ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto I'm considering a treadmill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267760)

Jenson71 12-17-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9218119)

And do the GD maintenance! Pay for it or do it yourself... It's worth it!

Is that just the lube stuff, or is there more to it more experienced owners can share with us?

loochy 12-17-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9218119)
I think the wider belt is worth the coin, when you start running on the TM, you'll find the TV sometimes has you drift (like vertigo)..

Heh. That reminds me of the last cruise I went on. I tried to run and i sort of fell sideways several times from the swaying of the boat while I was watching tv (and the hot girl beside me ;))

ChiefGator 12-17-2012 12:29 PM

I have a Sole F80 and a 35" TV. Use it about five times a week. Definitely a big investment, but definitely worth it as well. Really well built machine.

TEX 12-17-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9217905)
I'm considering buying a treadmill. I hate treadmills. But the wife wants one so the smart money says we'll end up with one.

I need to query the CP brain trust regarding the treadmill products out there.

I'm looking for one that I (she) can move pretty easily. Don't want it to cost a fortune but I also don't want to end up with a pile of **** either. I may use it from time to time, and I'm enormous, so how big of a deck should I get?

What kind of brands or features should I look for/avoid?

TIA

Whichever one you get - make sure you put it on a mat if on carpet, or hard floor. Carpet fibers KILLL the motors. Trust me - I sold them for a few years when I worked at a fitness store. You also need to get one with a big enough motor that you don't outrun it. Meaning, you don't want to be able to spin it faster than its movinng, as that will wear out the motor as well. The Incline types are good but the incline does not need to be so pronouinced that it stresses out your tendons. From a maintainence perspective, IF you can get one of the OLD ROLLER types - they are absolutely the BEST route to go. Way cheaper and better built. However, they are louder and very hard to find these days...

007 12-17-2012 12:38 PM

Man, I must be the only person that doesn't watch TV on a treadmill. TV makes me too aware of the time and I tend to want to stop early. When I run with just my music I can go much longer.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 12:41 PM

I'm considering a spicy italian sandwich and pint of beer...

Buehler445 12-17-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9218160)
I'm considering a spicy italian sandwich and pint of beer...

At lunch? On a workday?

You sir, are asking to be fired.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9218179)
At lunch? On a workday?

You sir, are asking to be fired.

I've been "asking to get fired" for over a decade now...

Buehler445 12-17-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9218197)
I've been "asking to get fired" for over a decade now...

ROFL

htismaqe 12-17-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9218206)
ROFL

It's too bad the BB software can't do like enterprise software and differentiate between "days" and "business days".

I have 9.99 posts per day and about 9.75 posts per business day. :D

cookster50 12-17-2012 01:03 PM

You won't get what you want, that combination does not exist. Anything cheap and sold at your local sporting goods store or department store won't last. One that will last however will cost 1k+ and is NOT easy to move around.

Buehler445 12-17-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 9218226)
You won't get what you want, that combination does not exist. Anything cheap and sold at your local sporting goods store or department store won't last. One that will last however will cost 1k+ and is NOT easy to move around.

I'm seeing that.

I appreciate all the input from CP. I'd have probably bought a POS without it.

Saul Good 12-17-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9218083)
I always suspected you were a big vagina.

Funny. I've never thought of him as being big.

MahiMike 12-17-2012 01:16 PM

Got a great deal on a closeout at Sears. Lotsa used ones out there from lazy folks. Just make sure they kept it inside. I had to take one back that had been stored in the garage. Not good on the electronics. The bonus for getting at Sears was the extended warranty. The control pad had to replaced, covered for free under the warranty.

Last thing - make sure it has incline. You can get a good workout just from walking uphill.

Omaha 12-17-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9217905)
I'm considering buying a treadmill. I hate treadmills. But the wife wants one so the smart money says we'll end up with one.

I need to query the CP brain trust regarding the treadmill products out there.

I'm looking for one that I (she) can move pretty easily. Don't want it to cost a fortune but I also don't want to end up with a pile of **** either. I may use it from time to time, and I'm enormous, so how big of a deck should I get?

What kind of brands or features should I look for/avoid?

TIA

Don't you have outside where you live?