ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299772)

notorious 05-08-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 12221631)
Don't feel too bad, our AD is a KSU sleeper agent.

Don't feel too bad yourself. As soon as Snyder retires it won't matter who the AD is a KSU.

A sleeper agent might help them.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2016 05:49 PM

How hilarious would it be to get paid to destroy a program you despise

Squalor2 05-08-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12221736)
Don't feel too bad yourself. As soon as Snyder retires it won't matter who the AD is a KSU.

A sleeper agent might help them.

i thought this was mizzou

Prison Bitch 05-08-2016 07:50 PM

Not trying to be mean, but does this person really deserve his own thread?

BryanBusby 05-08-2016 07:55 PM

Yeah because CP is so active in May.

shut up

Jerm 05-09-2016 06:21 AM

Maybe we should've went to the Big 10 instead LOL...all jokes aside, what a disaster and disarray this university is in from top to bottom.

No leadership from the new AD who already comes off as more of a bag man than Alden...questionable hires and mind boggling decisions within the athletics dept.

These are the dark days and I don't foresee getting better any time soon...

Sully 05-09-2016 06:48 AM

I can't for the life of me figure out why people are so down on the football hire. It was, as far as I can tell, the 2nd choice, but the first choice was never going to come, anyway. I like the guy, and I really like the way he has put his staff together.

Discuss Thrower 05-09-2016 09:22 AM

Play stupid games (lose control of the BLM/CS1950 issue, hire and support academics like Melissa Click), win stupid prizes (sizable drop in enrollment and subsequent loss of tuition dollars, struggle to attract quality hires for open positions).

duncan_idaho 05-09-2016 09:26 AM

Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster

From what I can gather, the AD began an investigation of the softball program after a parent of a player sent an email notifying the AD of common complaints by the players.

This isn't an out-of-the-blue thing. It was prompted by the players themselves. They don't like the direction it's headed, that's fine, but they started it.

It's not like the AD could have ignored it, either. Then you run the risk of ending up on ESPN Between the Lines again, this time for ignoring abuses inside a program.

I'm not a huge Rhoades fan - his decisions to sit pat on both Jamieson and Kermit Anderson are frustrating as hell. But I don't view the football hire as a botched hire. He wanted Herman, Fuente or Odom. Herman took a while to say, for sure, no, so he stalled for time by interviewing guys who were never real candidates.

He tried to hire a new basketball coach this spring and couldn't get a guy he thought was an obvious, instant upgrade to say yes. I would fire Kermit tomorrow and hire COMOChief as the new Mizzou hoops coach and be confident it wouldn't get worse... But I also don't have to deal with keeping boosters happy...

And the uproar from firing "their" guy after just two years and replacing him with someone who isn't a splash hire would be fairly significant.

I would still pull the plug and try to start over (and count on not being an embarrassing shit show of a program to bring people back faster than giving a "fair shake" to a completely unqualified guy). But that, as I understand, is why something didn't happen this year.

If he botches the hoops hire next year, the optimism I had will be gone. But this thing is not close to enough to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seamonster 05-09-2016 09:58 AM

Just sounds like petulant softball playing females sent cowardly letters to their coaches bosses (because they didn't get their way) and the admin staff has to give in or get pulled back into the liberal media firestorm. Kids in universities act like pampered animals with zero integrity or imagination. The big thing that separates animals from humans is comprehension and thinking beyond oneself (was the only way human civilization matured) and that's sadly something lost on this current generation of savages and back stabbers.

Sully 05-09-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 12222365)
The big thing that separates animals from humans is comprehension and thinking beyond oneself (was the only way human civilization matured) and that's sadly something lost on this current generation of savages and back stabbers.

- Signed, Every generation, ever.

ChiefsCountry 05-09-2016 10:20 AM

Earlywine is a raging **** in the Todd Haley mode, but he is a winner. If he was the football or basketball coach with his success, it would be water under the bridge for him being a ****.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-09-2016 11:29 AM

Rhoades should have kept everything above board, stressing to the staff and players that they just wanted to perform due diligence.

BryanBusby 05-09-2016 03:30 PM

Barry Odom was your last ditch effort when closing time hit, so you could get something that resembled vagina over beating your meat before bed. He couldn't get who he really wanted.

And Kermit absolutely had to go, even if you couldn't land your top choice. He's literal cancer to the hoops program and you just can't afford to let him destroy it for another year.

duncan_idaho 05-09-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12222957)
Barry Odom was your last ditch effort when closing time hit, so you could get something that resembled vagina over beating your meat before bed. He couldn't get who he really wanted.

And Kermit absolutely had to go, even if you couldn't land your top choice. He's literal cancer to the hoops program and you just can't afford to let him destroy it for another year.

Odom was not a last-ditch effort. He was the No. 3 guy on Rhoades' board when he started the search, behind Fuente, who turned the job down pretty quickly to take a slightly better one, and Herman, who took no longer to give a final "No."

Nothing Rhoades uncovered during his coaching search - which was primarily a smokescreen to buy time for Herman - swayed him from his opinion of Odom.

Maybe it will work and maybe it won't, but stop agreeing with Kevin Kietzman on this one. YOu're both wrong.