ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I watched the Miami Vice movie last night... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167203)

pikesome 08-06-2007 07:15 PM

I watched the Miami Vice movie last night...

Is it wrong that I kind of liked it? I wasn't a fan of the show, I was too young/interested in other things at the time so it's accuracy with respect to the show doesn't bother me. I thought it was well worth the rental and maybe even a movie ticket if I had gone when it came out.

KcMizzou 08-06-2007 07:35 PM

I've had the DVD for ages, and have never gotten around to watching it.

Sully 08-06-2007 07:52 PM

I love the movie. I love the style of filming, I think the acting was decent. The women were hot... the music badass...
Plus, Go Fast boats give me a semi...

I really enjoyed it.

pikesome 08-06-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
I love the movie. I love the style of filming, I think the acting was decent. The women were hot... the music badass...
Plus, Go Fast boats give me a semi...

I really enjoyed it.

That would probably been my review if I had typed one out. I enjoyed much more than I thought I would.

mikeyis4dcats. 08-06-2007 08:05 PM

I LOVED the shootout scene with the 50 cal. That gave me more than a semi

KcMizzou 08-06-2007 08:32 PM

Watching it now... you bastards.

Buehler445 08-06-2007 09:20 PM

I liked it. Not spectacular, but a solid flick. Colin Farrel (sp) needed some redemption after that Alexander flick he stunk up.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2007 09:22 PM

No need to feel guilty. Its an underrated flick. I think the reason it didnt go over so well is because its a much more gritty flick than the original TV show.

Michael Mann is one of the best..

noa 08-06-2007 10:09 PM

I love Michael Mann. Collateral was an amazing movie.

I hate Colin Farrell. I've only liked him in a very few roles.

I ended up feeling so-so about the movie. I think he spent too much time with Farrell and Gong Li. Her lines were difficult to understand because she doesn't speak English. Every line was transliterated for her. I don't think she understood everything she was saying and it showed.

pikesome 08-06-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa
I think he spent too much time with Farrell and Gong Li.

Hell, he could have had followed her around for 2 hours and I think I would have enjoyed it, she's real easy on the eyes.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa
I love Michael Mann. Collateral was an amazing movie.

I hate Colin Farrell. I've only liked him in a very few roles.

I ended up feeling so-so about the movie. I think he spent too much time with Farrell and Gong Li. Her lines were difficult to understand because she doesn't speak English. Every line was transliterated for her. I don't think she understood everything she was saying and it showed.

You know there are two cuts of the film. The theatrical version which is a few minutes shorter and the DVD directors cut.

Mann made a few changes like the opening of the movie with the boats. The original movie just started right in with the club and cool Linkin Park song.

noa 08-06-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
You know there are two cuts of the film. The theatrical version which is a few minutes shorter and the DVD directors cut.

Mann made a few changes like the opening of the movie with the boats. The original movie just started right in with the club and cool Linkin Park song.

Yeah. When I walked out of the theater, I liked it, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much better it could have been. I think if he took out some of that Farrell/Gong Li love story, he could have fit in more action, which is really what it was about. His movies deal with what it is to be a man. Does what you do define you? And when he spends all this time with lovey dovey sex in the shower, I think it goes for the cheap route, rather than exploring more of the character through his job. But I should definitely watch it again to see if I like it more.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa
Yeah. When I walked out of the theater, I liked it, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much better it could have been. I think if he took out some of that Farrell/Gong Li love story, he could have fit in more action, which is really what it was about. His movies deal with what it is to be a man. Does what you do define you? And when he spends all this time with lovey dovey sex in the shower, I think it goes for the cheap route, rather than exploring more of the character through his job. But I should definitely watch it again to see if I like it more.

Agreed. Its not Mann's best, (which is understandably high) but its still tons better than most of the multiplex crap that comes out most weeks.