ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Stanford Routt Satisfaction Poll? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264121)

WilliamTheIrish 09-24-2012 06:59 AM

Routt is terrible. That game and that play by DishRoutt yesterday does nothing to dispel that notion.

BoneKrusher 09-24-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8944990)
Routt is terrible. That game and that play by DishRoutt yesterday does nothing to dispel that notion.

i call him Magnum PI.

Molitoth 09-24-2012 08:33 AM

I won't make a judgement until after the season is over.
This is a new team and new scheme for Routt, and I expect a few growing pains.
Considering, he's playing well imo.

suds79 09-24-2012 08:34 AM

Routt is in a tough position for me.

He could play fairly well and I'll always be a little disappointed with him because he flat out isn't as good as Carr was.

I know that's not his fault but it is what it is.

Luke Warm 09-24-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8942053)
I adopted him this year since I got cheated out of DJ (whom I adopted last year prior to his first Pro Bowl season).

I've seen alot of you have that "Adopt a Chief" thing. Can you tell me a little about this?

BossChief 09-24-2012 08:54 AM

How many tds has he allowed/penalties has he gotten?

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 08:56 AM

Routt's a solid corner.

He's about 90% of Carr signed to a reasonable deal. The problem is that Carr's also on a very nice deal for the first 3 seasons, it would've just required a heavier cash outlay from Clark to make it happen.

Routt's going to take some undeserved heat this year because everyone would prefer Carr (and rightly so). But in the end the Routt signing, in a vacuum, is a decent one.

The Bad Guy 09-24-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8944933)
Routt has been great. That said, I would take Carr over Routt every day of the week.

There are no words to express just how low of a football IQ you have.

Saul Good 09-24-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8944886)
I submit to you Mark McMillian or Mark Collins

Mark Collins doesn't deserve to be lumped in with those guys.

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8944982)
Your kidding, right? Even the announcers said the ball was way behind the receiver.

The announcer also said that Routt had the WR blanketed. In fact, I think I recall them saying that the decision was even worse than the throw.

Routt couldn't have been in a better spot than he was there.

He's not a perfect player by any means. He isn't Revis, he isn't Carr, he isn't Flowers. He's an above average cover corner that has the size to deal with some of the bigger WRs in the league and that athletic skills to make plays on balls like that. He's a nice #2 cornerback.

The Warfield comparisons are actually pretty fair. Chiefs fans blast him, but the worst thing Warfield ever did was replace Dale Carter (who Chiefs fans also blasted for no good reason despite him being one of the top 10 CBs in football). Warfield was a long, athletic corner who would take risks that got him burned on occasion. For the most part he did his job and was a solid CB. The problem was that he was asked to be a #1 here and was never up for the task.

Routt, on the other hand, is only asked to be what he's capable of being - a sound second CB. He'll be just fine there.

Buckweath 09-24-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8945148)
Routt is in a tough position for me.

He could play fairly well and I'll always be a little disappointed with him because he flat out isn't as good as Carr was.

I know that's not his fault but it is what it is.

Carr played like a top 15 CB. Some of you need to stop acting like the guy was Revis out there. Of course Routt is a slight downgrade but so far, Carr wouldn't have given the Chiefs more than what Routt has given us.

Mr. Laz 09-24-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8945190)
How many tds has he allowed/penalties has he gotten?

1 touchdown
1 penalty
1 int

I think :shrug:

L.A. Chieffan 09-24-2012 09:53 AM

Too many penalties

Mr. Laz 09-24-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8944982)
Your kidding, right? Even the announcers said the ball was way behind the receiver.

The defender is not supposed to be in front of the WR, they are supposed to be trailing on the back hip. Routt was.

The ball was underthrown by a couple of steps which made it easier but Routt was in perfect position regardless.

Buckweath 09-24-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8945394)
The defender is not supposed to be in front of the WR, they are supposed to be trailing on the back hip. Routt was.

The ball was underthrown by a couple of steps which made it easier but Routt was in perfect position regardless.

It was a combination of a poor throw and good play by the DB, like most INT.