ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc -- What is the absolute worst pizza that you recall eating? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260131)

Simply Red 06-03-2012 07:02 PM

-- What is the absolute worst pizza that you recall eating?

I ask because I just got served a 'Hot-N-Ready' Little Ceasar's' steaming pepperoni turd.

That's honestly not worth $5.00.

Unless I was homeless, or something, then it might be.

No poll - just discus which Pizza Joints served you up a turd, store bought is fine here, too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-03-2012 07:03 PM

I saw the title and was ready to post Little Caesars too. There's a reason it's $5 and it's still a ripoff.

milkman 06-03-2012 07:06 PM

You know those cheap frozen pizzas you buy at your local grocer's.

Jeno's, Totino's, whhatever?

Yeah, they're better than Little Ceasar's, which is only slightly worse than Domino's.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-03-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8655965)

Yeah, they're better than Little Ceasar's, which is only slightly worse than Domino's.

I have to say I actually like the new, improved Dominos. The ads aren't lying. It's pretty good cheap pizza now.

Simply Red 06-03-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

have you had Dominoes lately? I actually would take Dominos to Papa Johns, these days. But we have Gallas right around the corner. But today I'd finished moving my bizz into a warehouse/office and Little Ceasars was right there and I was starving. So i tried it. Not very good at all.

Ceej 06-03-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Man..

I remember going to Emporia State for a year. They had a Dominos right across campus. At one time their pepperoni and jalapeno thin crust used to be the best.

I don't think I've ever had terrible pizza. Worst case a large quantity of Cholula or Tobasco offsets any iffy pizza.

Rain Man 06-03-2012 07:11 PM

In terms of purchased pizza, it's Little Caesar's and second place isn't close.

Milkman is right about Jeno's in the stores, but I haven't had a Jeno's pizza since I got out of college. You know, when I got enough money to buy ANYTHING else.

Hammock Parties 06-03-2012 07:11 PM

Some place in River Falls, WI.

Al Bundy 06-03-2012 07:12 PM

When I first moved here to KC I lived down on 99th and Holmes, there was a little pizza joint down there named AJ's. For some reason their Pizza was really really good except the Pepperoni for some reason it gave me the shits real bad and it just tasted awful.

Simply Red 06-03-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8655983)
In terms of purchased pizza, it's Little Caesar's and second place isn't close.

Milkman is right about Jeno's in the stores, but I haven't had a Jeno's pizza since I got out of college. You know, when I got enough money to buy ANYTHING else.

Jenos and Tot's are both good, but it's critical to hit them w/ the broil toward the end of their cook-time.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-03-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8655980)
Man..

I remember going to Emporia State for a year. They had a Dominos right across campus. At one time their pepperoni and jalapeno thin crust used to be the best.

I don't think I've ever had terrible pizza. Worst case a large quantity of Cholula or Tobasco offsets any iffy pizza.

I went to ESU too. Was Godfathers still open when you were there?

FlaChief58 06-03-2012 07:17 PM

Little caesars deffinatly the worst with Hungry Howies not far behind

Ceej 06-03-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8655996)
I went to ESU too. Was Godfathers still open when you were there?

I don't recall.

I attended 2003-2004.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-03-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8656000)
I don't recall.

I attended 2003-2004.

You'd know if it was. Quarter of a block from campus on Commercial, on the left. Too bad it closed. Good pizza. It's where we'd go when we had a few more bucks and could afford better than the Dominos.

I was there 88-91.

Ceej 06-03-2012 07:22 PM

FWIW, you get what you pay for when it comes to pizza.

I remember living off those cheap, frozen pizzas in college.

As i previously mentioned enough hot sauce can cover up the taste.

My preference is Cholula.