ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Moreau at KR (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=2453)

Mike 11-02-2000 04:26 PM

This isn't news, it's just an idea. Why not replace Cloud with Moreau as the 2nd returner on kickoffs? Cloud never gets a good block or return. Moreau can block, for sure. Return? I don't know, but he's supposed to have really good speed. What do you think? Any other ideas on how to improve our return game?

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 11-02-2000).]

kcred 11-02-2000 04:38 PM

gman....

You trying to sneak a football topic in here?

IMO Dante Hall has the skills to do a good job..... Moreau may have the abilty also... I don't remember him doing it in college though...

I'm just glad Vanover is gone.... he scared the crap out of me.

Mike 11-02-2000 04:40 PM

I want Dante back there, just not Cloud. The second man back rarely gets the return anyway, at least we'd have someone back there that could throw a block for Hall. Cloud can't do either well IMO.

Duck Dog 11-02-2000 04:41 PM

I think that would be good.

Mike 11-02-2000 04:41 PM

Technically, he wouldn't be the KR. I just thought that would draw more attention in the title. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

The Blessed Virgin Larry 11-02-2000 04:44 PM

G-Man,
IMHO, it really won't matter who is returning kicks. I've paid very close attention to the situation and I just do not see any running lanes being opened up. As a nmatter of fact, this has been the case for a few years now. People pointed the finger at Vanover and Gun even called him out last year, but IMO the ONLY reason he did anything was because of his great talent as a return man. In other words - he did it on his own mostly. I believe that Mike Stock is the problem. Look at Stoyo for example. His leg was DEAD in KC - he goes to the Rams and they spot a "flaw" in his motion and he DRILLED TWO from beyond 45 yards, outside on grass, in San Francisco last week. Maybe Moreau could do something, but I doubt it because he's not as skilled as Vanover was. Unless we have a "Return Stud" back there. it won't make any difference with Stock calling the shots. I'm glad that Gun has called out the Special Teams - Mike Stock should be on the hot seat!

redbrian 11-02-2000 04:44 PM

How about McGlockton as a KR?

Mike 11-02-2000 04:46 PM

The trouble is, in interviews Gun states that Stock is doing a good job. No change coming anytime soon.

kcred 11-02-2000 04:48 PM

I am LMAO at the thouht of Chester returning kicks...

jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.. <thud>

wutamess 11-02-2000 04:49 PM

They spotted a flaw in his kicking technique? Are you telling me our team let go of a perfectly good kicker because the special teams coach can't do his job? I was questionable about Stocks position before, but this would definitely PROVE that he needs to go. Holy crap. Kicking technique is BASIC!!!

The Blessed Virgin Larry 11-02-2000 04:57 PM

Bishop,
I was on the NFL Talks Rams Rant BB (still rubbing in the 54-34 whipping!) and the posters there were saying that Stoyo humself said that the Rams Special Teams coach saw a "flaw" in his kicking motion. Maybe true, maybe not, but the locals on the BB were talking about it a few days ago. Stoyo might have done it on his own, but they said that he gave the credit to the Rams coaching staff. They even said that the coaches noticed it while watching some tape of him in KC! UNBELIEVABLE!

DaKCMan AP 11-02-2000 05:27 PM

Hall can do the job, and if what the others are saying the Stock should be the first on the chopping block, well actually lets put him on the chopping block.

My assumption is that our special teams may look good in practice, because Mike Stock is caoching against himself at those points. Things have not improved at all since this guy has been here, they stay continueally at a rather low level. I think the Raiders should hire this guy.

mmlwt 11-02-2000 05:49 PM

IMHO Hall stinks.

There doesn't seem to be an option for returner.

Try Gonzo, at least he is a smart player.

------------------
Nuc'em all and let those who remain sort them out!

The Blessed Virgin Larry 11-02-2000 06:28 PM

What about William Bartee? Just throwing that name out there. Hall seems to go down rather easily, but as I've said, IMHO it doesn't really matter who is returning kicks - there simply ar NO running lanes!<BR>

ddpatterson 11-02-2000 06:30 PM

In Gaz's topic a couple of days ago in which he asked for us to give the coaching staff midseason grades, I reiterated my desire to see Stock sent packing, and speculated that Stoyo's sudden improvement for the Rams could be directly attributed to the Rams spotting a flaw that Stock was unable to see.
Why is this guy still working?

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>