ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc KC radio (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189591)

blaise 08-22-2008 10:54 AM

KC radio

http://bottomlinecom.com/currentnews...dioleader.html

If this has been posted sorry, but I thought it was interesting:

Basically it says that WHB gave up market share to 610. Keep doing those Smoke N' Fire segments Kietz. I'm sure the Royals on 610 have a lot to do with it but it can't be everything. I don't see a show-by-show breakdown anywhere. I'm guessing maybe Twibell is starting to get more listeners (personally I don't care for him).
Don't ask why I care. I have a sort of disdain for KK and this makes me laugh.

Dayze 08-22-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 4935179)

Basically it says that WHB gave up market share to 610. Keep doing those Smoke N' Fire segments Kietz. I'm sure the Royals on 610 have a lot to do with it but it can't be everything. I don't see a show-by-show breakdown anywhere. I'm guessing maybe Twibell is starting to get more listeners (personally I don't care for him).

I avoid 810 like the plague; for the reason you mentioned above.. The stupid Smoke & Fire segments; and "RRRRRacin' Boys" etc. Lame. Basically a big infomercial with Smoke & Fire. When they're not talking cooking, they're shootin' the breeze about golf etc.

I don't mind KK as much as others (sometimes he is annoying), but I absolutely, can not stand listening to Leabo. That guy comes across as an arrogant, A-hole.

Overall, KC radio is a joke. The only show I can tolerate is the Border Patrol; and that's not saying much.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-22-2008 01:12 PM

the only guy i can listen to on 810 is soren petro,

Bowser 08-22-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 4935179)

Keitzman has such an overbearing, better than you on air personality that makes his show unlistenable. They got fat and happy when they were destroying other stations years ago, and it made their show sloppy. They can keep their smoke and fire, nascar talk, golf bs, and Jack Harry's "HA-HA-HAAAAA". Neal Jones is an annoying doofus, but he is 1,000 times more listenable than Keitzman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 4935526)
the only guy i can listen to on 810 is soren petro,

Petro far and away has the best show in KC. It's not even close.

damaticous 08-24-2008 12:52 PM

personally I don't care for 610 or 810 too much. I listen to both, but both have shows that get WAYYY off topic or will create their own little buzz. It's interesting to hear the radio stations try to stir and create crap. They did it all last football season either with something about Herm and what he said or LJ. It was a joke. Very little about the past or future game. stupid gossip talk radio....mostly.

Silock 08-24-2008 03:19 PM

I liked 610 when they had Grunny, but since they got rid of him, I don't listen to 610 or 810 at all.

OnTheWarpath15 08-25-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4935804)
Keitzman has such an overbearing, better than you on air personality that makes his show unlistenable. They got fat and happy when they were destroying other stations years ago, and it made their show sloppy. They can keep their smoke and fire, nascar talk, golf bs, and Jack Harry's "HA-HA-HAAAAA". Neal Jones is an annoying doofus, but he is 1,000 times more listenable than Keitzman.

Petro far and away has the best show in KC. It's not even close.

Agree.

Once I get into range on I-70 (around Boonville), I tune into 610, unless Petro is on.

gblowfish 08-25-2008 08:52 PM

They both suck.

Keitzman is a shameless K-Stater. He's the new Don "The Weasel" Fortune. I"ve met Leabo. He's actually a pretty good guy. He was a vendor at Royals Stadium, worked his way up the ladder. He's from my hometown (Independence) and only black mark is he's a Sooner. Danny Clinkscale is OK, he's a big KU homer, but he's pretty balanced. Morning show is ultra unprofessional, sounds like a community college student station. Petro is the best, except when a drunken, bigoted, speech slurred Pete Enoch comes on with him to Stump the Chumps.

610 is just about as bad. Rome sucks. Twybill is the king of the name droppers...count how many times he name drops in a 15-minute segment. And he's insufferable about golf. Neil and Marty are lame. Neil's a TV castoff like Keitzman, and Marty's an ex-rock n roll DJ and an awful way over the line KU homer. He's got as much legitimacy talking sports for a living as you and I have. DA in the morning was the best thing on 610 and they bounced him for Twybill. DA won a free trip to Miami, not bad...

In short, both stations suck eggs. KK on WHB should get off the air and go into management with Chad Boeger. It would improve the afternoon a lot.

patteeu 08-26-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4942176)
I liked 610 when they had Grunny, but since they got rid of him, I don't listen to 610 or 810 at all.

I *think* I heard yesterday on Petro's show that Grunhard is going to make appreances there during the upcoming Chiefs season so you might give that 810 show a try if you're a big Grunny fan.

I never really liked Grunhard's show that much but it was alright. I do like Petro's show though. Believe it or not, I thought Whitlock gave us the best sports radio over the past few years. Especially when he had a co-host who meshed well with him like Neal Jones or Steven St. John.

morphius 08-26-2008 09:39 AM

I'm glad to see others are bringing up how annoyed they are about KK and his buddies always talking about their golf games on the air. Petro has been the best in KC for a long time, it is a shame that 610 wanted to give Whitlock a chance to take on KK.