ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Hypnosis (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274922)

Iowanian 07-30-2013 04:51 PM

You should have slipped that guy $20 and given him some "honeymoon suggestions" to imprint on her brain for the weekend. Just saying.

Discuss Thrower 07-30-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9845882)
You should have slipped that guy $20 and given him some "honeymoon suggestions" to imprint on her brain for the weekend. Just saying.

This-this-this-this-THIS.

Cannibal 07-30-2013 05:06 PM

Not real.

bogey 07-30-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9845868)
You gave some goofy dude $400 to hypnotize you? Seriously?

I know.

bogey 07-30-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9845870)
That seems to be a consistency amongst many hypnotists that I've noticed online. A lot of them seem nuttier than squirrel turds.

Kinda stuck in the 70's goofy.

tmax63 07-30-2013 06:03 PM

Was a bouncer at a Comedy Club one time as a part time job. Hypnotist came about 3 times a year and would use us once in a while during the show. Took a guy that was average but ripped 5'8" 170lbs I'd guess and told him he was rigid as a board. I and the other bouncer tipped him flat and put his head on the seat of 1 chair and his heels on another chair where he was a bridge. He was like that for 5-10 minutes and for the Grand Finale the hypnotist (probably 150lbs) stood on the guy's stomach for a few seconds then stepped off. Another instance during his adult shows was he'd tell the females that he had "magic fingers" and every time he touched his nose they'd have an orgasm. At the end of the show he'd tell the ladies with significant others that their spouses would have magic fingers for 24 hours post-trance. He did that for one of the waitresses and her man and they verified that it worked.
Key thing, per the hypnotist, is you will not do anything while under that you wouldn't do awake.

Saulbadguy 07-30-2013 06:20 PM

Only works on the weak minded or emotionally troubled.

rico 07-31-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9845882)

I would have if I had needed to. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9846038)
Only works on the weak minded or emotionally troubled.

Lol, that's an interesting take. :) I wish I could find the video of this old guy who claimed via 2 minute rant that people who are able to be hypnotized are more intelligent people because they follow suggestions better. I was all pissed off when I watched that, due to me not even coming close to being hypnotized on the show. I like your logic better. :)

Ace Gunner 07-31-2013 05:03 AM

sleep. it only works if you believe.

Baby Lee 07-31-2013 05:31 AM

People need to realize what hypnosis is and what it isn't.

It is using cadence to induce a state of heightened awareness and heightened amenability to suggestion.

In a sense it is a step-sibling of transcendental meditation.

I find myself in a strange demographic. I am utterly immune to hypnosis by others, but have learned effective techniques in self-hypnosis to de-stress and refresh. Basically focusing body part by body part and 'willing' stress or pain out of said part, kind of like wringing a washrag or furling a mat.

The self-hypnosis I can experience beneficially is mainly hyper concentration and visualization. Hypnosis by others I can't offer first hand information on, but it is limited to things the hypnosee would otherwise be amenable to.

007 07-31-2013 05:52 AM

I can't be hypnotized either. Wish I could so they could make me a more social person.

mdchiefsfan 07-31-2013 06:38 AM

Thanks for sharing, rico. What was your wife's reaction to the video? That had to be a classic moment.

Gonzo 07-31-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9844910)
It works. I know of at least one instance of a crime being solved after putting a witness under hypnosis. They took him back to re-live the moment he saw the getaway truck and was able to see the license plate number.

LMAO
That was an episode of Quincy. You were high again.

rico 07-31-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9847193)
Thanks for sharing, rico. What was your wife's reaction to the video? That had to be a classic moment.

She was nervous the entire time and constantly asking, "omg, did everyone think I was stupid?" Which I had to repeatedly reassure her, "no, people thought you were hilarious." She was laughing hysterically simultaneously...especially during the air guitar, freezing cold temperature and trying to get warm under dorky guy's shirt, the snake part and the pole-dancer tryout.

Fish 07-31-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9845930)
I know.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to make fun of you or anything. I just had no idea that they could charge so much for something that is pretty shady and has no guarantee of working..