ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Eat This in Rememberance of Me... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277049)

gblowfish 10-05-2013 09:46 AM

Eat This in Rememberance of Me...

And the host is juicy and delicious!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...s-Recipes.html

What was supposed to be an average monthly special for Kuma's Corner, a heavy-metal-themed Chicago burger joint, has turned into much more than the restaurant bargained for because they chose to garnish with a communion wafer.

The Ghost burger, honoring the Swedish metal band of the same name, is a 10-ounce beef patty topped with braised goat shoulder, aged white cheddar, ghost chili aioli, and a red wine reduction. Nothing too controversial, except for the addition of an unconsecrated communion wafer - essentially a cracker with a decorative cross - which has sparked thousands of reactions, positive and negative, across Facebook.

Luke Tobias, director of operations at Kuma's Corner, said he is baffled by it all.

"We didn't expect this reaction. Apparently, today, someone's coming out to do a rosary prayer over our restaurant," Tobias said. "We've done plenty of burgers named after fairly controversial bands in the past to seemingly no visible effect. It's based on a band, just like every other burger on our menu."

Longtime customer Jamie Trecker agreed that the burger was no big deal.
"Over the years, Kuma's has done a lot of things with their food that has pushed the envelope both in terms of what people consider good taste and, also, actual taste," Trecker said. "Is there an aspect [of this one] that people might find offensive? Sure, if you don't have a sense of humor."

The Rev. Emily Mellott, rector of nearby Calvary Episcopal Church in Lombard, Ill., believes the burger crosses the line.

"The root of this burger is a mockery of one of the most important symbols of the Christian faith," Mellott said. "If the owner of the restaurant were a member of my congregation, I'd tell him to withdraw the burger immediately."

Available through the end of October, Kuma's plans to keep selling its special.
"We've sold a couple hundred so far and started it four days ago. We're not taking it off the menu," Tobias said. "We're in the business of selling hamburgers. We're not trying to upset anybody, but we also support what this band does and think they're good. It made sense to do something honoring them."

As for the actual burger?

"It's delicious!" Trecker said. "I'm taking my father here on Tuesday."

Rasputin 10-05-2013 09:52 AM

I bet that burger is hot and need that wafer or you will burn in hell.

Cephalic Trauma 10-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10048318)
I bet that burger is hot and need that wafer or you will burn in hell.

/bignastykcnut

FYP

stevieray 10-05-2013 10:03 AM

I thought for sure this was a LJS thread.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2013 10:03 AM

someone's coming out to do a rosary prayer over our restaurant,

People are batshit crazy lol

BlackHelicopters 10-05-2013 10:04 AM

Is this a Thig thread?

Cephalic Trauma 10-05-2013 10:05 AM

Just need to down this with a nice glass fecal matter holy water.

SLAG 10-05-2013 10:07 AM

As a Staunch Catholic - I see no problem with this

ILChief 10-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10048338)
Is this a Thig thread?

That's what I thought. I was like he's back

J Diddy 10-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10048337)
someone's coming out to do a rosary prayer over our restaurant,

People are batshit crazy lol

I had a friend who worked in a cereal packing plant that made Kosher cereals. Once a month they had a rabbi in there blessing their cocoa puffs. True story.

ILChief 10-05-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10048338)
Is this a Thig thread?

How funny would it have been if he posted this thread title and it was a picture of a dick?

J Diddy 10-05-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10048383)
How funny would it have been if he posted this thread title and it was a picture of a dick?

Blowfish isn't a big fan of dicks. In fact he hasn't seen his in about 20 years.

ILChief 10-05-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10048390)
Blowfish isn't a big fan of dicks. In fact he hasn't seen his in about 20 years.

No I meant if thig had posted it

gblowfish 10-05-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10048390)

Ok, this reminds me of a joke.

This guy is getting dressed in the YMCA locker room. Big fat guy gets out of the shower and starts to get dressed too.

The first guy says "Damn man....when's the last time you saw your johnson?"

Fat guy says "Hmmmm.....been a long time."

First guy says "Well, why don't you diet?"

Fat guy says "Why, what color is it now?"

Cephalic Trauma 10-05-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10048383)

ROFLROFL