ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert and Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268543)

doomy3 01-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9286557)
I hope so. They're key pieces.

Wouldn't mind Maclin as #2 WR to Bowe as well. The cap space is there.

I'd like to go after Harvin. I think he would be an incredible add and could probably be had for our second rounder, which I would move in a second for him.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9286550)
When can we sign them?

March, when the league year begins.

Bewbies 01-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9286768)
When Andy Reid and the Chiefs sign the new GM, the directive should be that getting both Bowe and Albert re-signed is the top priority.

Don't let them get to free agency, and don't end up in a situation where you have to use the tag, or worse decide who to use the tag on.

Yep. The chances you draft 2 guys in those positions, who are, or ever become, as good as them is slim.

They're getting re-signed.

BigMeatballDave 01-05-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

When Andy Reid and the Chiefs sign the new GM, the directive should be that getting both Bowe and Albert re-signed is the top priority.

Don't let them get to free agency, and don't end up in a situation where you have to use the tag, or worse decide who to use the tag on.

When can they begin negotiating?

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9286769)
I'd like to go after Harvin. I think he would be an incredible add and could probably be had for our second rounder, which I would move in a second for him.

Why trade that type pick when there's going to be very good WR talent at the top of round 2? Given his size and the nature of the sport, I'm not investing that type of resource in Harvin at this point.

TEX 01-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Agreed. Would be an outstanding move that would help the team and at the same time send a positive message to the team and fans.

crossbow 01-05-2013 09:39 PM

do you think patterson will make it to top of round two?

jd1020 01-05-2013 09:40 PM

Don't think it matters what receivers are at the top of round 2.

I'm looking at CBs.

milkman 01-05-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9286776)
When can they begin negotiating?

You can negotiate with your own players at any time.

milkman 01-05-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9286784)
do you think patterson will make it to top of round two?

Did you say something?

I was distracted by something below.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9286778)
Why trade that type pick when there's going to be very good WR talent at the top of round 2? Given his size and the nature of the sport, I'm not investing that type of resource in Harvin at this point.

Add in the migranes and injuries... Hell no. Spectacular player when right but not right enough at this point imo
Posted via Mobile Device

crossbow 01-05-2013 09:44 PM

Definitely need a CB and Safety but I was thinking of going all out on offense this year. Not gonna make the playoffs anyways. Seems like all of our TEs are hurt. Boss may not return. And we could use OL depth. Lilja retired.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9286797)
You can negotiate with your own players at any time.

Is that true about Bowe. We couldn't make a deal in season due to the tag right? I wonder of that's up?
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass 01-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonkyPuncher (Post 9286608)
I wonder how much the players influenced Hunt to make this hire, I wonder how much he actually talks to the players about how they feel about things?? Food for thought

The owner should never listen to the players when it comes to the HC. Ever.

Remember, the players loved Herm and they loved Romeo. But the best example of what I am talking about happened after the 1986 season. The players staged a revolt against John Mackovic, and had a meeting where they convinced Lamar to fire him and make Frank Gansz the HC. The Gansz years were the worst in Chiefs history - until this year.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:44 PM

And I realize the actual season is over.

Figured I should clarify
Posted via Mobile Device