ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Killer aps for the iPhone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190700)

NewChief 09-30-2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5068633)
Anyone try facebook 2.0?

Damn fine application.

HUGE improvement over the previous version.

HC_Chief 09-30-2008 11:24 AM

FYI: new phonesaber out; still $0 :D

Fewer colors, but now you can choose saber based on character (5 diff from the new Star Wars game)

Fun, useless, geeky.

KCFalcon59 09-30-2008 03:58 PM

They really improved the facebook app. If you like to keep track of stocks and your 401K. Download the Bloomberg app. Nice app.

QuikSsurfer 10-14-2008 05:13 PM

Air Mouse is GREAT
I have a macbook hooked up to my living room TV and I can use my iphone as a mouse right from the couch. Left and right mouse buttons, scroll pad, and keyboard. This app works very well.

BWillie 10-14-2008 05:53 PM

Steve Jobs likes rainbows

NewChief 10-24-2008 12:15 PM

Shazam is possibly the coolest app I've ever seen. I have no clue of how it even works. Basically you launch it while a song is playing, and it will tell you title, artist, and album of the song. I listen to a lot of indy/college radio, and the DJs are bad about identifying song and artist. I can launch the app, and it takes about 10 seconds for the iPhone to tell me the info on the song.

I can't tell you how many times I hear songs out in public or on the TV or in a move, and I want to know who the song is by. Now I can use Shazam to find out. Very freaking cool.

The Rick 10-27-2008 09:19 AM

Google Earth iPhone app was just released today. Looks pretty nice.

NewChief 10-27-2008 09:51 AM

I want an app that finds the damned thing when it's stolen or lost. I lost my wife's yesterday. We think I set it on top of the car after we'd been on a trail. Within 30 minutes, it must have been found, becaues it had been turned off and was automatically going to the voicemail. :banghead:

Some bastard found it and knew what to do with it.

irishjayhawk 10-27-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5157398)
I want an app that finds the damned thing when it's stolen or lost. I lost my wife's yesterday. We think I set it on top of the car after we'd been on a trail. Within 30 minutes, it must have been found, becaues it had been turned off and was automatically going to the voicemail. :banghead:

Some bastard found it and knew what to do with it.

I hope you find it.

NewChief 10-27-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5158084)
I hope you find it.

We already bought a replacement, but we have 30 days when we can return the replacement if the old one shows up.

88TG88 10-27-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 5157285)
Google Earth iPhone app was just released today. Looks pretty nice.

meh, it's ok. Without streetview it's pretty much the same as the maps feature.

Marcellus 10-27-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5158214)
We already bought a replacement, but we have 30 days when we can return the replacement if the old one shows up.

Are the replacements $199? I dropped mine don a big set of tile and metal stairs at work today and put a small crack in the corner of it. Still works fine but the crack will drive me nuts.

NewChief 10-27-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 5159322)
Are the replacements $199? I dropped mine don a big set of tile and metal stairs at work today and put a small crack in the corner of it. Still works fine but the crack will drive me nuts.

Afraid not. $400 for a replacement, unless you're due an upgrade on your account. Our iPhone showed back up. Unfortunately it had fallen off the car and been run over. I'm supposed to go pick it up from the guy who found it tonight or tomorrow. It still works, but he said it isn't in good condition, heh. I'm going to see about a repair through the apple store, but I imagine that I'm about to have a very expensive paperweight in the near future.

If yours is a small crack, you might be able to get it fixed. I've read some reports of people having luck at the Genius Bar in their stores.

QuikSsurfer 10-30-2008 10:15 PM

Download the game "Trace" right now. It's free and on the "top 25 free" list in app store.

DaFace 10-31-2008 07:11 PM

I saw this on digg today:

Opera Browser Not Allowed in iPhone App Store

I've always been amazed at how Apple can simultaneously be so in tune in setting new boundaries for computing while simultaneously not "getting it" at all.