ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Christian Ponder isn’t sure whether Percy Harvin will be back (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268630)

malachi47000 01-08-2013 04:19 PM

Christian Ponder isn’t sure whether Percy Harvin will be back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-will-be-back/

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Monday that receiver Percy Harvin will remain with the team in 2013. Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder has somewhat less optimism.

“I’m not sure, I don’t know,” Ponder told Paul Allen of KFAN on Tuesday. “We’ll see. I mean, we’ll see how everything shakes out. I’m not sure what Rick Spielman’s gonna be doing. Obviously, it’d be nice to have [Harvin]. He’s a heck of a player.”

That’s a stunningly vague assessment of the status of the 2009 NFL offensive rookie of the year and one of the short-list candidates for league MVP based on his performances early in the 2013 season, especially since Harvin remains under contract for one more season. But there always has been a quiet undercurrent of discontent when it comes to Percy Harvin. Though he rarely acts out publicly, he apparently has done plenty of acting out privately — and it could be enough to prompt the Vikings to trade an arguably tired act out of town.

Indeed, Ponder opted, consciously or not, for the past tense when talking about Harvin.

“You know, he busts his butt all the time when he was here,” Ponder said of Harvin. “When he was out on the field, no one worked harder than him. Obviously, everyone saw how tough he was physically and mentally. And he had a lot of leadership qualities. He was a good teammate.”

He was a good teammate.

Yep. Percy’s gone.

If the Vikings try for a trade, wonder what it would take to get him?

HolyHat 01-08-2013 04:21 PM

Geno approves of this message

mr. tegu 01-08-2013 04:21 PM

Care I do not.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 04:22 PM

Hey now, there's a nice guy to look at.

Would you give up our 2nd for him? Kid's still extremely young, but he never seems capable of staying healthy.

I said I'd give up a 3rd for Maclin, who has injury issues and 1 year left on his contract. Harvin is a better version of Maclin with the same injury issues and contract status.

Yeah, I'd give up our 2nd for Percy Harvin.

Thig Lyfe 01-08-2013 04:23 PM

If he could stay healthy for more than 10 minutes at a time, I'd be all over that shit.

O.city 01-08-2013 04:24 PM

Would give up a 2 for him, more willing a 3rd.

doomy3 01-08-2013 04:25 PM

I mentioned this in another thread the other day. I would trade 2.1 in a millisecond for Harvin. Kid is incredibly talented.

Of course the majority of the replies were, "Why don't we just draft a WR in the second instead of trading for Harvin?"

As if there are a bunch of guys like him that you can just go draft when you want to.

mnchiefsguy 01-08-2013 04:30 PM

I think a 2nd might be too high, given that he is injury prone, and our second round pick is at the beginning of the round. I would give up a third rounder for him for sure, and would a second rounder only if it was a late second rounder.

RunKC 01-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9297132)
I mentioned this in another thread the other day. I would trade 2.1 in a millisecond for Harvin. Kid is incredibly talented.

Of course the majority of the replies were, "Why don't we just draft a WR in the second instead of trading for Harvin?"

As if there are a bunch of guys like him that you can just go draft when you want to.

I guess it comes down to the question of Percy Harvin or Tavon Austin?

I'll take either one.

O.city 01-08-2013 04:31 PM

I like Austin, but I don't think eh can be as versatile in the NFL as Harvin is.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9297132)

Well shit, why not just draft Aaron Rodgers? Duh, that was easy.

Harvin made Ponder look decent. If you trade 2.1 for Harvin, draft Geno at 1.1, then re-sign Bowe and Albert - holy hell you have a good offense.

Hammock Parties 01-08-2013 04:32 PM

Percy Harvin forced more missed tackles (22) than any other WR.

And he only had 62 catches.

He is completely hamstrung by playing with Christian Ponder. He would put up 1200 yards easy in a top passing offense.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9297156)
I guess it comes down to the question of Percy Harvin or Tavon Austin?

I'll take either one.

A) I don't know that we can count on Austin being there.
B) Austin simply isn't going to be as good as Harvin. Percy Harvin is an MVP caliber player when he's healthy.

The sole question is his health. And yeah, that's certainly a big one. That said, I don't see how you can't take that chance if you're looking to bring in a passing-oriented offense and help take some pressure off a quarterback.

notorious 01-08-2013 04:34 PM

Harvin is a ****ing stud.

Bring him in.

O.city 01-08-2013 04:34 PM

If you can spin a second rounder for Harvin you do it. He's still young, it's different than slinging picks for a washout QB.