ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Players that proved something today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192787)

ILChief 09-28-2008 02:54 PM

Players that proved something today

Flowers - young, stud corner
Carr - other than the whiff on the Marshall TD, he played a great game
McBride - dude was all over the place, maybe not the pass rusher Jared Allen was, but he's a solid DE
D. Williams - No way Donnie moves Demorrio back to the bench. Maybe Donnie could replace Pat Thomas
Herb Taylor - note if he isn't the starting right tackle when Albert returns, Herm should be fired on the spot
Tank/Dorsey - they may not have put up great numbers, but Denver's vaunted running game never got going. DT's don't really put up great numbers anyway

We're not as far away as I thought. We need a young stud QB, a legit #2 Wideout, middle linebacker, and some O-Line depth and this team could be a contender.

cdcox 09-28-2008 02:56 PM

Don't forget a pass rushing DE.

KCUnited 09-28-2008 02:57 PM

Savage!

ILChief 09-28-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5063458)

That's true. I had hoped for more from Tamba Hali. Maybe McBride can develop his pass rushing.

ILChief 09-28-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5063461)
Savage!

Oh yeah, I forgot. B.J. Sans should be cut tomorrow.

milkman 09-28-2008 03:00 PM

Donnie is done.

He should never, ever, see the field again.

Thomas wasn't the weak link.

Donnie was.

Cut him.

Micjones 09-28-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5063458)

We definitely need some help there.
A draftee and perhaps a solid #3 guy in Free Agency.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-28-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5063483)
Donnie is done.

He should never, ever, see the field again.

Thomas wasn't the weak link.

Donnie was.

Cut him.

Donnie wasn't in there in week 3 when we were getting gashed.

Some of this has to fall at the feet of Pat Thomas. I'm not saying Donnie should start or that he doesn't suck, but I don't think you can say that Thomas is serviceable either.

milkman 09-28-2008 03:04 PM

I really think with good coaching (I know, where's he going to get that) Turk can be a pretty good pass rusher, but yeah, we definitely need a dominating pass rusher at RDE.

Tamba is depth.

Rain Man 09-28-2008 03:04 PM

I agree with all of the points above, and I'll also add that Dwayne Bowe proves to me more each week that he's a special talent. He's already proven that, but he keeps cementing it.

milkman 09-28-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5063502)
Donnie wasn't in there in week 3 when we were getting gashed.

Some of this has to fall at the feet of Pat Thomas. I'm not saying Donnie should start or that he doesn't suck, but I don't think you can say that Thomas is serviceable either.

I'm not saying that Thomas is the answer at MLB, but he is, still, better than Donnie is right now.

MTG#10 09-28-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 5063468)
That's true. I had hoped for more from Tamba Hali. Maybe McBride can develop his pass rushing.

No, Tamba just needs to be moved back to the position he's used to - LDE. I said it was a mistake in the beginning when they decided to move him and its showing big time. When you lose a player of JA's talent, you dont shuffle your line to try to make up for him, just try to replace him. Dumb mistake. Now we have taken away the only pass rushing DE we had, when Turk could be doing just as good on the right side as he has the left and Tamba could be comfortable and getting his 7-8 sacks a season. I know that was a run-on sentence, but Ive had a few so bite me. :dom:

Bowser 09-28-2008 03:06 PM

Against this offense, our secondary played lights ****ing out. And they did it with getting very little pass rush when we weren't blitzing.

ILChief 09-28-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5063510)
I agree with all of the points above, and I'll also add that Dwayne Bowe proves to me more each week that he's a special talent. He's already proven that, but he keeps cementing it.

Yeah, I considered him proven already but with a real passing QB and an OC he'd be a real superstar.

keg in kc 09-28-2008 03:07 PM

LJ.

I think he's healthy and I think he's gradually getting a grasp on the zone-blocking scheme.