ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159157)

go bo 03-04-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Until we know what kind of money he got, there's no reason to complain about this move.

Was anybody complaining about signing Chris Terry? We just got another team's STARTING LT, and if it was CHEAP, it was worth it.

I don't care how bad he might be, NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE was worse than Jordan Black last season.

NOBODY.

you know, i almost bought a jordan black chiefs jersey instead of bo...

whew...

KC56DJ 03-04-2007 08:55 PM

"But trying to argue he's top 3 and better than Julius Peppers is just moronic."

Name two others, other than peppers that are better than him, ill give u will smith

an i think mcintosh will be a good move, with waters right next to him he will do just fine

milkman 03-04-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC56DJ
"But trying to argue he's top 3 and better than Julius Peppers is just moronic."

Name two others, other than peppers that are better than him, ill give u will smith

an i think mcintosh will be a good move, with waters right next to him he will do just fine

Real quick, just off the top of my head, Dwight Freeny and Michael Strahan.

Mecca 03-04-2007 09:39 PM

Jason Taylor......

KC56DJ 03-04-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman

I'll agree with strahan, but freeney is a one dimensional player who runs str8 up field an then turns an hopes his secondary is covering still, its how he gets all his sacks, people who play Ol know what to do with him an it showed this year, "if he wants to run up field let him jus shield him" famous quote from my coach my whole life i played, so i will agree with strahan but no way will i agree with freeney

HMc 03-04-2007 09:58 PM

Dolphins signed this guy to a 6 year Deal in '04 then released him this time last year only to sign him again not long later to a one year deal.i don't get that.

TRR 03-04-2007 10:00 PM

I've talked with and read a lot about McIntosh the last two days on Miami message boards. Say what you will, but Miami fans have obviously seen DMac play a lot more than we have. The low-down...

McIntosh is a punishing blocker in the running game, and solid in the passing game. Not Willie Roaf, but light years ahead of Jordan Black. Most Dolphins fans were sad to see DMac go. Most said he was an anchor on the left side, and they were a lot better with him at LT than they were with him at RG. They're not weeping about him leaving, but definitely would have rather seen him stay than go.

HMc 03-04-2007 10:01 PM

Why does Derrick Burgess never get a mention when premier DEs is the topic?

KC56DJ 03-04-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
Why does Derrick Burgess never get a mention when premier DEs is the topic?

good point, why does Kampmann not get any mention cuz i think fundamentally he is really good

Frankie 03-05-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
I want to feel milkman deep inside of me.

:eek:

Brock 03-05-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman

Strahan maybe 3 years ago.

Frankie 03-05-2007 09:53 AM

Bottom line:

In a market that there's no "good" signing possible, an "OK" signing, in a position of need, is a "good" signing.

Now, back to your regular programming.

Iowanian 03-05-2007 12:25 PM

I'm chiming in for the record that I think this was a decent signing.

he can play either Tackle position or Guard in a pinch. This helps the Chiefs fill a known hole,while waiting to see if they have to replace Black, Wiegeman and Shields.....thats 3 holes to fill potentially of 5.

This gives the Chiefs flexibility in the draft so as to not HAVE to take an OT in the first round, but if a good one is available, flexiblity on the Oline.

The Chiefs can't bring in enough Olinemen this year. the Only "known" on the Oline going into 2007 is Brian Waters at LG. That leaves unknowns at LT, OC, RG and RT.

Potential roster losses of Turley, Black, Wiegeman and Shields, and maybe Welbourne don't give the Chiefs many options BUT to shop for Oline.

Considering I assumed they'd settle for Mike Gandy....this is a nice surprise.

Frankie 03-05-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
You haven't seen some of these Dolphins O Lines over the last few years. One of those years, mmm....2004 maybe? they seriously had the absolute worst offensive line I've ever seen fielded by an NFL team. They were a double threat -- couldn't run and couldn't protect the QB.

I do think the pathetic OLine up there contributed to Ricky Williams "retirement" fiasco, along with his drug situation of course.

I've seen McIntosh and he's not going to remind you guys of any of the studs you've had on OLine the last few years, let me say that.

even one weak link can turn a very good O-line into a bad one. We had a terrible O-line last year. That doesn't mean waters is a bad O-lineman. Your case against MacIntosh here is seriously flawed.

Frankie 03-05-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
He looks ALOT like Roaf. I couldn't ignore how similar his body looked. I wonder if he walks with a limp? :hmmm:

If he does walk with a limp, we are Superbowl bound. PBJ