ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jeff Triplette gets a first round playoff game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280188)

tk13 01-02-2014 10:43 PM

Jeff Triplette gets a first round playoff game

http://deadspin.com/jeff-triplette-i...aso-1493082327

Quote:

Jeff Triplette Is Working A Playoff Game For Some Reason

How many referees' names do you actually know? In an ideal world, it'd be Ed Hochuli, and that's it. But the name Jeff Triplette has popped up a few times this year, and not for anything good: Triplette's crew had major game-changing screw-ups in consecutive weeks. And what do you know? Triplette's working a playoff game.

Football Zebras has the ref assignments for this weekend's wild card slate, and there's the veteran Triplette, heading up Chargers-Bengals. That's heartening for the Bengals, who were the recipients of a gift touchdown from Triplette's crew in Week 14. The naked eye appeared to show BenJarvus Green-Ellis tripped up shy of the goal line on a fourth-down carry, and replay did too—but the officials inexplicably overturned the call on the field and awarded Cincinnati the score.

The NFL admitted the call was wrong, just as it had to do a week prior, when Triplette's crew was responsible for one of the strangest screw-ups in recent memory. Triplette failed to call for a measurement on a possible first-down, stood by idly as his linesman ordered the chain gang to move, failed to stop play and alert both teams that it wasn't actually a first down, and refused to answer questions about it afterward.

So why is Triplette working the postseason? The NFL's playoff assignments are solely merit-based—officials are graded after every game, and the highest-scoring ones get the plum January jobs. (And paychecks! Never forget that these are part-time employees.) So, presumably Triplette was among the best refs in the league in 2013. Without being privy to the NFL's grading rubric, this might be foremost an indictment of the rest of the zebras.
Here's the link of the crews. Chiefs/Colts gets Walt Anderson.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2014/01/01/9805/

stevieray 01-02-2014 10:45 PM

Jeff Troplette is the Lin E..... errr sorry....of refs.

I'm gonna laugh if Jeffey alters the outcome of the Chargers/Bengals game, especially if the Chargers advance.

tk13 01-02-2014 10:50 PM

I also had no idea Pro Football Reference kept statistics on officials. Walt Anderson's crews only called 39% of their penalties against the home team this year... well below the league average. But to be fair that's the first time in his career that's been the case. It's also his first playoff game in 4 years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/AndeWa0r.htm

beach tribe 01-02-2014 10:52 PM

I figured he would be in INDY to make sure Luck and Peyton get their showdown......Weird.

Coach 01-03-2014 01:05 AM

As long as Leavy and his goons doesn't get a chance to officiate the playoffs, I'm cool with it. That ****er doesn't deserve to officiate in the playoffs this year after that debacle in SD.

AustinChief 01-03-2014 01:09 AM

Walt "everybody but the center" Anderson!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/mbOzB5pfqRE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/mbOzB5pfqRE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

rabblerouser 01-03-2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10330796)
Walt "everybody but the center" Anderson!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/mbOzB5pfqRE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/mbOzB5pfqRE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hahaha, yep!!

False start...everyone but the center.

|Zach| 01-03-2014 03:21 AM

Reffing mistakes are simply the nature of most games. Having said that it seems to have been a particularly bad year from my non scientific gut instinct perspective.

007 01-03-2014 03:29 AM

I would just like to know what their penalties are for such obvious blown calls. The fact that he still gets a playoff game sure makes it seem as if they don't care if the refs blow calls or not.

I'm sure thats not the case but the public eye doesn't get to see what happens to them like they do the players and coaches.

notorious 01-03-2014 07:36 AM

Hali is going to tackled more then the offensive players.

That, or Anderson is going to try to balance out his Home/Visiting team penalty ratio.

Demonpenz 01-03-2014 08:55 AM

LOL Hali has been held, but hasn't done shit as an alternative move for his tired ass game. At this point it's on him to adjust.

durtyrute 01-03-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10330222)
I figured he would be in INDY to make sure Luck and Peyton get their showdown......Weird.

Someone has to help fix the other game. They only meet if we lose and Cincy wins, right?

durtyrute 01-03-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10331021)
LOL Hali has been held, but hasn't done shit as an alternative move for his tired ass game. At this point it's on him to adjust.

He makes me tired seeing him constantly running around the outside time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time, again.

jspchief 01-03-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Not a popular opinion, but I agree.

Bowser 01-03-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

I'm so confused by this post.