ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

aturnis 10-31-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8062129)
Good episode.

I thought the pinata zombie was a cool, creepy touch.

Got bit,
the fever hit,
world's gone to shit,
why not quite.

aturnis 10-31-2011 02:40 AM

My plotline theory:

Warning: unnecessarily long winded, probably not correct, and may contain future spoilers and definitely contains spoilers if you haven't seen every episode.

Spoiler!

Buck 10-31-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8062182)
My plotline theory:

Warning: unnecessarily long winded, probably not correct, and may contain future spoilers and definitely contains spoilers if you haven't seen every episode.

Spoiler!

Did you read the Comics?

NewChief 10-31-2011 05:27 AM

Pretty good assessment of the show with some good suggestions for editing to the writing.

Dear "Walking Dead": Please shut up.
[The following recap of "The Walking Dead" season 2, episode 3 contains spoilers; read at your own risk.]
http://www.salon.com/2011/10/31/dear...lease_shut_up/

Spoiler!

KC_Connection 10-31-2011 05:40 AM

Finally a good episode. It's almost like they heard my criticisms last week about the lack of a villain/antihero type and the lack of conflict among the survivors. Shane fits this role perfectly.

Chiefnj2 10-31-2011 08:36 AM

When zombies catch someone they appear to rip that person to shreds and eat everything. If that is the case, why are there so many "whole" zombies running around?

NewChief 10-31-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8062378)
When zombies catch someone they appear to rip that person to shreds and eat everything. If that is the case, why are there so many "whole" zombies running around?

Presumably they got bit, then escaped from whatever zombie was attacking them. Which would happen quite a bit in isolated attacks (not group attacks) as the zombies are actually pretty slow and stupid (see how easily they took out all those zombies in the churches and the zombies in the woods). It's only in packs, really, that they're that deadly and able to tear someone to shreds.

That's sort of a longstanding tradition of zombie movies, right? They, at first, appear to be totally badass and unstoppable. Over time, though, the humans adapt and begin to understand how to take them out.

blaise 10-31-2011 08:49 AM

I feel bad because I want to keep point out things that bother me about the show, but I like the show.
I agree with the, "Can I talk to you for a second..." criticism in NewCheif's link. That's how I feel when I see the scenes where two characters separate for their "moment" together. Falling Skies did it all the time.

Otter 10-31-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8062378)

There's 309 million people in the US and I'm guessing the "half" zombies don't get around as well as the "whole" zombies so you don't see them as much. Take a good look during a zombie heavy scene, there's plenty of fodder lying around on the ground, zombies missing limbs and chunks taken out of them.

You're nitpicking now.

btlook1 10-31-2011 12:11 PM

I think the show is just getting better and better. Personally loved Shane shooting the fat dude to save himself....wondering where it's going next!!

aturnis 10-31-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8062189)
Did you read the Comics?

No, I am I on the right track, or clear off in left field?

Lex Luthor 10-31-2011 12:18 PM

When Shane returned without Otis and said that Otis didn't make it, I thought "WTF, did I fall asleep and miss something?".

Then I was shocked when they showed him shooting Otis. Man, how evil can you get? Otis had just saved Shane's life a few minutes before that.

Shane must have been a fan of that old joke where two guys were running from a lion, and one of them says "I don't have to outrun the lion. I just have to outrun YOU".

All in all, it was a great ending to an episode that I thought was otherwise pretty slow.

blaise 10-31-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8062795)
When Shane returned without Otis and said that Otis didn't make it, I thought "WTF, did I fall asleep and miss something?".

Then I was shocked when they showed him shooting Otis. Man, how evil can you get? Otis had just saved Shane's life a few minutes before that.

Shane must have been a fan of that old joke where two guys were running from a lion, and one of them says "I don't have to outrun the lion. I just have to outrun YOU".

All in all, it was a great ending to an episode that I thought was otherwise pretty slow.

Shane was looking out for his group. I think that's part of his conflict. He's unhappy where he is, but he's willing to do what he has to for them as long as he's there.

Buck 10-31-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8062794)
No, I am I on the right track, or clear off in left field?

As close as you could be. The comic delves into the is it Rick's or Shane's baby too. However there was no CDC. Also there is one major thing that is different from the show. I won't say it because I don't want to spoil anyone.

You should check them out though.

raybec 4 10-31-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8062795)

In dealing with a complete stranger and I have a bad leg, I can see how it would happen. One round left, can barely move they're gaining on me. Not a hard choice really.