ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bryce Petty (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278658)

Mr_Tomahawk 11-16-2013 06:21 PM

Bryce Petty

If I had to pick a QB in this class who I would like to see us go after, he would be my man. I would not be upset if we got him...

[I'd rather develop Bray]

But is he just a product of the Baylor Offense? He has the arm and high football IQ that you are looking for...

RealSNR 11-16-2013 07:54 PM

Would he declare? He's still a junior

O.city 11-16-2013 08:03 PM

There are some interesting prospects, QB wise, in this draft, but at what point round wise do you get, as well as talent wise, where you just think "we have Bray already".

jd1020 11-17-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10192664)
There are some interesting prospects, QB wise, in this draft, but at what point round wise do you get, as well as talent wise, where you just think "we have Bray already".

Not sure what you are trying to say but passing up on QBs because you got a UDFA from the last class before is about the dumbest thing anyone could do.

Saccopoo 11-17-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10193313)
Not sure what you are trying to say but passing up on QBs because you got a UDFA from the last class before is about the dumbest thing anyone could do.

Wasting a draft pick on a QB who is not going to beat out the UDFA rookie for the third QB spot on the roster is about the dumbest thing anyone could do.

There isn't a QB in the 2014 draft class that has Bray's ceiling as a potential starting NFL level QB. (And I was nowhere near a "let's draft Tyler Bray" fan last year.)

Mr_Tomahawk 11-17-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10193544)
Wasting a draft pick on a QB who is not going to beat out the UDFA rookie for the third QB spot on the roster is about the dumbest thing anyone could do.

There isn't a QB in the 2014 draft class that has Bray's ceiling as a potential starting NFL level QB. (And I was nowhere near a "let's draft Tyler Bray" fan last year.)

Thank you!

KChiefs1 11-17-2013 09:22 AM

This draft is loaded with QB's.

Saccopoo 11-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10193611)
This draft is loaded with QB's.

Mediocre ones at best.

Geno is better than Bridgewater.
Kaepernick is better than Mariota.
David Carr is better than Derek Carr.

And those are your three top guys.

Mettenberger? Hundley? McCarron? Garoppolo?

This entire QB draft class is filled with "just guys."

The only real interesting guy is Manziel. If he's one of those guys who breaks the mold and is really the second coming of Tarkenton, then there you go, but it's a different era in the NFL. He's instinctive as all get out. He's a better option than RGIII IMO.

O.city 11-17-2013 10:05 AM

I dunno, bridgewater is going 1 overall. He's pretty good.

In ou situation, you're looking for someone better than bray or at least someone to battle him for the 2 spot.

Eventually, I'd love to see us get in a position where we can be the team fleeci other teams for picks on qbs Reid makes look better than they are, not he other way around.

jd1020 11-17-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10193544)

You know what ceiling stands for? Someone who hasn't reached their potential and potentially never will.

Bray went undrafted for a reason. Who the **** goes all in on a UDFA?

But you're right. Lets go get a guard. That's the key to winning the SB right there.

RealSNR 11-17-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10193313)

Especially if we still have Buttchin on the roster. And Alex as our QB. And Bray, really. He's nothing special yet.

If Bray's worth a shit, there's a spot for him on this team even if we draft somebody this year. And if there's not, we get a draft pick for him.

I expect Reid to take a QB at some point in this draft.

jd1020 11-17-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10194450)
Especially if we still have Buttchin on the roster. And Alex as our QB. And Bray, really. He's nothing special yet.

If Bray's worth a shit, there's a spot for him on this team even if we draft somebody this year. And if there's not, we get a draft pick for him.

I expect Reid to take a QB at some point in this draft.

You know what would really suck?

Drafting a QB and watching both Bray and the drafted QB turn into something other teams want to trade for... OH THE HORROR!

Better get someone to protect Smith and play it safe.

KChiefs1 11-17-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10193670)
Mediocre ones at best.

Geno is better than Bridgewater.
Kaepernick is better than Mariota.
David Carr is better than Derek Carr.

And those are your three top guys.

Mettenberger? Hundley? McCarron? Garoppolo?

This entire QB draft class is filled with "just guys."

The only real interesting guy is Manziel. If he's one of those guys who breaks the mold and is really the second coming of Tarkenton, then there you go, but it's a different era in the NFL. He's instinctive as all get out. He's a better option than RGIII IMO.

Geno is better than Bridgewater?

Saul Good 11-17-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10192424)
If I had to pick a QB in this class who I would like to see us go after, he would be my man. I would not be upset if we got him...

[I'd rather develop Bray]

But is he just a product of the Baylor Offense? He has the arm and high football IQ that you are looking for...

My guess is the system. There has never been a Big 12 QB who had a good NFL career. It doesn't mean there never will be, but there is a huge track record of guys who put up gaudy numbers in college and suck in the NFL.

Saccopoo 11-17-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10194447)
You know what ceiling stands for? Someone who hasn't reached their potential and potentially never will.

Bray went undrafted for a reason. Who the **** goes all in on a UDFA?

But you're right. Lets go get a guard. That's the key to winning the SB right there.

Nobody is going "all in" on a UDFA. He's our third stringer that hasn't suited up for a real game. That's a freaking project, which an UDFA should be.

And getting a guard to better protect your incumbent QB is a lot smarter than drafting a QB who isn't going to beat out your third stringer UDFA who's standing on the sideline in street clothes.

And Bray had the tools to be a first round guy. All QB's dropped in this past draft for whatever reason. But I'll tell you straight up, none of them are better prospects than guys like Geno and Barkley. And Bray does have better tools than any of them.

Jesus...get your panties in a knot because someone doesn't want to draft a mediocre dillweed that is going to get placed on the practice squad at best. There isn't a guy in this draft that has a snowballs chance in hell of beating out Smith, Daniel or Bray in the next three years.

But get all pissy about potentially getting an All-Pro level guard to upgrade what has been the weakest position on the team so far in the 2013 season.