QB with #4? (PFT)

Wonder how this will play into our situation? And is there a snowball's chance in hell that Berry lasts until us at #5?

Quote:

Shanahan planning to take a quarterback at No. 4?
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2010 3:01 PM ET

As Mike Shanahan re-builds the Washington Redskins, his single biggest decision will come on April 22, when he decides what to do with the fourth pick in the 2010 NFL draft.

A report out today suggests that Shanahan is likely to take a quarterback.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post, citing an unnamed league source familiar with Shanahan's thinking, reports that Shanahan is eager to draft and develop a young quarterback.

If Shanahan is planning to take a quarterback, the most likely pick would be Sam Bradford of Oklahoma, who is generally regarded as the best of the bunch -- provided his injured shoulder has healed. Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen would also be an option.

Of course, given that some draft experts don't believe any quarterbacks in this year's class are worthy of a Top 10 pick, Shanahan might want to keep Jason Campbell around and skip the quarterbacks in the first round.

That's the key decision for Shanahan in what's sure to be a busy off-season.

The Bad Guy 02-09-2010 05:34 PM

I think that would be bad unless Okung went 2 to Detroit.

I really want Okung gone before we pick.

LaChapelle 02-09-2010 05:35 PM

Weis needs to go full erection on Clausen in the media

Titty Meat 02-09-2010 05:36 PM

Who cares as long as Berry is still there at #5.

RustShack 02-09-2010 05:46 PM

The Redskins will take Clausen if hes there, if hes not they go another direction.

Dante84 02-09-2010 05:46 PM

STL - Suh / McCoy / Clausen / Bradford
DET - McCoy / Suh / Okung
TB - Berry / McCoy / Okung
WAS - Bradford / Clausen / Okung

The way I see it, TB is the only team to steal Berry from us....

The Bad Guy 02-09-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 6520096)
STL - Suh / McCoy / Clausen / Bradford
DET - McCoy / Suh / Okung
TB - Berry / McCoy / Okung
WAS - Bradford / Clausen / Okung

The way I see it, TB is the only team to steal Berry from us....

Which sucks because of Monte Kiffin's connection with that team. Kiffin is going to tell Morris, Domenik and anyone else in the FO how much of a stud he is. Berry also played in a similar scheme to the one Tampa will run.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-09-2010 05:52 PM

3 of the top 4 teams have really good free safeties. Tampa is the only wildcard, but they have a huge hole at DT.

I think Tampa takes McCoy if he's there.

As long as the top 2 picks aren't Suh and McCoy in some order, we get Berry, IMO.

DeezNutz 02-09-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6520115)
As long as the top 2 picks aren't Suh and McCoy in some order, we get the opportunity to pass on Berry, too, IMO.

FYP

RustShack 02-09-2010 05:57 PM

What if it goes.. Suh, McCoy, Berry, Clausen. If we end up with a LT I will blow a gasket. We better take McClain.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-09-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6520116)
FYP

If we do that, I'm going to Garozzo's and covering Pioli's scungilli with the blood of a hemophiliac Hatian bisexual heroin addict.

Dante84 02-09-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6520115)
As long as the top 2 picks aren't Suh and McCoy in some order, we get Berry, IMO.

I, too, think that is the key. And I think the key to that key, ultimately comes down to St. Louis. The way we get Berry is if St. Louis takes a QB over Suh.

I wonder if Washington thinking about going with a QB puts any pressure on STL to go in that direction also? I don't know.

If one goes early, there might be a fire-sale since there are only 2-3 QB's. If one doesn't go early, one of them might fall to the early second round. Thus, Washington taking Bradford/Clausen might hurt STL in round two if they are counting on one being there.

DeezNutz 02-09-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6520125)
If we do that, I'm going to Garozzo's and covering Pioli's scungilli with the blood of a hemophiliac Hatian bisexual heroin addict.

I agree; a moderate approach would be a sensible reaction to this level of dumbassery on the part of the GM.

OnTheWarpath15 02-09-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 6520134)
I, too, think that is the key. And I think the key to that key, ultimately comes down to St. Louis. The way we get Berry is if St. Louis takes a QB over Suh.

I wonder if Washington thinking about going with a QB puts any pressure on STL to go in that direction also? I don't know.

If one goes early, there might be a fire-sale since there are only 2-3 QB's. If one doesn't go early, one of them might fall to the early second round. Thus, Washington taking Bradford/Clausen might hurt Detroit in round two if they are counting on one being there.

:spock:

SDChiefs 02-09-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 6520134)

If one goes early, there might be a fire-sale since there are only 2-3 QB's. If one doesn't go early, one of them might fall to the early second round. Thus, Washington taking Bradford/Clausen might hurt Detroit in round two if they are counting on one being there.

You do know they just drafted Stafford with the number one pick in the draft just this last year. Are they trying to stockpile QBs for the future?