ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Condolences - From ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262642)

Mr. Flopnuts 08-21-2012 12:55 PM

I know Mike would be humble here, and I know his Mother who has the kids would be eternally grateful and humbled as well. Class act Phil, but those who know you know this your norm. Thanks.

ChiefsHawk 08-21-2012 01:01 PM

set up a paypal account for cash donations as itd be safer than mailing checks.

Phobia 08-21-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 8838449)
Money is tight for me right now, (is for a lot of people I'm sure). But I love this place, and will be more than happy to put a little into the collection for the families. Phobia how would you like to collect checks?

PM me. I'll have a name and address for checks. I will facilitate paypal donations and write a check for what comes in. The personal checks will go straight to Mike's mother (who cares for the kids) and to Dan's wife.

Phobia 08-21-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk (Post 8838521)
set up a paypal account for cash donations as itd be safer than mailing checks.

We got that. PM me for the info. Rather not put it on an open forum.

whoman69 08-21-2012 01:53 PM

Classy move. RIP, vaya con dios.

Iowanian 08-21-2012 02:07 PM

That's fine as a concept, but I'm wondering where the line is?

Just members? Long time members who post regularly? Spouses? Parents? Children?

Phobia 08-21-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8838691)
That's fine as a concept, but I'm wondering where the line is?

Just members? Long time members who post regularly? Spouses? Parents? Children?

That's a good question. We have a lot of members. Obviously, not every death is going to mean we put up a solicitation like this.

You and your wallet decide where the line is. If neither of these guys inspired you and you don't feel compelled to throw down a few bucks then don't. I'm not going to spend my time organizing this each time a member of this site dies, obviously. But these two were particularly tragic, too soon, and there is a need for donations. I feel comfortable the money sent isn't going to be injected into somebody's arm or used for a trip to Vegas. Obviously, a guy like Logical would have qualified for something like this if there had been a need communicated. But we honor his memory in other ways because he was financially well off.

HemiEd 08-21-2012 03:28 PM

Holy shit, I want to go kick something after learning this. Every time something like this happens, I wonder why the good people have to go early.
I am going to miss Crazyhorse on here, and had truly wanted to meet him in person.
I wasn't aware of the MadMax passing either, will post again when I collect myself.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-21-2012 03:35 PM

I've spoken with the kids grandmother who is raising them. She has no problem with people sending check donations to Phil or even directly to her personally. If you'd like to mail direct you can PM me for her name and address. 14 and 16 is awfully expensive for someone who's already done it in generations passed and didn't expect this to happen again. She has asked for nothing, but I know first hand it would be incredibly helpful. It's much appreciated but she wouldn't want anyone to take any mustard off their hotdog on her account so no one should stress themselves to do it.

Phobia 08-21-2012 03:49 PM

How about I just send a case of mustard?

Mr. Flopnuts 08-21-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8839043)
How about I just send a case of mustard?

Send that to me.

BigRedChief 08-21-2012 06:36 PM

Donation on the way.

I think setting a line where this step is taken is fraught with land mines. But, I think we can safely set the bar to at least long time members of the community in good standing.

Phobia 08-21-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8839606)
Donation on the way.

I think setting a line where this step is taken is fraught with land mines. But, I think we can safely set the bar to at least long time members of the community in good standing.

I agree. I know we've done this several times over the years. One was strange in that a father/son duo in good standing here had their wife/mother become diagnosed terminal. They were open about how their homelife was suffering so we collected some money and sent some pizzas to lessen the load on the sick lady. Then we sent the rest to hire a cleaning crew to come out. That lady is still alive and kicking which is awesome but it left questions about the contribution. No, I'm not going to identify them. There's really nothing to be embarrassed about but my intention isn't to finger them at all.

Then there was another member collecting money for himself. We'll never allow that again.

chasedude 08-21-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8839705)

Then there was another member collecting money for himself. We'll never allow that again.

Nut Hooks!!!! :mad:

ChiTown 08-21-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8839705)
I agree. I know we've done this several times over the years. One was strange in that a father/son duo in good standing here had their wife/mother become diagnosed terminal. They were open about how their homelife was suffering so we collected some money and sent some pizzas to lessen the load on the sick lady. Then we sent the rest to hire a cleaning crew to come out. That lady is still alive and kicking which is awesome but it left questions about the contribution. No, I'm not going to identify them. There's really nothing to be embarrassed about but my intention isn't to finger them at all.

No issue with that one. I donated to that and I feel really food that she made it. A true blessing for that Family.