ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

RustShack 02-15-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9405467)
ISU is a weak link. Don't kid yourself.

Keep living in the past.

Saul Good 02-15-2013 01:07 PM

Iowa State goes 6-7: Strong program

Mizzou goes 5-7: Disaster

Saul Good 02-15-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9405529)
Keep living in the past.

All hail the mighty 6-7 Cyclones who just landed the worst recruiting class in the Big 12.

WilliamTheIrish 02-15-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9405098)
No. I'll wait until some banker 60 years from now declares me the national champion for 2013. Then I'll hang a banner.

You added an 'n'. Helms was originally a baker.

Prison Bitch 02-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9405529)
Keep living in the past.

They have no past. 1 top-10 finish in the AP last 40 years. Even KU has 2 of those.

Saul Good 02-15-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9405546)
You added an 'n'. Helms was originally a baker.

No wonder they hang banners for that in Lawrence while UK doesn't recognize theirs.

RustShack 02-15-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9405540)
All hail the mighty 6-7 Cyclones who just landed the worst recruiting class in the Big 12.

Recruit rankings don't really matter unless you're pulling in the top few. We're sending Jake Knott to the NFL who only had one offer, and its from Iowa State. Same with AJ Klein who wasn't highly recruited. We've had 4 star guys like Sedrick Johnson come to Iowa State, who was complete garbage.

But hey keep gazing at your little star guide.

Bambi 02-15-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9405483)
2nd in football (edged out at the end by the SEC) and 3rd in basketball. Incredible year for the Big 12. Hopefully you can fix your awful basketball situation so you're not behind the Mountain West.

Tough to argue when you combine the sports that the Big 12 isn't #1. I suppose arguments can be made using all kinds of numbers but when 90% of you conference goes to a bowl and you rank 3rd in basketball it really isn't difficult to see.

Bambi 02-15-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9405550)
No wonder they hang banners for that in Lawrence while UK doesn't recognize theirs.

In my lifetime Kentucky has won 3 titles and made 7 Final Fours. Kansas has won 2 titles and made 8 Final Fours. Kentucky has played in 4 Championship games, Kansas has played in 5. Kansas has 18 Conference Championships, Kentucky has 14. Kentucky has been in the NCAA Tournament 3 straight years...Kansas? 23 years straight.

It's fun to have another school be as great as your own while you've been around to watch. Kentucky is as close as anyone.

Saul Good 02-15-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9405555)
Recruit rankings don't really matter unless you're pulling in the top few. We're sending Jake Knott to the NFL who only had one offer, and its from Iowa State. Same with AJ Klein who wasn't highly recruited. We've had 4 star guys like Sedrick Johnson come to Iowa State, who was complete garbage.

Tell me more about the secret to Iowa State's success.

Saul Good 02-15-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9405573)
In my lifetime Kentucky has won 3 titles and made 7 Final Fours. Kansas has won 2 titles and made 8 Final Fours. Kentucky has played in 4 Championship games, Kansas has played in 5. Kansas has 18 Conference Championships, Kentucky has 14. Kentucky has been in the NCAA Tournament 3 straight years...Kansas? 23 years straight.

It's fun to have another school be as great as your own while you've been around to watch. Kentucky is as close as anyone.

Kentucky is the best basketball program of all time. Kansas is top ten, maybe even top five.

Prison Bitch 02-15-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9405573)

I'm frankly surprised it's that close, given Kentucky's hilarious 13-year final four drought from 1998-2011.

Bambi 02-15-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9405593)
Kentucky is the best basketball program of all time. Kansas is top ten, maybe even top five.

Everyone's opinion is valued. Even yours. That's what makes CP such a wonderful place. :clap:

warpaint* 02-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9405555)

There is a direct correlation with recruiting success and on field success. That doesn't mean every 5 star is great and every 2 star is garbage. But in general the higher you're recruiting the better you will be on the field.

For every Jake Knott there are a hundred that don't amount to squat. It's kind of like NFL draft. In fact it's exactly like the NFL draft. The higher rated the recruit, the more likely he is to be good. The lower rated, the less likely.

It goes well beyond the "top few". It seems it's always fans from the "have nots" that are trying to sing that song. And I'm not just talking about Iowa State or Kansas. There was a similar sentiment trying to be spun by more than a few on our rivals board on NSD due to our dead last (in the SEC) rated class. But it's absurd and couldn't be further from the truth.

warpaint* 02-15-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9405593)

Kansas is easily top 6 along w/ Kentucky, Indiana, UCLA, Duke, and Carolina in whatever order. I would personally put Kentucky at #1. I hate KU as much as anybody but it is what it is

Their run of dominance from the late 80s on is really quite remarkable. In fact it's unbelievable. All of the blue bloods sans KU have had seasons where they took a dump and miss the tourney. I'm 36 and can't remember them ever being down. B/C they haven't been.

What a bunch of jerks.