ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2013 QB Prospects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259106)

Bewbies 05-02-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8587199)
Mr. First Round right here:

http://bestcelebrityworkouts.com/wp-...quinncover.jpg

Oh, that's right...we have to draft one ourselves, thus the near homo-erotic fascination with projects like Jimmy Clausen and Ryan Tannehill.

Some people have short memories. Quinn was one of the best QB prospects that has come out recently, and simply hasn't been given an honest chance. Rookie in 2007. Broke a finger in 2008 and was out for the season. 2009 Mangini wanted Derek Anderson as his QB (and we all know how that worked out for both guys). He's only played 14 games in his pro career and it's mainly been because of dipshit coaches/bad situations (Tebow Mania).

You guys forget how good this guy was in college:

That's the guy you draft in the first round as a QB. Experienced from a pro system, productive, hard worker, prototype size, etc.

He knows Crennel and Daboll's system. If Pioli is actually interested in winning games instead of continuing to support his (poor) decision in trading for Matt Cassel to be the starter, then Quinn should have every chance/probability of getting the job.

I don't care what he did 20 years ago in college, in the NFL he sucks ass. Stop pimping him, it's worse than the never ending pimping of an overrated LT prospect(s).

the Talking Can 05-02-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8587199)
Mr. First Round right here:

http://bestcelebrityworkouts.com/wp-...quinncover.jpg

Oh, that's right...we have to draft one ourselves, thus the near homo-erotic fascination with projects like Jimmy Clausen and Ryan Tannehill.

Some people have short memories. Quinn was one of the best QB prospects that has come out recently, and simply hasn't been given an honest chance. Rookie in 2007. Broke a finger in 2008 and was out for the season. 2009 Mangini wanted Derek Anderson as his QB (and we all know how that worked out for both guys). He's only played 14 games in his pro career and it's mainly been because of dipshit coaches/bad situations (Tebow Mania).

You guys forget how good this guy was in college:

That's the guy you draft in the first round as a QB. Experienced from a pro system, productive, hard worker, prototype size, etc.

He knows Crennel and Daboll's system. If Pioli is actually interested in winning games instead of continuing to support his (poor) decision in trading for Matt Cassel to be the starter, then Quinn should have every chance/probability of getting the job.

talk about homo-erotic...you just love players with big thighs

he's on a one year contract for a reason...he's a meatbag

Frosty 05-02-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8587336)
:) Almost. But he's black. No way he could have a similar game to Drew Brees. He'd have to be Michael Vick.

Didn't stop the Russell Wilson/ Drew Brees comparisons.

kcbubb 05-02-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8587380)
I don't care what he did 20 years ago in college, in the NFL he sucks ass. Stop pimping him, it's worse than the never ending pimping of an overrated LT prospect(s).

Here's Crennel's take on Quinn at his pro day in 07.

Crennel said Quinn clearly had zip on his passes.

"The fact he could make all his throws, both right and left, he's a polished quarterback," Crennel said. "He's smart. When you watch him on tape you can see he knows where to go with the ball. He will, at times, throw it away when he has to, so we think he's a good, young prospect."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2787845

I'm not saying that it is relevant today, but just pointing out the that Crennel may still like this guy. Probably not just a Pioli pickup.

I am hoping that he can pull off a resurrection similar to a Drew Brees. Brees sucked his first two years as a starter with the Chargers.

Bewbies 05-02-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 8587890)

"The fact he could make all his throws, both right and left, he's a polished quarterback," Crennel said. "He's smart. When you watch him on tape you can see he knows where to go with the ball. He will, at times, throw it away when he has to, so we think he's a good, young prospect."

I'm not saying that it is relevant today, but just pointing out the that Crennel may still like this guy. Probably not just a Pioli pickup.

I am hoping that he can pull off a resurrection similar to a Drew Brees. Brees sucked his first two years as a starter with the Chargers.

LMAO

Holy shit you people are ****ing reeruned.

the Talking Can 05-02-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 8587890)

Quinn's career is a mirror image of Brees'

if the mirror was shattered first

RealSNR 05-02-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8587594)
talk about homo-erotic...you just love players with big thighs

he's on a one year contract for a reason...he's a meatbag

LMAO

So you're saying put in Quinn as our H-back? Meatbags are usually perfect for that role.

BryanBusby 05-02-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8587205)
The Big XII is not known for defense.

Overall? No lol Compared to the SEC? Hell no.

Oklahoma and Texas could provide some form of a challenge. The Big East had no form of defense going on there.

kcbubb 05-02-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8587995)
LMAO

Holy shit you people are ****ing reeruned.

I said hoping. I don't think he has the ceiling of a guy like Brees. That was a poor comparison.

His potential could potentially be more like Schaub.

BossChief 05-02-2012 10:44 PM

Quinn is here to help integrating/teaching the offense and to keep the road to StanziMania that much shorter.

Bump 05-02-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8585281)
Cardinals - Need a QB
Bucs - Could need one if Freeman fails
Cowboys - I see Jones giving Romo one more year.
Chiefs - Obvious reasons
Jags - If Gabbert looks as bad as last year....they'll need one.
Texans - Isn't Schaub in the last year of his contract?
Ravens - If Flacco still hasn't signed.
Jets - For obvious reason.
Bills - For obvious reasons.

if Freeman fails, I'd be happy to take him here.

DaKCMan AP 05-03-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8590695)
if Freeman fails, I'd be happy to take him here.

Freeman really has no excuses this year with:
Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, Dezmon Briscoe at WR
Winslow at TE
Blount and Doug Martin at RB
An OL boosted with Carl Nicks.

The Bucs have made some really good moves to improve the team.

htismaqe 05-03-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8590479)
Quinn is here to help integrating/teaching the offense and to keep the road to StanziMania that much shorter.

I hope to all that is holy that you are right.

Saccopoo 05-03-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8590479)

Quinn's here to win a ****ing Super Bowl.

Book it.

The Franchise 05-03-2012 09:33 AM

I actually agree with Sacc on something......holy shit.