ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 06:07 AM

Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure"

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9...chiefs-offense

some numbers to chew on from arrowhead pride

Quote:

The Chiefs are actually 12th in the league in PPG, at 23.7. But if you take away the 14 points the defense is directly responsible for, that number drops to 19 PPG, which would be tied for 23rd - with the Raiders. The Chiefs are relying on the defense to score points, which isn't good. Defensive scoring is random and shouldn't be part of the game plan. They didn't need Tamba Hali's pick-6 to beat the Jaguars, but they did need Eric Berry's against the Eagles.

They also are just not moving the ball; their 333 yds/gm is 21st in the league and their 4.9 yds/play ranks 25th. "Well Kyle," you may ask, " if the Chiefs offense is so bad, how are they undefeated this year?" That's an excellent question, thank you for asking. The answer is that the defense and special teams are much, much better than we thought.
Quote:

The problem the Chiefs are having is getting to the Red Zone in the first place. They're 30th in yards per drive, with only Tampa Bay and Jacksonville behind them, and Cleveland directly in front of them (not good company to be in). This is a really, really bad offense. But here's the real kicker: the Chiefs' offense has the best starting field position in the NFL this year, and still can't score.
Quote:

The Chiefs average 17 yards per drive better field position than their opponents (ok, ok, 16.95), the best mark in the NFL (2nd table). Only two other teams average more than 10 yards better starting field position than their opponents (New England and Chicago). The Chiefs' average starting line of scrimmage (LOS) is their own 36.97 yard line (best in the NFL), while their opponents average starting LOS is their own 20.02 yard line (also best in the NFL). What all of that means is the Chiefs's offense is handed consistently great starting field position and can't do anything with it, then they let the special teams pin opponents deep in their own territory. The defense bails out the offense by not letting opponents move the ball, giving the offense the ball back with great starting field position. Lather, rinse, repeat.
There's a nice breakdown of our defense against philly over there as well:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/2...p-kelly-eagles

Quote:

I have to reiterate and emphasize just how much the Chiefs played man to man -- like a ton of it. And they have the secondary to handle it, unlike most teams in the NFL. Specifically, they matched up Sean Smith on Cooper a lot on the outside. If this had been a prize fight, Cooper's corner would have thrown in the towel somewhere around the middle of the second quarter. Smith owned him right up until the end of the game when he started cramping up. Cooper just couldn't shake him, especially on those aforementioned deep routes Kelly had him running all game.

BlackHelicopters 09-26-2013 06:09 AM

Water is wet.

Marcellus 09-26-2013 06:16 AM

3rd and short is a huge issue.

If I remember correctly we converted on 3rd and long 3 times and failed to convert 3 times on 3rd and 2 or less last week.

loochy 09-26-2013 06:18 AM

NO THATS JUST ALEX SMITH BEING EFFICIENT

IF THE DEFENDING IS GOOD THEN THE OFFENSE IS SUPPOSED TO SUCK

ANDY REID VANILLA OFFENSE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE AWAY SUPER TOP SECRET PLAYS

/Smith Homer dumbasses

Ceej 09-26-2013 06:19 AM

Give the ****ing ball to Jamaal.

007 09-26-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10020485)

/Smith Homer dumbasses

nice ROFL

Imon Yourside 09-26-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020487)
Give the ****ing ball to Jamaal.

We do, the line can't run block until late in the game though.

KCUnited 09-26-2013 06:44 AM

I think you have to remove the 2nd half offense numbers in JAX when we clearly took our foot off the throttle.

TheUte 09-26-2013 06:56 AM

0 for 3 on 3rd and 1.

whoman69 09-26-2013 07:05 AM

I guess it goes to show that even if your offense sucks, if you don't turn the ball over you have a chance. Two things can fix the offense quickly. Convert on 3rd down and occasionally take a shot downfield to open the field.

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 07:06 AM

3-0!

22-5-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being concerned about the offensive performance and skeptical this blueprint is good enough to stand up to other playoff teams is just being alarmist!

Brock 09-26-2013 07:06 AM

Can't we just be happy about 3-0

FlaChief58 09-26-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10020544)

Are you new here?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

I thought we'd be competitive this year with Alex because he doesn't turn it over.

I think the groaning is from those with unrealistic expectations from our QB. He is what he is.

blaise 09-26-2013 07:10 AM

"Oh, good. They finally threw to Bowe. Oh, he dropped it."

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 07:10 AM

gee, I dint know that /anti smiff-ers

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:11 AM

If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

Lex Luthor 09-26-2013 07:14 AM

Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0. Last week the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, yet we only had a 10 point lead. I was sure we were going to lose that game up until the 5:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Having said all of that, I'm still pretty damn happy with the job Andy Reid has done with this team. I think the offense will get better, and I like wondering how the hell this team is 3-0 a hell of a lot better than the shit we've been fed for nearly a decade.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10020556)
But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

I wouldn't say the whole line has been $#itty.

I really like Albert's play. Big John and Hudson have been good with bad moments.

I'm not sold on our other 2...

crossbow 09-26-2013 07:16 AM

Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

Dave Lane 09-26-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020547)
I thought we'd be competitive this year with Alex because he doesn't turn it over.

I think the groaning is from those with unrealistic expectations from our QB. He is what he is.

Yup very mediocre. I do think its possible Andy Reid will succeed in getting him into the hall of mediocre. Alex is THAT good at it.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

/Smith Homer dumbasses

LMAO

Nailed it.

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020562)

I really like Albert's play. Big John and Hudson have been good with bad moments.

Will Shields was on 610 yesterday ripping the OL and specifically called Albert out.

He concluded they need to work as a unit in this offensive scheme.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 10020565)
Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

Very true. KC has been very fortunate in their field position, thanks to the K/P returns and defensive turnovers.

( 1st in the league!!!! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats )

Now, I ask ya.. is the offense to be punished by you because they haven't had to do more? haven't had to travel 80 yards down the field every drive?

No one is deluding themselves into thinking this offense is remarkable and running on all cylinders. They are just being realistic in accepting that the new system will take time to get into top gear... particularly the OL.. which IS ranked 7th worst so far in pass pro. The run blocking is ranked 5th best... but I think we all see issues there, and then factor in the QB's run yards to help that number.

Dave Lane 09-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020562)

Need to draft moar OL. Cuz drafting a QB is risky. Sometimes they take like a year or something to get good. OL dominate from the very beginning.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020570)
Will Shields was on 610 yesterday ripping the OL and specifically called Albert out.

He'd know better than me.

2/5ths of this line is new. The offense is new to all of them.

I expect the line as a whole to play better as the season goes on...

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020570)

Oh what does he know about OL play?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10020576)
Need to draft moar OL. Cuz drafting a QB is risky. Sometimes they take like a year or something to get good. OL dominate from the very beginning.

Completely disagree. After we go 10-7 and get face raped in our 1st playoff game we need to trade up and get a solid 3-technique to replace Tyson Jackson (who we'll cut to sign a new FB and TE in free agency...)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-26-2013 07:23 AM

There's just no way this team escapes a 3 or 4 game losing streak at some point. It's unfortunate, but the offense is that bad.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020581)
Oh what does he know about OL play?

He didn't have to grease his jersey or block at the knees to make the HOF...

Bearcat 09-26-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

/Smith Homer dumbasses

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10020543)
3-0!

22-5-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being concerned about the offensive performance and skeptical this blueprint is good enough to stand up to other playoff teams is just being alarmist!

I love you guys. LMAO

(no homo)

(nttawwt)

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

If you take away all defensive scores, the Chiefs would be tied with the Bills for 19th in the league in points per game.

The Chiefs have scored more defensive touchdowns than everyone except for the Bears (who would still score more PPG even subtracting 21 from their total than the Chiefs are scoring WITH their defensive TDs), the Cowboys (also 2, also would still rank higher than KC by quite a lot), and the Redskins (also 2).

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 10020584)
There's just no way this team escapes a 3 or 4 game losing streak at some point. It's unfortunate, but the offense is that bad.

I doubt that.

I think we'll start 4-0 and then finish 6-6.

10-6, road playoff game, lose by about 13 pts.

Better than I expected and good enough to sell the team on the Dorsey/Phat Andy rebuild...

Strongside 09-26-2013 07:25 AM

We have Denver right where we want them.

FRCDFED 09-26-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020572)
The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

With this being said, the times the offense has been needed to convert on 3rd and short they have not been effective. The OL clearly has to improve and if they are able to, then I would expect us to completely dominate the TOP thus improving our chances even more to be successful.

chop 09-26-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 10020565)

I agree. AS needs his TEs. I think (hope) the offense is going to improve once they are able to get out on the field.

Strongside 09-26-2013 07:27 AM

...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020596)
...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

for real. :thumb:

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020586)
He didn't have to grease his jersey or block at the knees to make the HOF...

"Be a whole lot cooler if you did"/McConahey

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020592)
We have Denver right where we want them.

"Say when"/Doc

KCUnited 09-26-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

I tailgate before church because my fandom is just like real life.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:32 AM

C'mon guys, this new offensive system takes time to learn.

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

Braincase 09-26-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10020602)
Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020607)

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10020593)
I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

I don't.

Quote:

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

The problem with playing scared (playoff Martyball) is you allow inferior teams to stay in the game. Even bad teams can luck into 10 pts. Being 10 pts down with more than 8 minutes to in the 4th allows a team to stay balanced on offense.

20 down with 8 to go and you have no option but to become one dimensional and predictable (helping the defense to preserve the lead.)

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 07:35 AM

i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020607)

... and how are their defenses doing? Is there defense stopping teams to 11.3 pts per game? Hmmm let's take a look...

KC - 11.3 pts per game allowed.
CH - 24.7 pts per game allowed.
SD - 27 pts per game allowed.
PH - 28.7 pts per game allowed.

Something very different here... wonder what it could be? Maybe thsoe other teams are forced into getting back from bigger deficits? Hmm.....

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10020614)
i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

With this being said, the times the offense has been needed to convert on 3rd and short they have not been effective. The OL clearly has to improve and if they are able to, then I would expect us to completely dominate the TOP thus improving our chances even more to be successful.

I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

tredadda 09-26-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

This team could have the 16-0 Patriots offense and the 1985 Bears defense and some on here would still find something to complain about.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

I have complete control over my life.

I only have any (however insignificant) control over the Chiefs when they play at home and I attend a game.

Also, keep in mind these "cynical, jaded mother****ers on here" created a web site, FB account, and paid money to fly banners to pressure change.

And change came...

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020574)
Very true. KC has been very fortunate in their field position, thanks to the K/P returns and defensive turnovers.

( 1st in the league!!!! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats )

Now, I ask ya.. is the offense to be punished by you because they haven't had to do more? haven't had to travel 80 yards down the field every drive?

Thats impossible to determine. Of course it deprives the offense the possibility of more yardage on TD drives though.

No one is deluding themselves into thinking this offense is remarkable and running on all cylinders. They are just being realistic in accepting that the new system will take time to get into top gear... particularly the OL.. which IS ranked 7th worst so far in pass pro. The run blocking is ranked 5th best... but I think we all see issues there, and then factor in the QB's run yards to help that number.

5th best in run blocking seems generous but it is what it is.

FRCDFED 09-26-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020613)
I don't.

The problem with playing scared (playoff Martyball) is you allow inferior teams to stay in the game. Even bad teams can luck into 10 pts. Being 10 pts down with more than 8 minutes to in the 4th allows a team to stay balanced on offense.

20 down with 8 to go and you have no option but to become one dimensional and predictable (helping the defense to preserve the lead.)

I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020619)
I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

Yep. he also had QB's that could throw past 10 yards.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10020602)

LMAO He was being sarcastic and mocking some fans.

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10020608)

Indeed, but this place will be a fun read after our first loss.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10020623)
5th best in run blocking seems generous but it is what it is.

I agree, but I really think they added in Alex's runs... add in JC's 55 yds to Alex's 57 yds on a 7.1 yards per carry in week 2? Guess that makes a big difference on this run ranking.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020611)
....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10020608)

I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10020627)
Yep. he also had QB's that could throw past 10 yards.

Welp, that's on him.

He hand-picked the guy who won't throw downfield.

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020628)
LMAO He was being sarcastic and mocking some fans.

Nooooooo :)

tredadda 09-26-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020634)
I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

I would rather just win.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10020614)

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY WITH 3-0?

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10020626)
I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

You think Reid wouldn't get massive heat for that?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10020626)

Smith is a logical guy.

He locates the easiest completion with lowest risk.

He completes the pass.

He moves on to the next down.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10020589)
If you take away all defensive scores, the Chiefs would be tied with the Bills for 19th in the league in points per game.

Yeah, that seems realistic. Better than 23rd but not much better. I gotta believe the o-line performance will improve and its great that we are getting wins while still going thru growing pains.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020615)
... and how are their defenses doing? Is there defense stopping teams to 11.3 pts per game? Hmmm let's take a look...

KC - 11.3 pts per game allowed.
CH - 24.7 pts per game allowed.
SD - 27 pts per game allowed.
PH - 28.7 pts per game allowed.

Something very different here... wonder what it could be? Maybe thsoe other teams are forced into getting back from bigger deficits? Hmm.....

What ya got, BigMouth58? nothing to say?

dirk digler 09-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020635)
Welp, that's on him.

He hand-picked the guy who won't throw downfield.

I agree and I don't quite understand it.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020640)
I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

Playing football is dangerous.

You still play until the final whistle...

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10020645)
I agree and I don't quite understand it.

I do, I just don't agree with it...

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020642)
Smith is a logical guy.

He locates the easiest completion with lowest risk.

He completes the pass.

He moves on to the next down.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

actually, so far, he's made the play asked of him only 53% of the time... :(

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10020638)
I would rather just win.

It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about. I'd like to see a 14 point plus beatdown of the Giants this week.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020647)
Playing football is dangerous.

You still play until the final whistle...

You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020644)
What ya got, BigMouth58? nothing to say?

Why argue with you?

You're just going to make more excuses.

To think that offenses only score what they need to score is one of the single dumbest arguments I've ever read in 8 years here.

Using your batshit insane logic, the Broncos should be taking their foot of the pedal at 24 points. They are giving up 23.

Instead, they are scoring 43 a game.

Why?

Because they can, and because teams don't just quit scoring in close games because they feel they have all the points they need.

Do you keep a book full of these excuses?

Or have you used them all so many times you've committed them to memory?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020649)
actually, so far, he's made the play asked of him only 53% of the time... :(

Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

taterhog 09-26-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020640)

You mean Bowe's not injured? Huh. I remember seeing him hug Andy after the Gatorade shower, but between the opening kickoff and that, I don't remember seeing him much. He must have been on when I was grabbing a beer.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020651)
You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

If you're up by 21 pts with 8 minutes left.

If the other team still has a legit shot to win (14 down with 8 left) you better not let up...

Ceej 09-26-2013 07:56 AM

Some people on here would bitch if we managed to win the Super Bowl 77-0.