ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Fisher + Alex OR Fisher + Geno (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272524)

ChiefsCountry 04-26-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9631711)
There has to be some kind of huge red flag that every team is seeing in order to have EJ Manual be the first QB off the board.

Judging by the teams that need quarterbacks and passed on them, they are the teams that aren't sharpest tools in the shed to begin with.

Bump 04-26-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9631726)
Seriously.

This is the poll you decided to start.

Seriously.

seriously

Halfcan 04-26-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

There has to be some kind of huge red flag that every team is seeing in order to have EJ Manual be the first QB off the board.

:thumb:

Maybe his workouts? What a freefall. From a potential 1-5 pick to maybe 2nd rounder.

Sorter 04-26-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

If he's not taken very early in the 2nd, then I agree and would probably avoid entirely.

There are a few reasons why I could see the Bills liking Manuel more.

ChiefsCountry 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631737)
There are a few reasons why I could see the Bills liking Manuel more.

Arm strength to play at Rich Stadium with the winds they get, would be the big reason.

Bump 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

I hear people talking about Geno's character issues. But what are they? I have never seen questionable character concerns out of him. unless he hides it well or something.

NorthernWV 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9631736)
:thumb:

Maybe his workouts? What a freefall. From a potential 1-5 pick to maybe 2nd rounder.

??????? Did you even pay attention this offseason at all???? His workouts (at the time) supposedly solidified him as the best QB...the combine everyone was talking about Geno and his proday "made people gasp"...I'm guessing its his pouting thats off-putting to teams

Nightfyre 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

The real question is: What does it say about Nassib that he was passed over for EJ Manuel by his own college coach?

Sorter 04-26-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9631732)
Judging by the teams that need quarterbacks and passed on them, they are the teams that aren't sharpest tools in the shed to begin with.

I think they are all hoping to pull a 2010 Bengals/49ers in which they got their higher rated player and potential QBOTF early in the 2nd.

I don't think it means they hate this QB class. I suppose we'll have to wait until this round. If all those QBs fly off the board though, then I think that's what the philosophy was behind the lack of QBs in the first.

keg in kc 04-26-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9631745)
I hear people talking about Geno's character issues. But what are they? I have never seen questionable character concerns out of him. unless he hides it well or something.

I don't know of any, either, but traditionally when there's a slide like this and there isn't a glaring physical attribute that explains it (e.g. brees or wilson) it's a character-related thing.

Bump 04-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9631747)
The real question is: What does it say about Nassib that he was passed over for EJ Manuel by his own college coach?

it certainly says something.

crazycoffey 04-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9631747)

The real question is why are we still talking about Gino smeth?

hometeam 04-26-2013 01:08 PM

Alex Smith is ****ing terrible. Fact.

Deberg_1990 04-26-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9631745)

Whitlock claims he reached out to Nawrocki to defend his Geno scouting report but Nawrocki never answered back

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...gutless-042413

This year, Nawrocki penned a scathing review of Geno Smith’s prospects, touching off another round of controversy and cries of racial bias. Intrigued by his work, three weeks ago I asked Nawrocki to appear on my podcast and discuss his polarizing work. Here is his email response:

Jason,

Really appreciate the interest. You do a great job covering complex subjects.

The scouting report was based on extensive evaluation and research, and I stand by it in its entirety. I prefer to let it speak for itself. Anyone that examines Smith’s character closely will learn that everything written in the report can be thoroughly substantiated.

Best,
Nolan

Here is the response I wrote back to Nawrocki:

Come on, Nolan. I tend to think your info is accurate. The report does speak for itself. But why can't you speak for Nolan. People want to know who you are, where you came from, what your playing, coaching, scouting experience are. The interview would be very respectful.

I've written tough things about a lot of athletes. I trashed Vince Young before his draft. But I'm never afraid to come out and defend myself, my work and my information. Hiding is the only thing that could undermine your credibility.

It doesn't have to be with me, but you should consent to an interview with somebody.

Thanks for the consideration,

Jason

I never heard back from Nolan Nawrocki.

Buckweath 04-26-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernWV (Post 9631731)
Bills are only ones that saw it

Yeah exactly, that we know.