ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Have you ever won anything? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137814)

Dunit35 03-23-2006 03:34 PM

My buddy won a shot at kicking a 35 yard FG in a high school football game. We were 14 and he was our extra pointer kicker in junior high. We bought several tickets and got our # called and he lined up and hit it between the uprights. He won a big savings bond.

Nzoner 03-23-2006 06:02 PM

I won numerous dance contests back in my teens and 20's,one of them netted me a pair of tickets to see Berlin and The Thompson Twins concert.

I was doing last minute Christmas shopping one year at Venture and they were having a promotion where every 100th customer got their cart of stuff free.I had a little over $300 worth of stuff that I won.

I won a 19" color tv(just what I needed) at my 20th high school reunion on a raffle.

I've won 8 of those giant stuffed animals at Worlds Of Fun(I consider it winning because I've never had to pay near what one would normally cost)on the softball in the milkcan game.

Skip Towne 03-23-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I was in wheat country, and I couldn't pass the aptitude test to get a wheat job.

The aptitude test was:

1. Lift a bale over your head in 95 degree heat and 90 percent humidity in the blazing sun.

2. Do it 500 more times.

Part 2 was the one that tripped me up.

Baled wheat? You are a city boy aren't you?

|Zach| 03-23-2006 06:57 PM

$7,142 playing bingo when I was on a cruise. I was 16 or 17.

Frazod 03-23-2006 07:04 PM

I have won:

Concert tickets from the radio, on two occasions. The first was to see Ronnie Milsap, Tammy Wynette and the Statler Brothers at the Jeff City High School Field House when I was a kid. The second was to see Damn Yankees, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Poison at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin when I was somewhat older.

Sort of looks odd listing these performers together in the same paragraph, doesn't it? :hmmm:

But the best was winning $250 cash in a raffle on my ship the night before we pulled into Rio de Janeiro when I was 19. And I spent every last cent of it on booze and hookers. :thumb:

Rain Man 03-23-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Baled wheat? You are a city boy aren't you?

Well, to be honest, they wouldn't let me near the wheat. I only took the aptitude test for the hay part.

Valiant 03-23-2006 07:11 PM

I picked all the correct numbers to a lottery when is 16.. Would have won 25k, parents about killed me... Closest I have come in the MO. lotto is three numbers...

InChiefsHeaven 03-24-2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Ummm....Mutual of Omaha?

What do I win?

No fair, you live here so you cheated.

heheheh...

Dig your Av btw! Awesome!

InChiefsHeaven 03-24-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A!
Was that the game that was to lock up home field advantage, and Vanover returned the opening kick to the house?

That was a great game. After the kickoff, nobody sat down or stopped yelling for 15 min straight.

Man, this sounds lame but I honestly don't remember. It was in like '95 I think. Too much beer I guess... :doh!:

58-4ever 03-24-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Like a raffle, lottery or a radio contest. I haven't.

That's a long time to go without winning anything Skip. I don't know if this counts, but I won 15 dollars playing powerball Wednesday.

InChiefsHeaven 03-24-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever
That's a long time to go without winning anything Skip. I don't know if this counts, but I won 15 dollars playing powerball Wednesday.

My wife does the lottery pool at work. About 2 years ago, they got 4 numbers and the powerball. Worth 5000.00. Of course after taxes and splitting it like 20 ways, she got 300.oo or so. The worst part is, they were ONE DIGIT OFF from having the whole enchilada. I felt sick the whole day. The payout would have been like 3.5 million and my ass would be retired right now. One digit off...

...of course, I still buy lottery tickets, even though lightning will never strike twice. I think that's as close as we'll ever get to the jackpot.

kepp 03-24-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy1220
Played American Legion Ball when I was a kid, and won an opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a KC Royals game. When I got to the game, I found out that I wasn't the only winner....there were like 10 other Legion ballplayers from around Kansas. We drew numbers to see who got to actually throw the ball, and I lost. I got to walk out to the pitcher's mound...big woop. Did meet Bret Saberhagen that day though.

Troy

Ouch, what a let down. It'd be cool to go to the mound and all, but when you thought you were going to throw the first pitch...

Iron Chef 03-24-2006 09:54 AM

About 3 years ago I won a Nintendo advance from McDonald’s Monopoly game. A few weeks later I got it in the mail. A few day later they sent me a 2nd one. That was nice of them.

TEX 03-24-2006 11:31 AM

Back in '85 I won a blue Toyota SR5 4 X 4 pickup when my key, which I had won from a local radio station, started the truck. All I had to play were the taxes.

sedated 03-24-2006 11:42 AM

I picked the right girl at the end of a long friday night and won myself some crabs